3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Pittsley Preditor Shooters/spine ?  (Read 117 times)

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Pittsley Preditor Shooters/spine ?
« on: January 06, 2012, 06:47:00 AM »
you folks that are very familier with Preditors,, I have a 60" 50# pred that I'm wondering about setting up wood arrows for.

currently it bare shafts a 29" heritage 150 w/250grain point perfect..  but I have 2 other recurves that are set up with heritage so I want to have this bow throw woods if I can get the spines right.
I like at least 575 finished grain weight so going a bit heavy on the spine to use a heavier point might be the ticket, also if I can keep the shaft size 11/32 for a more center shot arrow thats great too.

thanks for any opinions,, T
"Us vs Them"

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Pittsley Preditor Shooters/spine ?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 06:37:00 PM »
nobody?
"Us vs Them"

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 06:54:00 PM »
I am a long time Predator shooter...

My draw length is 29 1/2 inches, and my draw weight at that length is 73 lbs.

I have ALWAYS found it necessary to shoot arrows spined heavier than any chart ever recommended from this bow.

When shooting wood shafts, I need nothing less than the heaviest spine I can find. 90 to 100 lbs spine for wood shafts...cut as short as I dare.

My son shoots a 50 lb Predator, and draws right at 28 inches. His best flying wood arrows are spined 60/65 lbs and are 29 inches long. Honestly it has been a while since I watched him shoot the wood shafts, but I think they show weak, and could stand to be as short as possible. His shafts are Cedar, and I believe they finish out at just shy of 500 grains with a 125 grain glue on point.

:campfire:

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 06:13:00 PM »
Bone thanks for the post,my bow is 50@28 also and he's shooting 60/65's so that helps me alot and his arrow length is 29" that is also my arrow length with the recurves..  I'd like to get 550 to 575grains if possible so bumping to 70/75 and upping the point weight to 160gr  might be the ticket for me..

did you by any chance see those 90# arrow art woodies in the classifieds,, 10 bucks a piece is a good deal for AA's all day long?
"Us vs Them"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©