3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ASAT camo  (Read 457 times)

Offline Jaypo

• Trad Bowhunter
ASAT camo
« on: January 06, 2012, 10:09:00 AM »
Guys- after reading on this forum about different camo types, I got interested in ASAT.  It seems a lot of trad guys swear by it.  Well, after researching it, I decided to try it out, but I didn't feel like paying more than it costs to join a hunting club!  So I got on ASAT's website and found that the material used to make the BDU pants was being sold for $6.00 per yard.  My wife sews, so I ordered 6 yards of it.  I should be able to make 2 shirts and 2 pairs of pants plus a couple of head covers. So for $48.00 including tax and shipping, I should be able to get 2 complete sets of ASAT clothing!

It is en route via UPS truck at this moment.  I'll let you know how it comes out!

Offline lt-m-grow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ASAT camo
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 10:51:00 AM »
The cost of 2 asat shirts - $108
The cost of 2 asat pants - $124

The cost of your material $48

The difference = $184

What it will cost me to have my wife make me hunting clothes...I don't know but a heck of a lot more than $184.  :-)

As my old friend used to say, how much a dog costs you has nothing to do with the price you originally bought it for. :-)    

Let us know how it works out....

Offline onewhohasfun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 11:03:00 AM »
ASAT is the best IMHO. The buck in my avatar looked right thru me 3 times at 15 yds. and I was on the ground with no cover at all. I still can't believe it. He never had a clue. Just bought some more ASAT here on the classifides.
Tom

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 11:37:00 AM »
I like it, some times it seems they just look right through you. I think this hog likes it to but it didnt work for him   :laughing:  

TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline TimberlineSR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 11:49:00 AM »
You can buy an ASAT leafy suit for $140. Really, for a full suit of clothes to go hunting during any season of the year, to me, that's cheap!

As far as does it work??? Heck yes! I have had a deer within five yards of me, while I was sitting on the ground in my leafy suit. She looked right at, and seemed to look right through me...never knew I was there. That was the first testimony to me, that the stuff is all that and a bag of chips!

Steve

Offline BEN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 12:25:00 PM »
I have the insul. bibs that were "seconds" of another website. I guess the color is lighter than normal...but works great still. I pair the bibs with predator top.

Ben
M.O.A.B  54# Thunderstick
Ancient Spirits 62# "Thunderhawk"
Browning Wasp 45#

"VEGETARIAN"----Old Indian word for "BAD HUNTER".

Online fishone

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 12:37:00 PM »
ASAT is the only camo I have worn for the last 15 yrs. In my opinion, it is the best camo pattern available.

Offline bansheewins

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 01:06:00 PM »
This is the first I have heard of this ASAT camo and from looking into it I am really curious.  I currently use Tree stand camo and have always purchased the newest cool looking camo on the market (stupid I know).  I went to the ASAT website and really liked their pictures of this camo in use.  It looks like a lot of traditional archers are recommending this.  

I loved the two pictures provided wtpops and Ben those are great.  Does anyone else have pictures or examples I can see?  Also, is there different color styles for asat or is it all the same color besides the snow camo?  I would like to try and get some of this camo but not sure if they have different colors.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach that man to fish and he will eat for a life time"

Offline Jaypo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 01:40:00 PM »
The fact that so many people that hunt in a way that you must be within throwing distance of an animal recommend it speaks volumes for me.  

It wasn't just the price that enticed me.  I'm actually kind of excited about making my own stuff!  I'll post pics when I get it all done.  Thanks for the input, guys!

Offline Jaypo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 01:42:00 PM »
Originally posted by lt-m-grow:
The cost of 2 asat shirts - $108
The cost of 2 asat pants - $124

The cost of your material $48

The difference = $184

What it will cost me to have my wife make me hunting clothes...I don't know but a heck of a lot more than $184.  :-)

As my old friend used to say, how much a dog costs you has nothing to do with the price you originally bought it for. :-)    

Let us know how it works out....
Gotta include 2 headcovers as well!

Offline bansheewins

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 02:22:00 PM »
Jaypo,  Where did you find the material/fabric that you purchased, I would like to check it out?
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach that man to fish and he will eat for a life time"

Offline Yohon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 02:54:00 PM »

LONGTIME ASAT user here...just this AM I was sitting in a treestand and had a mature bald eagle land 40 yards from me and spend several minutes there,only flying away after I moved to check on a noise from my other side.Not 20 minutes later a blue Heron landed in a pool on the marsh 20 yards from me and I got to watch it catch its breakfast several times. Blue Heron's may not see like a turkey but they arent far from it based on my experiences. The name of the game is gettin close and asat certainly helps.
"Take the time to take your time and enjoy the trip." Mike Bolin

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 03:18:00 PM »

"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Jaypo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 03:54:00 PM »
Originally posted by bansheewins:
Jaypo,  Where did you find the material/fabric that you purchased, I would like to check it out?
asatcamo.com.  I called the company,and the lady I spoke with told me that the fabric was the cotton blend that they make the BDU pants out of, so it is pretty sturdy.  She said you wash it once and it fades to the "worn" color (which is what I would want- nothing too shiny and pretty!).

Offline Jaypo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 03:55:00 PM »
Thanks for the pics and input, Yohon and Joe Skipp!  I'm even more fired up now!!

Offline bansheewins

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 04:30:00 PM »
Thank you for the information and thank you guys for the pictures that is awesome.  I am going to look into getting some myself.  All I hear is good stuff so I am going to try it out.

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 04:30:00 PM »
Originally posted by bansheewins:
This is the first I have heard of this ASAT camo and from looking into it I am really curious.  I currently use Tree stand camo and have always purchased the newest cool looking camo on the market (stupid I know).  I went to the ASAT website and really liked their pictures of this camo in use.  It looks like a lot of traditional archers are recommending this.  

I loved the two pictures provided wtpops and Ben those are great.  Does anyone else have pictures or examples I can see?  Also, is there different color styles for asat or is it all the same color besides the snow camo?  I would like to try and get some of this camo but not sure if they have different colors.
It is all one color, thats the concept behind it, the lightest color is the one that really breaks up your outline, it blends in with most any thing in the back ground. ASAT (All Season All Terrain)
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2012, 05:36:00 PM »
I bought the insulated Bibs and The Bomber Jacket off their web site a couple months ago.   :thumbsup:   I paid 125 bucks for the 2 items.   :archer:

Offline Jaypo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2012, 05:47:00 PM »
I'm excited that so many people use it!  It's uncommon with all the new "pretty" camo that's coming out now.  I've been a Mossy Oak guy for years, and I've really had no problems with it.  But now that I'll have to get even closer to the game, I want to have every advantage that I can!

Offline vernon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2012, 05:51:00 PM »
I've used asat as long as I can remember.  I've had numerous "close" encounters that are measured in feet not yards.  Shot a nice bull elk at 6 yards and he looked right at me as he walked by.  Do really appreciate it you have to have another hunting buddy wear and watch him disappear in almost any terrain.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©