3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: couple equiptment questions  (Read 145 times)

Offline MTArrowLauncher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
couple equiptment questions
« on: January 03, 2012, 07:23:00 PM »
I have a few equiptment peices i need to replace when i have the funds, and would like reccomendations from you fine folks  :)

I moved to AK this fall, and while shipping up boxes the Post Office lost two of my boxes and basically said tuff luck when i tried to have them fix it. Sooooooo.........

I lost my fletching jig, it was a greyling i won in the St. judes auction last year, and it worked but was wondering everyones oppinion on the best bang for your buck jig.

Also i lost 2 dozen GT Trad arrows, some that i made up and some shafts, and i only shot them a little bit in my old recurve, so i was wanting oppinions on good arrows, or are the GT's a good enough arrow to stick with?

Also i had a few tabs and cheap shooting gloves in there and none were really great, so i am contemplating on trying to get a big shot glove, are these good gloves, and are there better ones or downfalls with the big shot????

I am pretty made at the PO though, I also lost my hatchet that I made, as well as a bunch of reloading tools and books and hunting items. Dang it, i guess thats life but sure stunk.lol

just wanted to vent and try to get some advice while im at it  :)

thanks for the reccomendations in advance

Fin
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: couple equiptment questions
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 07:32:00 PM »
GT trad arrows are great.  Big Jim usually has some blems and he is a sponsor here so look him up.  
i hunt with a tab so i can't help you with the glove...maybe some of the other guys and girls will jump in.
Good luck to you and sorry for your bad luck!
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Shedrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 07:34:00 PM »
I sure like my 3Rivers dura glove and Bitz fletch jig.

Sorry for your losses, that really stinks.
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

Offline MTArrowLauncher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 07:56:00 PM »
thanks guys, ya thats where i bought those GT trads from big jims blem sale. I only used them for target practice but they seemed good. I want to use wood eventually but im taking everyones advice and starting with carbons.
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 08:03:00 PM »
I'm really partial to my Bitzenberger fletching jig.  It will last as long as you want to fletch arrows.  I've used mine since 1969, and it looks and acts like new!

Bernie Bjorklund

NC Iowa/SW Wisconsin

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©