3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Caribou "D" Day we are off with pics YEEEEHAW  (Read 5801 times)

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Caribou "D" Day we are off with pics YEEEEHAW
« Reply #220 on: August 24, 2007, 09:31:00 PM »
Hill "bou" boy,,, I'm supposed to get my bow in tomorrow. Like I really need something else to add to my lack of sleeping issue I have been having this past week. When it gets in then I'm off to Rays to tune it in real good and then I'll have a couple of days to shoot it before we head to the NORTH COUNTRY.. Did I mention having sleep problems

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #221 on: August 24, 2007, 09:52:00 PM »
Holy cow! A new bow!You are soooo spent.This really concerns me. between you and Don I'm concerned for your health.If I got a new bow in tomorrow I would have an overload,complete power outage.I took a wood rasp to the one I been shootin a year and a half. :scared:Uhhh, so wich one is it?Have you got bullets made for it?
Your best shot is only as good as your next one!

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #222 on: August 24, 2007, 10:00:00 PM »
By the way!lets add this up!1 Ray's tomorrow.2 nextday is the day before departure.3 your leaving.Couple days of shootin huh?What are you shootin at road sighns or somthing?  :bigsmyl:

Offline BradLantz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #223 on: August 24, 2007, 10:17:00 PM »
I feel better - no headache now. I don't take drugs, very rarely anyway. Any drugs, be it aspirin or anything else. This afternoon, I was very thankful for 2 headache relief pills, I'll tell you that !

I have to shoot some tommorrow .......

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #224 on: August 24, 2007, 10:25:00 PM »
Glad you got rid of that headache Brad.I usally just drink a cup of coffee.Guess Ill see you monday morning.

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #225 on: August 24, 2007, 10:30:00 PM »
Man how things change in 30 mins. We just received a call from my mother in-law and my father in-law had his knee replaced 2 days ago is just now being taken back for an emergency procedure. Said his bowels have stopped working and they are having to go in and see if there is a blockage. Please pray for him if you all would. My wife is torn apart and don't know what to do at this point. I have told her that if she needs to go to him, go ahead. I sure hope this all works out. If she has to go to Texas I'll have to back out of the hunt at the last min. to take care of my children while she deals with her father. Everything else will remain in place meaning my truck will still be driven up by Tim from Colorado and everyone else will go as planned. All I can do is ask everyone to PLEASE pray for him.

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #226 on: August 24, 2007, 10:31:00 PM »
I'm taking this over to the prayer request site as well.

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #227 on: August 24, 2007, 10:38:00 PM »
Oh no chuck!I'm sorry for all of you.WE'll be praying and I'm sure he will be fine.Keep us posted.

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #228 on: August 24, 2007, 10:44:00 PM »
Hill boy, we'll be up tonight until we hear from Texas. Thanks for the prayers buddy.

Offline BradLantz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #229 on: August 24, 2007, 11:42:00 PM »
Monday morning Mike - I'll call you and get directions exactly on how to get to your house. I've never been a coffee drinking, but espresso and latte's got me hook, line and sinker

CJP - I hope it all works out for you, I really do.

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #230 on: August 25, 2007, 12:35:00 AM »
I am going to bed they are running late with my father in law. I'll have an update in the morning

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #231 on: August 25, 2007, 08:44:00 AM »
Received a call this morning around 3:00 that he had gone through the procedure well and everyting looks good. Thanks for the prayers.

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #232 on: August 25, 2007, 08:50:00 AM »
Bob, thanks for talking to my wife last night. Your talk calmed her down alot and you were exactly correct with your diagnosis.
Thanks again brother.

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #233 on: August 25, 2007, 08:57:00 AM »
So they corrected the problem Chuck?

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #234 on: August 25, 2007, 11:06:00 AM »
Yea they got the blockage removed. They are calling in a neurologist today. He may be having seizures. As of this moment I am still planning on going on the hunt.

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #235 on: August 25, 2007, 01:10:00 PM »
I received my new bow in today. Mark Horne was not kidding when he said that it would only take 45 mins to get it tuned in. I haven't even made it over to Rays yet and I already am close to busting nocks @ 25 yards. From what Ray told me this morning his shooting is once again something to behold. He made up some new arrows for this hunt and after trying them out,, well lets just say some re-fletching had to be done. I have watched Ray shoot and he is flat out deadly with that Zipper bow of his. ARE YOU GUY'S READY TO HEAD NORTH???  :archer:

Offline BradLantz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #236 on: August 25, 2007, 02:51:00 PM »
I shot broadheads this morning, pretty well. Best shot was a leaf at about 40 steps, but overall not bad shooting at all. I could NOT get that seal skin to stick to my shelf, so I used sticky back felt from Wal-Mar - great arrow flight now, I noticed no nock kick on any of my shots.

I'm ready - tonight I'll pack my bow and everything, re-weigh, leaving Monday morning to meet up with Mike and Donald

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #237 on: August 25, 2007, 03:00:00 PM »
Sounds like I might be doing most of my shooting alone when we get up north.  :o

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #238 on: August 25, 2007, 05:28:00 PM »
no, no, no. Group humiliation of everyone's shooting is how we get better, Hill Boy.

You'll take your licks just like the rest of us, and YOU'D BETTER LIKE 'EM!!!!!!!!  :biglaugh:
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #239 on: August 25, 2007, 08:40:00 PM »
Hill boy,, Ray is correct everyone of us will our own mess ups. That's what makes the camp fun. Ray helped me get the new bow tuned in today and it's now ready to go.
All I have left to pack is the food I'm bringing and I now need to go make 2 extra strings.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©