INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The 'SOLANA GAMES' have begun!!!  (Read 26864 times)

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The 'SOLANA GAMES' have begun!!!
« Reply #380 on: January 12, 2012, 05:50:00 PM »
Now the biggest hog, the second one only ran a 60 yard j hook and stopped. I watched him stagger, take 10 more steps and fall over. He was done except for a few last breaths and somewhat of a death grunt. As my arrow waved back at me through the breyers slower and slower until nothing it told me a tale. The boar was done in within sight.

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #381 on: January 12, 2012, 06:05:00 PM »
WOW! I am just catching up to this   :goldtooth:  Awesome hunt fellers...one of these days I am gonna beg my way into this huntin' camp with you!
Mike Davenport

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #382 on: January 12, 2012, 06:31:00 PM »
I know how some folks feel about hogs but I felt like Id had enough killing for the night, heck I even passed up a rabbit within easy range and I usually cant help but fling arrows at them.

I had some great difficulty getting out of the treestand, turns out it cant be done with a safety harness on. I finally figured it out and made it back to earth. I sent out a few nervous texts to the boys with trembling fingers.

I made my way to the biggest hog in disbelief, I couldnt get over my great fortune of having him fall in view and being able to watch him breathe his last.

He was no more than 40 yards from the tree where he fell and this is what greeted me when I got to him.    

Offline Bowhunter4life

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #383 on: January 12, 2012, 06:38:00 PM »
That's a beast Izzy!  Congrats again!  Nothing better then seeing them fall in sight!

How about the "small" one?
"Bowhunting isn't a hobby or a sport... It's a way of life!"

Quote: "Everything you read on the internet is the truth." -Abraham Lincoln

>>>-TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #384 on: January 12, 2012, 06:38:00 PM »
I payed him my respects in my own way and got back to some unfinished business with hog #1. My evening wasnt over just yet.  :saywhat:

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #385 on: January 12, 2012, 06:50:00 PM »
way to go iz!!!    :thumbsup:    :campfire:
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #386 on: January 12, 2012, 07:17:00 PM »
I walked to where I had last seen the 1st hog instead of going to the point of impact as light was beginning to fade. It didnt take much effort to find blood. This is what it looked like.    

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #387 on: January 12, 2012, 07:27:00 PM »
:eek:  Yep, thats a blood trail!!

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #388 on: January 12, 2012, 07:28:00 PM »
Believe it or not sign of that volume continued for nearly another hundred yards and then I found that I had walked into the midst of the hogs that had scattered off of the feeder. They were all around, I was literally surrounded.

What to do? Nocked another arrow and got tied in for whatever was about to come. I cant say for sure but I could see 2 or 3 big ones through the bryers chasing a little one. I dont know if they were looking for love or violence. With light fading fast I moved in on them To see if my hog was still alive among them.

When I got about 10 yards fro them I heard the dreaded wooooooof!!! I was busted and they were outa there.

After sending a few more text to the boys from a crouched position I got up and turned around. What I saw caught me by surprise!!!

Offline Sharptop

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #389 on: January 12, 2012, 07:28:00 PM »
Man that silver blade or whatever head you are using seems to do the trick! Not a blood trail but a stream!

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #390 on: January 12, 2012, 07:30:00 PM »
Gotta pick Noah up from basketball, Ill wrap ythis BS of mine up in 1/2 hour.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #391 on: January 12, 2012, 07:35:00 PM »
This is Good Izzy!!!!

Cant wait for the rest!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #392 on: January 12, 2012, 07:37:00 PM »
Way to go Izzy!  :thumbsup:
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #393 on: January 12, 2012, 08:06:00 PM »
About John's 'style'....call it what you want, but he was self taught after we left...and to date has killed 4 deer and 8 hogs since we were last there.

He found a way on his own to find an anchor point that puts the arrow where he wants it.

Not to bad considering he had ZERO coaching....and found a way to shoot 3 under....just that its 'three WAY under'.     :readit:

Like Ferret said earlier....now back to The HUNT!!!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #394 on: January 12, 2012, 08:19:00 PM »
After getting winded by the pigs, theyd finally had enough of this old Puerto Rican fella invading their Texas home. This time when they ran they kept on going into some darn near impenetrable thorn brush.

I got up from my crouched position, brushed myself off, plucked a cactus spine or 2 or 3 or whatever, I lost count real quick. I turned around and ther 3 feet behind me and 2 feet off the trail lay my 1st boar hidden under a cedar overhang.

I forgot about the bloodtrail when I got into the other pigs and walked right past him only feet away. Whew, good thing he wasnt a sick cape buff! He was a whole lot bigger than what I initially thought.       My boy Robert and I taking a minute to celebrate. Thank you Robert.

Offline dragon rider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #395 on: January 12, 2012, 08:21:00 PM »
Originally posted by Izzy:
After getting winded by the pigs, theyd finally had enough of this old Puerto Rican fella invading their Texas home. This time when they ran they kept on going into some darn near impenetrable thorn brush.

I got up from my crouched position, brushed myself off, plucked a cactus spine or 2 or 3 or whatever, I lost count real quick. I turned around and ther 3 feet behind me and 2 feet off the trail lay my 1st boar hidden under a cedar overhang.

I forgot about the bloodtrail when I got into the other pigs and walked right past him only feet away. Whew, good thing he wasnt a sick cape buff! He was a whole lot bigger than what I initially thought.
Way to go Izzy - that's great.    :)
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons; people are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Sharptop

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #396 on: January 12, 2012, 08:25:00 PM »
And I'm eating your big boar tonight along with my sow. Culinary report tomorrow.

Offline Bowhunter4life

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #397 on: January 12, 2012, 08:33:00 PM »
Congrats again Izzy!  That is another beast!
"Bowhunting isn't a hobby or a sport... It's a way of life!"

Quote: "Everything you read on the internet is the truth." -Abraham Lincoln

>>>-TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #398 on: January 12, 2012, 08:36:00 PM »
Oh no you dont Carlton!!! Dang that looks downright deliscious, enjoy.

I guess they weighed 175 and 200 or thereabouts but a few hog experts Tarz and guides figured about the same and theyve got a mess under their belts.

Both were shot with a Carbon Express 150 Heritage, 100 grain brass insert and 180grain Silver Flame for a total of 650 grains from my 47# @ 28" Griffin "Shakira".

Id shot that setup into wooden planks in preparation for a bison killing and was pretty pleased. I got full penetration from 22 and 20 yards. Their shields are every bit as thick as youve ever heard and then some but this setup went to work on them. Straight broad side with a good sharp broad head will get it done.

Thats about it from me for now. Ill post a few pics before its over. Id just like to finish by saying thanks Terry for putting TG and this hunt together and I thank all of you who were there for being the folks that you are. I was enriched by meeting each one of you.

Folks, dont wait!!! Make an effort and save your money or just make the time if money isnt an issue and get yourself on a TG group hunt. Youll never be the same afterwards.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #399 on: January 12, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »
Somebody post the Kick A pics of Izzy's hogs!!!!!!!

AND.....AND the SHIELD pics!!!!!!!!

That SHARP WIDE Silver Flame sure did the job!    :thumbsup:  

:jumper:        :jumper:        :jumper:        :jumper:        :jumper:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©