3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: my new to me bearspaw bow Thanks Neil  (Read 404 times)

Offline LinemanARK

• Trad Bowhunter
my new to me bearspaw bow Thanks Neil
« on: January 03, 2012, 08:34:00 PM »
Well its like this I traded one of my oneida's for a bearpaws 60" 64#at 28"s take down. Awsome bow very nicely made and shoots good, well it did till it blew up after 6 shoots the string broke and busted the top limb. I called the man that ownes the BP's bows and he said I have to sent him all the parts so he can find a set of limbs for me. I think I'm gonna lower the poundage a little. I have a 55# hoyt buffalo but thought I would get a set of 56 to 64 pound limbs what do ya'll think. Also has any one had any dealings with this company.

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: my new to me bearspaw bow Thanks Neil
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 08:41:00 PM »
In all my years I can honestly say I've never had a string break. If it were to happen, I believe that damage would occur to any of my bows as well.
I haven't had any dealing with BP, but I've heard good things about them...again with the string breaking not sure what they could have done about that.

Offline LinemanARK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 08:58:00 PM »
I am by no means bashing Bearpaws bows in any way or form. This happen this afternoon we were shooting and I had to shoot my new bow I didn't get all the way back to anchor when the string broke and hit my face the loop broke on the top limb and busted the deer horn on the top it broke the horn into do you think this could have cut the string? then it splintered the limb.The bow was made in 01 but the guy I got it from didn't shoot it at all this could have been the orginal string it looks to be in good shape(did).

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 09:39:00 PM »
Niel is a good bowyer and stands behind his work, for the warranty period.  He will do you good and fix the bow I'd it can be repaired.  

From his perspective:   It is a ten these old bow, out of warranty for eight years,  you are at least the second owner, he has no idea how the bow has been treated (neither do you really), and you "think it could have been the original string" (ten years old) you were using.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Recurve50 LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 09:44:00 PM »
I had a string break/fail on one of my recurves (not a bow made by the mentioned boyer)one time. It did not suddenly "snap" but a slow motion separation of the bow string under the serving. Freaked me out!
Larry W.

Member TANJ

NRA Life Member

56" 45#@28" Thunder Stick Mag
62" 45#@28" Turkey Creek Longbow
1966 42#@28" Bear Grizley

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 09:45:00 PM »
The string broke and then the bow broke.  That is simply physics there.  The bow was gonna break in that situation no matter what.  It sounds like the bowyer is stepping up to help you out.  It is important to understand that the bow did not cause the failure.  Shooting a string you were not sure of that broke caused it.   Another important note here is that the bowyer has no legal or moral responsibility to assist with a bow that is out of warranty.  The fact that he is stepping up says a lot about him and his outlook on customer service.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 09:50:00 PM »
i didn't quite understand your post Walt.  The bow is 10 years old and never had the string replaced is what i think i got out of it.
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 09:52:00 PM »
Randy, I hate posting while using the phone,  a slip of the finger and it posts before I finished swypeing.

This its was my question:

Wonder why he was implying/disparaging the bowyer in this threads title.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline L. Perry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 10:25:00 PM »
Neil is a good guy, I own three of his bows, He will treat you right. No way its his fault. If your getting new limbs spring for the carbon, best money you will ever spend. Next time you buy a used bow change the string first thing.

Offline LinemanARK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 10:30:00 PM »
Yeah I know it could happen I am not saying it was the bowyer fault at all its mine for not looking at the string better. Guys I'm not bashing him I swear he is gonna help me out if he reads this post or someone tells him please let him know it was my fault. But you know how it is when ya get a new toy ya got to try it out. The bow was taken very good care of not a scratch on it the guy bought it and didn't like trad archery so it has set up and has not had a string on it for 3 years until I put that one on and it broke. Its no big deal Neil said he would help me out its just gonna cost me a little money the reason I posted this tread was to see what pound limbs I should get. I also no that a 10 year old bow doesn't have a warranty.   Mike

Offline Canadian Idle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 10:34:00 PM »
. Next time you buy a used bow change the string first thing. [/QB][/QUOTE]

X2 !! Thats what I do anyways

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 11:22:00 PM »
You need to change the title of your post to: "Good deal for me Very very good" (Bear Paws Bows)

Offline Mike Mecredy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 11:27:00 PM »
I see what you're getting at, I think the title of your post could have been re-worded a little.  It makes it sound like BP gave you a bad deal.  

But the way you're posting says Neil is helping you out with the limbs.  Especially a 10 year old bow.  So it's all cool, right?
TGMM Family of the bow
USAF, Retired
A.C.B.C.S.

Offline sbschindler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 11:33:00 PM »
the intent of the post was to gather some info on wheather or not you should lower your draw weight, i highly recommend that you do, with 55#'s being tops, it is amazing how much more accurate you will be shooting a bow that is easier to draw.. 55#'s will spit an arrow no doubt thats what I;d do. !!!!

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 11:33:00 PM »
I have had two strings break within an hour of each other a few years back while at a big 3D shoot. The bow was not harmed but, needless to say, that round of 3D was pretty much in the toilet.

Sorry you had this happen as it does stink when it happens.

Bisch

Offline Trad 4 life

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 04:45:00 AM »
i had a limb on my 3 week old pears paw recurve let go on me afew years ago,
 neil took care of it pretty quick...had it back in 2 weeks and he lowered the lbs for me to

Offline Shifting Shadow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 10:39:00 AM »
Please edit your title. Thanks.
"Keep the bow you like or you will be looking forever." -H.J.

One bow. One arrow. My ideal.

Offline sticbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 10:55:00 AM »
i agree..i think you need to edit your post title..it looks like your bashing the bow co..that's the reason i clicked on it..

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 11:14:00 AM »
Strings break it happens . No matter the make of bow or Bowyer they should not be liable unless there is a bur at the string groove and if the bow is that old I`m sure there is not.RC

Offline LV2HUNT

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 01:33:00 PM »
Bear's Paw bows and Neil are very well known. You are in good hands.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©