3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My new Hoyt Buffalo quiver  (Read 486 times)

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
My new Hoyt Buffalo quiver
« on: January 07, 2012, 07:38:00 PM »
I can't ever leave well enough alone with quivers! I had already used a EFA quiver to make a 1pc quiver for my Hoyt earlier this year:

Sitting in the treestand all year gave me to much time to think of projects and a new quiver was in store. Here are the componants EFA quiver,Hoyt Buffalo limbs,aluminum brackets,and 3/8x24x5/8 bolts:

Mounted on limbs:

Flashlight attached to hood:

And limbs back on the bow:

Shoots great with it attached on that part of limb, wasn't sure if performmance would be altered but it shoots great.    :D

Offline Three Finger

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: My new Hoyt Buffalo quiver
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 07:47:00 PM »
Looks good. Good job!
US Army AIRBORNE 95-98
Woodland Hunter 58"48#@28
Hoyt Dorado 55#@28

Offline Altiman94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 08:04:00 PM »
I like that flashlight on the quiver...never thought of that.  Typically I carry my bow so the quiver hood is facing forward to avoid catching the fletches in grass and branches, so that light would work great.

I have the same bow, but use the regular buffalo quiver made for the bow.  I bought the set up that way, but I could do the same thing with flashlight....great idea!
>>>--------->

Offline DEERDOG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 08:06:00 PM »
Waaaaaaaay too much time on your hands in the stand and at work! Looks good though Chris.
"Go afield with a good attitude, respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience.It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person."

Fred Bear

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 08:17:00 PM »
Works great and I always have it with me. Got tired of those evenings I wouldn't wear a hat and had to carry it, so it hit me to stick it on the hood. I still have an extra in my pack also.

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 08:20:00 PM »
Thanks Lewis, next I'm gonna get me a pressure switched hog light rigged up for the Georgia trip!!!

Offline oregonmike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 02:31:00 PM »
I'm wondering how much those limbsavers quiet your buffalo? i found your article because I am thinking of mounting an efa in the same spot and was wondering about the performance but that is the first buffalo I've seen with limbsavers. do you like them?

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 05:07:00 AM »
I have noticed a significant differace using limbsavers on my Buffalo.

Offline Jake Fr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 06:53:00 PM »
Im pretty dence I like it but would like to see it strung with arrows in it just to help wrap my head around it better and your flash light is an awesome idea I might try that on my great northern quiver

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©