3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: damon howatt hunter recurve  (Read 247 times)

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
damon howatt hunter recurve
« on: July 19, 2007, 08:53:00 PM »
Anybody shooting one of these?I aquired this bow cheap the other day and it has a new string no silencers and noisy.It says its 50lb at 28 and 62amo.I haven't had a chance to put it on a scale.Any recomendations on this bow?brace hight or where to place the silencers,and what kind.I may use it as a spare.It's in my weight range and I probably have arrows for it.
Your best shot is only as good as your next one!

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: damon howatt hunter recurve
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 09:13:00 PM »
I have a 1976 Howatt Hunter 55@28" 58" (not many 58"out there)that was my go to since 76 and retired in 2001 I think when I got my Bob Lee TD.Brace hgt.8" very quite with fur or rubber fast enough and killed its share of deer but was pretty ragged out(tip split reglued rough lots of scratches and cuts).I sent it to bowdoc Don Ward and it came back beautiful again like new.I pulled 28 1/2" and it was O.K. but it got heavy at 29"plus.All around good bow would not be afraid to use it and kill deer.One of my grandkids will use someday.Kip

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 09:22:00 PM »
intresting story.I guess that's proof old bow's never die.They just go to bowdoc.Ummm!bowdoc you might wnat to use that phrase.  :biglaugh:

Offline Predator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 12:15:00 AM »
I have an 89' Howatt Hunter. Very good shooter and quiet. I use Bow hush silencers on mine but whiskers worked well too. I don't why but my bow is much quieter with an endless loop string. Mine likes 8" of BH. Mine is a 55@28 and I shoot 2114's with a 175 tip for a total weight of 530grs. Bow is OK on speed but not what the higher end bows are. It shoots the 530gr arrow @ 180-183fps.

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 09:54:00 AM »
Thanks guy's this gives me a place to start.looks like 8in bh.I have ruber silencers that i can throw on.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©