3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Caribou "D" Day we are off with pics YEEEEHAW  (Read 5794 times)

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Caribou "D" Day we are off with pics YEEEEHAW
« Reply #240 on: August 25, 2007, 08:48:00 PM »
Hey gang, Bob Walker came up with an excellant idea. Please check your email. I am sending out an email asking for everyone's phone number. The three gents that we are meeting up there from Missouri have purchased phone mins and have said that we could bye some of their time for us to call back. What I figure we would do is have one person call home to their wife or whomever and then that persons wife could contact all of the other families and let them know the update and that all is well.

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #241 on: August 25, 2007, 10:46:00 PM »
Hey Guys,

I am back and raring to leave TOMORROW!!!! 10 hrs of driving today to get back from Ruidosa. Trip I had to make to keep the wife happy. LOL.
No computer up there so could not post. Is everybody ready??? C J I was sorry to hear about your delima, I hope and pray everthing is OK now. Mike I need a phone number!!!

Man I can not beleive it is here already. YEEEEEEHAWWWWW
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #242 on: August 25, 2007, 10:51:00 PM »
Hold on Donald,, you aint leaving tomorrow, you leave Tuesday buddy.. We are meeting Tuesday night in Michigan.

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #243 on: August 25, 2007, 10:58:00 PM »
Chuck, I think he is leaving tomorrow to meet up with Mike and Brad. Then they will leave Tuesday morning birght and early. Bubba, check your emails couple of things to do for David.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #244 on: August 25, 2007, 10:59:00 PM »
OOOPS, There I go jumping the gun again. Just too pumped I guess. Mike I will be rolling in Monday evening instead of tomorrow. Ok that gives me another day to shoot. Sorry Guys.LOL
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #245 on: August 25, 2007, 11:00:00 PM »
Duh, that is right it is Sat evening there. It is Sunday afternoon here already.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #246 on: August 25, 2007, 11:30:00 PM »
Danny, that is just proof that you need to get back here. You are getting older a day faster than us. Come back and slow down and liiiiiiiiiiiiiive.

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #247 on: August 25, 2007, 11:32:00 PM »
Donny you drive safe and don't be day dreaming while your driving!LOL<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #248 on: August 26, 2007, 09:58:00 AM »
Ok, I'm confused.What day does the plane fly us in?And what time?
Your best shot is only as good as your next one!

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #249 on: August 26, 2007, 10:01:00 AM »
Ok, I am fresh after a nights sleep. C.J., I thought you were leaving the evening of the 27th is why I was gonna leave today, but if we are not meeting till Tues. evening then I do not need to leave until tomorrow morn and then Brad, Mike and I will leave from Mikes house Tuesday to meet ya'll in Detroit. Will that give us plenty of time to get to Radisson the evening of the 29th?

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #250 on: August 26, 2007, 10:02:00 AM »
Mike the plane flies us in the morning of the 30th. I was confused too. Pm me your phone number.

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #251 on: August 26, 2007, 11:56:00 AM »
Don & Mike, here are the plans. We are leaving Tues morning from my house in Ga. We pickup Bob Walker in Ohio and Ray Hammond in Detroit Tues. evening around 9:00pm. We then meet up with you all at the wal-mart and then drive all night from there to get into Radisson the next day. That will put us in Radisson with time to spare.
We fly out Thursday morning to camp.

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #252 on: August 26, 2007, 12:36:00 PM »
Alright Don!This one is going to cost ya.The ribye's are getting smaller.Just jokin!I was right in there with you, and Brad certainly hasn't said anything to the contrary.  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:  Good thing you started this post we would be trying to fly in a day early.See ya tomorrow night ribey's will be waiting.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #253 on: August 26, 2007, 12:45:00 PM »
Chuck,
have you spoken to Bearman lately? I know there are guys in the air, checking things out.

Do you think he would have up to date info?
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #254 on: August 26, 2007, 01:40:00 PM »
Good idea Ray let me call him I'll get back.

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #255 on: August 26, 2007, 01:46:00 PM »
I just called Bearman and he is calling Harry or Boney right now and I should hear something in 20-25 mins.

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #256 on: August 26, 2007, 02:23:00 PM »
OK. I just got off of the phone with Bearman and he said that he talked to Adam that was working at camp Kat. He said that he figured the migration to be close due to the fact they are seeing a few caribou and as they were flying out of camp they noticed 4 swimming in the water. Normally by this time they are covered with caribou but this is turning out to be a not so normal year for the north country. He did say that with the wind blowing like it is up there he did not see where a Thermacell was going to be much good. Personally though I'd still bring one,but also bring the bug dope and be prepared for black flies. Duct tape for the cuffs and head net and gloves. From the sound of things it is looking like we are going to have to hunt hard if we are going to be successful in harvesting a bou.

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #257 on: August 26, 2007, 02:25:00 PM »
Man is this luck or what. My new to me Blacktail was here waiting when I got back from Ruidosa. I have been shooting it and my other Blacktail and it is shooting as good as the other. Man I love Norm's bows. They are both coming with me to Canada. I can hardly wait. WE LEAVE TOMORROW, TOMORROW WILL BE A GRAND OLE DAY!!!!! YEEEEE HAWWWW!!! Spend the night at Mike's and then on to Detroit to meet the rest of the gang at Wally World then to the GREAT WHITE NORTH.

I will try to take lots of pics to post when we return. I hope we are all blessed and take great bulls and maybe a bear or two. Wish us luck.

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #258 on: August 26, 2007, 03:42:00 PM »
There are a lot of things that can change in the next 4 days.I stil think we will hit it just right absotlutly covered up.A little cold front will help and unless that has changed I think were due one about the time we arrive.

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #259 on: August 26, 2007, 04:11:00 PM »
Thats the outlook to have Mike. Are you getting anxious yet? Hey I sent you an email that I need to you and Brad to add your info to.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©