3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Night Time Bowhunting For Small Game  (Read 745 times)

Offline David lozzano

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Night Time Bowhunting For Small Game
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2012, 12:18:00 AM »
Wow Tony,
you're a good shot!
sounds like fun, I think I'll give it a try.
JK traditions Kanati 60" 53#@28
Morrison ILF 56" 48#@28
selway lil magnum 58" 49@27
Black Widow PMAX 60" 51# @ 28
Stalker Jackal 58" 52# @ 28

Online Tony Sanders

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2012, 10:44:00 AM »
Thanks fellows for your tips and kind words. Steve H, yes Skunk is on the Maryland small game menu, but I think I will pass on him, unless I am thratened(LOL). Stan M thanks for the tip on that Coleman LED handlight, I will check into that today. I will post back and let you know how this works out for me. Thank you much. Shoot Straight and Good Hunting.

Tony

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2012, 02:23:00 PM »
Good luck!  That grey fox was a big one!
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline Butts2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2012, 02:41:00 PM »
Hunting in the dark.
I have trouble at times walking IN in the dark. Amazing how fast you can turn your head to miss a branch approaching your eye.
As the "famous" movie stated                   "your going to shoot your eye out kid"
Night pictures appreciated  :thumbsup:
Schafer Silvertip 58" 61@28
Hunter Safety Certificate
Bowhunter Safety Certificate
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Associatio
Pope & Young Club

Online Lucas K

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2012, 10:34:00 AM »
Tony thanks for sharing all the great pictures. I have to try that here...
Lucas Kent

Online Tony Sanders

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2012, 03:09:00 PM »
Thanks Lucas K. Chasing small game is something I love just as well as deer hunting. But this night time hunting will be something new to me. I will give it my best shot and see how it turns out.

Tony

Offline sabas silva

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 07:57:00 AM »
Tony that was fun, I have heard that Nutria are good table fare, I have tried smoked raccoon and it was good,might try Nutria

Offline GANDGOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 02:26:00 PM »
Great Job TONY, LOVE those leather gaiters!! Where did you get THOSE??  :scared:
3 pc. Morrison Shawnee 60" 51#
3 pc. Shafer Silvertip 62" 48#
1 pc. Sandy Biles Super Xt 47#
3 pc. A&H ACS 62" 48#
3 pc. Das Dalaa 60" 48#

For GOD so Loved the world. He GAVE His Only Son...John 3:16.

Online Tony Sanders

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2012, 10:29:00 PM »
Thanks sabas silva and GANDOLPH. GANDOLPH, those are not Leather Gaiters(LOL) They are just plain rubber hip boots. Thank you guys much.

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2012, 11:11:00 PM »
I do a lot of hog and pest hunting at night , here is the light set-up I use , and it will work on any bow. Get you an old bike innertube and cut it how ever you need it.You dont have to have the pressure switch but it is nice.I use red , green and white light , I like the red the best. Cover the entire light with one piece as not to scratch your bow.Works real good above the arrow also.

HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2012, 11:12:00 PM »
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2012, 11:27:00 PM »

Here are some pics with the light on the bow hope this helps.Tony if you ever get to Texas let me know I got plenty of hogs and other critters that need shot.
,,,,,,,,,,Sam,,,,,,,,,,
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Online Tony Sanders

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2012, 08:02:00 AM »
Thank you much Sam for the info about the light setup. I will have to take you up on that offer to come to Texas. Matter of fact my Wife just returned from Texas. One thing I can say for sure Sam, that between you and Bisch, those critters in Texas don't stand a chance(LOL). I certainly have enjoyed reading and going along with your hunting adventures that you share with us here on Tradgang. And I admire and envy you and Bisch in a good way, to be able to hunt as much as you guys do and have access to places with the amount of game that you have. And it goes without saying, I do LOVE to BOWHUNT. I took this little pig in Texas a few years back,and I shot him darn near at dark, and he was a good eater. And I would love to come down and get at them again. Thank you much. Shoot Straight and Good Hunting.

Offline StanM

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2012, 09:42:00 AM »
Hey Sam, great pics!  What type of light is that?  I would love the pressure switch, but the ones I found were all in the $100+ range.  Did that light come with one or is that an "after market"  :)

This is a great thread, Tony.  Making me look forward to the weekend.  Was going through some old photos and bringing back memories.  One of my favorite things about small game hunting is the opportunities it affords to hunt with kids (little ones and big ones).  Great times together.

Can you tell who lost the bet on going in after the nutria on that last pic?  :)

Offline StanM

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2012, 09:50:00 AM »
A few more memories.

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2012, 12:58:00 PM »
Tony its a no B.S. offer as long as I have a few weeks notice so I can get off work , I dont have much but whats mine is yours. The lights I have range from $10 - $100 , do a search tactical lights and hog bow lights you will find many that will work great.I only use the LED lights now with the colored bulb (LED) I saw on a bowhunting site in Texas some guys found the light and pressure switch for $20 ( PM me and I can give you the site ).
Good luck guys.........
,,Sam,,
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Online Tony Sanders

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2012, 03:00:00 PM »
Thanks StanM. Some nice pics and animals you have there, and you have the young ones involved as well. Do you guys have Nutria out there in Oregon Stan. We use to have quite a few of them here in Maryland, but because of their invasiveness and destructive habit, the state have pretty much gotten rid of them. We the members of The Traditional Bowhunters Of Maryland use to have a great time going after the Nutes. Back during the 90's I use to cordinate some of the Nutria Hunts for the club, we really had some good times. Not to mention, those Nutes, as ugly as they are, were quite good to eat barbecued. Thanks for sharing. shoot Straight and Good Hunting.

Offline StanM

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2012, 12:53:00 AM »
We still have quite a few out here.  I've been lucky enough to get access to a golf course that wants them eradicated as much as possible for the last 15 years.  I've really enjoyed hunting those things.  I think I remember reading an article about your nute hunt in an older issue of Traditional Bowhunter a while back.  Sounded like a hoot!

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2012, 01:52:00 AM »
StanM:  Looks like you are getting a bit cockie after your two kill night about three posts ago.......you need to pay more attention as you have a THIRD critter sneaking in on you from behind!  Watch your SIX Stan!

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2012, 06:28:00 AM »
Sam And Tony, go easy on us! If you fellers get together in Texas there wont be a single hog left in Texas.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©