3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Caribou "D" Day we are off with pics YEEEEHAW  (Read 5784 times)

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Caribou "D" Day we are off with pics YEEEEHAW
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2007, 06:56:00 PM »
Enjoy! Good luck and good hunting! Pictures would be nice!

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2007, 07:21:00 PM »
Good Luck Donald  :wavey:
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2007, 07:32:00 PM »
I think we are crossing at Detroit on the Ambassador Bridge and going north from there, Nakohe. Is that the route you are speaking of?
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2007, 10:53:00 PM »
Nakohe, we are planning on gathering in Detroit to watch a Tigers baseball game, nooooot. Bob Walker is going to join up with us in Detroit and we will go north from there. Mike,, please dont plan on cooking.. With peanut butter cheese and mayo sammich I'll pay you to STAY OUT of the kitchen   :help:  I will be contacting the other 3 folks from Missouri and will send out an email later this week with all the details as far as the food goes.

Bigriver and Fletcher, thanks for the advice.

Not long now gents and Lord willin we'll be filling our tags. Two last items I still need to get. A good pair of boots and a set of quality Binos.

Online BlkDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2007, 12:24:00 AM »
Best of luck guys!  I wish I could have made this trip.  If there are plans for a repeat next year, keep us posted.

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2007, 01:00:00 AM »
good luck you guys.  :thumbsup:  and have a safe trip there and back
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2007, 02:53:00 AM »
Ray,

On the map we will be coming into Michigan on I 75 to I 94 up to Port Huron and crossing on Canada 402 across to where it comes into Canada 401 across to Toronto to Canada 400 north to where Canada 11 splits off and north on Canada 11 to 66 then east to 109. And north into Raddison.
Is that right? I will talk to C J this week and see if we can meet up in Detroit so I do not get lost. LOL

Donald
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2007, 10:35:00 AM »
C J

I second that on paying Mike to stay out of kitchen. Those sandwhiches sound awful.  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:  

I hope we can meet up with ya'll in Detroit somewhere so we do not get lost.

Donald
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2007, 10:38:00 AM »
Donald I am going to try to talk to the guys from Missouri tonight. I will call you tomorrow.

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2007, 10:23:00 PM »
Looks like I may try for a bear also if I can swing it out of the same camp. Tags are reasonable. That woudl be neat a bou and a bear called Boo Boo.  :bigsmyl:    :biglaugh:

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2007, 10:49:00 PM »
Talked to one of the other three gentlemen from Missouri that we will be sharing a camp with. Super nice easy going gents.  Sounds like we are going to have a wonderful time. They are really looking forward to sharing this camp with us.

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2007, 10:57:00 PM »
Forgot to mention that I talked with Bob Walker yesterday and he and Bobby are home from their road trip. Form what he said they had a good time and he is ready to get after the caribou.
He also purchased a bear tag for this hunt as well. Man with Bob and Donald looks like the bear wont have a chance. Dadgum, I might as well get one myself. WOW, 19 days left before we leave!

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2007, 06:50:00 AM »
Wow, three of us going after bear too. That is great. I can not wait to meet all theese great people.

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2007, 07:50:00 AM »
Guys,

Looks like you have a heck of a drive. I might suggest you meet at Cabelas in Dundee Michigan. It is just south of Detroit. From there you go north on 23 to 94 which takes you all the way to Port Huron and turns into 403 in Ontario. From there you are 45 minutes till 403 turns into 401 and then 2 1/2 hrs on 401 towards Toronto. Just west of toronto I would recommend you get onto the 407 Toronto bypass (toll road - camera no booths, my understanding non res free) take the 407 for 1/2 hour and get off on 400 north exit. This 407 route could save you and hour or two if you get tied up in Toronto traffic. Don has it right, Port Huron best place to cross, better than Detroit. I live in London 45 mins into Ontario on 403. From San Antonio to my place 32 hrs straight driving. I do it every year for the Texas Sweat hunt. Any questions on Ontario route just shout.
hunt it

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2007, 09:15:00 AM »
They're picking me and another guy up at Detroit Wayne Airport, Hunt It. The meeting up at Cabelas is a good idea...I'm just wondering if after they pick us up, should we do as you suggest, or cross the Ambassador Bridge?
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2007, 12:33:00 PM »
Ray,

Wayne Airport is right at I 94 so up 94 to Port Huron looks the best to me. There is a Walmart at Exit 231 on I-94 in Roseville just north of where I-696 merges with I-94 That we could all meet up at before we get to Port Huron. How does that sound to everyone?

Donald

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2007, 01:09:00 PM »
Hunt it, why dont you meet up with us for a cup of coffee that way we can meet and get any info from you that we may need.

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2007, 01:17:00 PM »
Nawww CJ, he don't do coffee....just "full throttle", a case at a time!   :readit:
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline jake jr. trickshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2007, 02:09:00 PM »
no fair!!!!!goodluck on your hunt.sounds like youlle be driven through my part of the wood.bring home alot of pics.
    jake
A tradition that never dies
   >>>----------->

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2007, 02:25:00 PM »
C.J. That ole trick works every time  :D  I'm a pretty good hand in the kitchen and already scheming on a grand meal.I just purchased a set of danner prong horn boots on several recomendations and I think I am really going to like um.
Your best shot is only as good as your next one!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©