3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Caribou "D" Day we are off with pics YEEEEHAW  (Read 5772 times)

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Caribou "D" Day we are off with pics YEEEEHAW
« Reply #320 on: September 07, 2007, 05:35:00 PM »
Well heck, if there were Ptarmigan, did ya shoot any of those, I heard they are good eating. Cannot wait to hear and see the stories. Sounds like a good time was had even without the bou, and 1/2 off for next year if ya want to go back.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline BradLantz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #321 on: September 07, 2007, 07:33:00 PM »
a few pictures

wolf pup, he and 2 litter mates and 2 adults lived over the hill a ways from camp Kat - i saw them 4 of the 5 days we were there, they howled at me one morning

First day Mike and I hunted around. Saw the above wolf pup, some great scenery, walked a few miles ....... last sunshine for 3 days I think  :(

Zipper Extreme with some nice sceneery, next 2 photos

this one was a tease - the whole western edge of a rain storm left the sky all rainbowed ...... I took a lot of photos of this and really, only this one turned out well, and it doesn't show the whole sky of rainbow, only the one over the lake

this was taken on the last bad weather day - and it turned out well considering the wind/rain.

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #322 on: September 07, 2007, 07:40:00 PM »
Thanks for posting the photos Brad. I have to agree what everyone here has posted that we did have a great time and really got enjoy each others company. I have a video that if I ever get figured out how to post it on here it is of Bob Walker catching about a 2.5 lb. brook trout on a 4 weight fly rod. That in itself was enjoyable enough for me.

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #323 on: September 07, 2007, 07:52:00 PM »
Well guys we are back from our Great Adventure. Even though we saw no caribou we all to a man had a wonderful time. I could not have asked for a better group of men to ride up with or share camp with. To a man all were fun to be with and looked out for one another and shared knowledge and many stories and jokes. Lots of fun times. I would do it all again. I saw wolves, geese, ducks, a bear, and caught some fish and walked some of Gods most beautiful country. We saw bears and a lynx on the drive up.

The ride up was a hoot. At the border Mike "The Felon" Wheaterford shared a arrest story with the Canadian Customs agent that jolted Brad and I. We laughed about it the whole trip. I thought we were in jail or turned back for sure.LOL

After 2,356 miles from my house we finally arrived in Raddison and flew to camp the next day.

"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #324 on: September 07, 2007, 07:56:00 PM »
The next two days were spent glassing and searching for bou. Other sights were found.

"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #325 on: September 07, 2007, 08:02:00 PM »
Then  a spell of bad weather set in for 2 and a half days that we could really not even hunt in. 50 and 60 mile an hour winds and sideways rain. It was nasty.

Our meager camp house

Toilete, a two holer.LOL

Mealtime

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #326 on: September 07, 2007, 08:05:00 PM »
Finally able to get out again. More time spent afield glassing and enjoying God's creation.

Boats to transport us

A veiw back towards camp 7 miles away center of pic

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #327 on: September 07, 2007, 08:05:00 PM »
:bigsmyl:    :thumbsup:   Glad you guys made it back safely and had a great time. Nice Pics.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #328 on: September 07, 2007, 08:09:00 PM »
Some of the fish caught.

More "story" telling. LOL

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #329 on: September 07, 2007, 08:10:00 PM »
That picture of the 2 guys at the stove cooking sure brings back some memories of a great fish meal that we enjoyed. Fresh lake trout, man were they ever good.
Oh yea Mike , I have an extra sticker if you need it. I have your address so I'll get it in the mail  :D

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #330 on: September 07, 2007, 08:14:00 PM »
Thanks Ron, I sure had a great time your buddy Bob. He and I are going to be busy for the next few weeks composing a dictionary of a new language that we were learning up there. It was rather "edumacationating" for the both of us.

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #331 on: September 07, 2007, 09:47:00 PM »
Boy, I can tell my mouth was open way to much on this trip.I wish everyone could have seen the look on Brad and Don's face when an old high school skeleton came out of the closet upon questioning at the border. I made some friends that will be a part of many memories to come.Don, I'm glad you made it back ok brother.   ;)
Your best shot is only as good as your next one!

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #332 on: September 07, 2007, 09:52:00 PM »
Ahhhhh   come on Mike, don't be hard on yourself. You were a big highlight of the trip and I really enjoyed your company. I'll for sure share another camp with you in the future. You can bet 10 to 1 odds on that.
I hope you are feeling better.

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #333 on: September 07, 2007, 10:42:00 PM »
T.K I mean C.J I will second the fact there will be more hunts and shared camps.While were on that subject,I did not get a chance to mention,There was no one at this camp that isn't welcome in my camp anytime.I felt like we had a great repensentation of the traditional hunter at this hunt .It was clear that everyone was here for the hunt and fellowship more so than the kill.What an experience!  :campfire:

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #334 on: September 07, 2007, 10:46:00 PM »
Amen, Mike I would gladly share a camp with anyone that was there again and that goes double for you brother.

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #335 on: September 08, 2007, 05:38:00 PM »
I just checked Bearman's post on bowsite and all camps above Kat are tagged out and Kat has started seeing a few caribou today. Man we were just a week off. Dad gumit.

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #336 on: September 08, 2007, 06:00:00 PM »
Reckon that is why it's called huntin and not killin. Oh well a good time was had by all and I enjoyed sharing this time with everyone.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #337 on: September 09, 2007, 10:20:00 AM »
well, finally got a chance to breathe. Going to upload some photos and give you a taste of where we went-sights, smells, sounds, etc.

We drove up the James Bay Road to Radisson, Quebec...681 miles...one place to get gas on the whole length of it..this is a set of falls on a river called Le Grand Riviere...and they told us the flow was only about 1/5th of what it used to be, due to the large dam being built in Radisson on the upper end of the river.

“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #338 on: September 09, 2007, 10:24:00 AM »
We didn't get that Ray,Might try again.Glad you made it back ok  :D

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #339 on: September 09, 2007, 10:25:00 AM »
We had to ride a twin otter with all our gear and food for 6 days of hunting around 1 1/2 hours with a stop in Umiujaq for fuel and to get our tags..these are some of the sights along the way.

“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©