3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Zipper bows 30th Anniversary  (Read 745 times)

Offline Tater

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Zipper bows 30th Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2012, 07:32:00 AM »
Congratulations to everyone for a great product and carring on the Tradition.!

...........  :clapper:  ............
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline mmisciag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2012, 08:08:00 AM »
Oh my, now I want a Zipper and a guitar.

Fantastic!

I spoke with Bill at Baltimore last year. What a great guy. Now to know the roots of the business and see what Bob is producing. Nice pedigree.

The parlor guitar is most interesting!

Yes, there is a Zipper in my future.

Martin

Offline kuch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2012, 08:24:00 AM »
Figured I would chime in. In college I would send away for brochures (what's that, no computers and website wasn't even a word). I loved getting mail and Zipper had the most striking curly maple bow . I would stare at it for hours. Only a pipe dream at that time as there was no money for a bow . As fate would have it , I finished my schooling and moved 1/2 hour away from Bob and soon ordered my first Zipper. Spent some time at his shop and spoke with many people that worked with him. He's a smart cat and his products speak to his craftsmanship. His pool cues, instruments, and gun stocks are spectacular.I really am fortunate to have spent time over at his shop and get to see his ability and shoot his bows. Definitely the first big step in my "bowholic illness"  and amplified my passion for bowhunting (if Bob could shoot a deer with a recurve using his feet because his arm was injured.....surely I could kill one with two good arms !)

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2012, 09:08:00 AM »
It's just Zipperterrific !!!!
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2012, 09:18:00 AM »
:thumbsup:  30 years that's cool, I have a standard and a ILF riser, fast becoming one of my favorites!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2012, 11:09:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Tater:
Congratulations to everyone for a great product and carring on the Tradition.!

...........   :thumbsup:
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2012, 11:14:00 AM »
:campfire:
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline falconview

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2012, 11:41:00 AM »
Congrats on 30! many more to come, my two zippers are works of art one from each era you guys are the best
Thanks

Offline jomama

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2012, 11:52:00 AM »
Very cool Bill, congratulations.

Offline Margly

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2012, 02:03:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :archer:    :archer2:
With a healthy dose of madness and bad memory, life`s a wonderful journey      :thumbsup:    

-----------------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2012, 05:58:00 PM »
Impressive milestone to celebrate. With that tradition in the past and Bill and Tracy's innovations for the present and future, Zipper zips ahead!  :thumbsup:    :clapper:
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2012, 06:05:00 PM »
Bob built my first custom bow back in 1990. I still have it today (although I have retired it).

I have seriously been considering a new one...maybe I'll see a lefty at the Baltimore shoot that I can't live without!   :goldtooth:

Offline BOWMARKS

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2012, 07:11:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :clapper:
Kanati Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Hoot's Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Shrew Classic Hunter 56"-47#@28"

TGMM Family Of The Bow
United Bowhunters of Penna.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Online Lucas K

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2012, 07:21:00 PM »
30 years! that makes it a classic!
Lucas Kent

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2012, 08:27:00 PM »
I don't own a Zipper bow but have admired them on several occasions. Congratulations Bill and Tracy. You are a class act.     :archer2:

Offline Jim Jackson

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2012, 12:05:00 AM »
Happy anniversary!  Thanks to Bob for the foundation and for Bill and Tracy taking Zipper Bows into the future.
Blaze out your own trail.

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2012, 06:52:00 AM »
Like most T-Gangers, I'de like to have just "one more bow"! Of all the bows I dream about the Zipper never comes to mind. Now before your hair stands up just listen. We all have our favorites and take downs just aint on my list. Here's the kicker, If I ever choose to own a takedown, Zipper is my choice hands down. The risers I guess is what pleases the eye for me as most 3 piece curves have a "squared off" bulky design Zippers have clean smooth lines, real lookers! Happy anniversary! Oh, and you might be asking if I ever shot one, well no and if I ever do I might just throw my other bows out.

Offline Elkchaser

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2012, 02:26:00 PM »
It is great to see a company sustain for the long haul and build an incredible product to boot.
Congratulations on 30 years and here's to 30 more.   :clapper:    :archer2:
No matter where you go; There you are.......

Toelke Lynx RC 58", 51@28”

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2012, 03:43:00 PM »
I met Bob about 1984, and I had him build me a TD using all black locust wood from our region. I hunted hard with that bow and I killed some deer with it. Ultimately, I ended up selling it when I switched bows. Although I don't miss it, I'd love to see what it looks like today...out of curiosity.

I made several visits to Bob's home outside Ravenswood, WV over a few years...spent some time shooting bows with him off his elevated back deck. The guy was probably THE most intelligent and innovative bowyer of that time. His art was totally unapproachable by most bowyers of that time. My recurve had an angled, offset grip which was unheard-of until Bob did them I believe. He was devising and building his own taper-grinder (not sander) when most guys didn't even try to produce tapered laminations. His bow shop was state of the art, but half of it was machinery he customized for bow work.
This was just about the time that he started finding and using curly maple in some of his better bows. He traveled around to sawmills in WV, and searched out the wood he desired.

I have a pretty good memory of a canoe that Bob built. It hung on the wall at his place and fascinated me. It had inlays and contrasting woods designed into it. The ribs, gunnels, thwarts and seats were works of pure art themselves. He even made paddles to go with it. A boat like that might cost you $7,000-$10,000 today. He even had it on water a few times. I asked him how it performed and he answered, "Pretty much like crap...that's why it hangs on the wall now"! The guy always had a little smile going on, and a twinkle in his eye.

Bill and Tracy: My best congratulations to you for carrying the torch and keeping Zipper alive. In reality, your bow company is a long-term icon in the traditional world. We appreciate you. Thanks!

Offline Lee Viv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2012, 03:50:00 PM »
Bill and Tracy,

Congrats on the milestone and hope to see you at Baltimore in May!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©