3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Caribou "D" Day we are off with pics YEEEEHAW  (Read 5796 times)

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Caribou "D" Day we are off with pics YEEEEHAW
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2007, 02:58:00 PM »
:bigsmyl:

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2007, 11:09:00 PM »
I wonder if there are any color phase bears up there. I would love to get a chocalate or cinnamon. That woudl be neat. 17 days till I head north. I am really getting excited. All I have ever hunted is deer and hogs here in Texas and deer in Michigan and Maine many many years ago. And deer in New Mexico again many years ago and not successful on any. All I saw in Maine were Moose and that was long before they allowed hunts for them. Got a shot at a six point in Michigan and missed and never saw a buck in New Mexico only does and back then not allowed to shoot them.

To get a chance to hunt theese quality animals was always out of reach for me until now and I thank God for this opprotunity and also thank a very understanding wife. She is truly a gem to put up with my bow addiction and hunting.

And again I thank my brother Danny for influencing me to get back into trad archery. He urged me until he gave me a bow and the rest is history. This lifestyle is so good and true. The people are the best in the world and I hope to meet so many of you at sometime. Especially Vermonster, Frank and Shell, Terry, Littlefeather, and many others I have conversed with on this site. This trip allows me to meet some and I hope future trips will occur. Anyway, enough rambling.LOL

Donald
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2007, 11:46:00 PM »
you better get some sleep, Donald...you gotta drive all that way, and then cook meals, wash all our clothes, clean the tents, and if there's time left, you even get to hunt some.

CJ didn't tell you that onyour first trip you haveto make sure all theold hands have a good time BEFORE you get to haveone???

he he....just kidding, bud. I'm looking forward to meeting and hunting with you.

I donotthinkthere are color phase bears up there at treeline like there are in Alberta or Saskatchewan...I mean a color phase could always show up...but the percentages are likely to be small in comparison to black, black bears.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2007, 09:10:00 AM »
Man you guy's were up late. Donald, get some rest buddy. By the way, I have talked my darling wife into letting me take her digital video camera. My hopes are to get your hunt on video and it can be a hunt that you can always watch and remember.

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2007, 10:52:00 AM »
WOW, hunting on video, maybe my two seconds of fame. That will be great C. J. My job keeps me up late the two weeks I am here. I rest when I get home. I will have a week to catch up before I leave for the north country.
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2007, 11:18:00 AM »
I'm glad I'm riding with Don.As wound up as he is He'll probably drive all the way up.I may even put fuel in the back of the truck and let Brad keep him in fuel.We may not even stop.Don't forget to slow in arkansas Don I want on.  :bigsmyl:
Your best shot is only as good as your next one!

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »
ROTFLMAO TILL I HURT.  You are killing me Mike. I'll come by at about 4 mph. Think you can jump on?  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :jumper:

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2007, 05:48:00 PM »
17 days and counting YEEEHAW. Canada won't know what hit her!!!!

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2007, 06:14:00 PM »
Oh man,,Mike get all the sleep you can because I got a feeling after Donald gets his 2 caribou he is going to drop off of this high and crash. You'll be driving back. This is going to be one GREAT time.

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2007, 07:37:00 PM »
Ok Bubba, ya need to cool down. I hope you are getting some walking in cause you are gonna be doing a bunch of that up there and we do not need you having an anurism. Hey if ya got any of that bison burger left from my hunt last year, take some up for the guys to enjoy. Keep the Ford under the radar, I can see it now,man stopped for speeding and investigated for being on a permanent HIGH. ROTFLOL.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2007, 09:15:00 PM »
Hey Bro, that is an idea. What do you think C.J. should I bring some bison burger? It would work good with spagetti and hamburger helper? Very tasty stuff.

I been looking at the caribou satelite maps and we might luck out and be right in the middle of the migration while we are there.

Is everyone having as much fun as me? I am one excited puppy. Brad and Mike ya'll better be ready, cause I do not know if I can keep the Ford reigned in for long. Whoa Nelly!!!!!  :bigsmyl:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2007, 09:34:00 PM »
HAMBURGER HELPER??? Are you out of your mind, you ruin that great meat in that crap? Make some burgers out of it man or some meat loaf,chili even, but not that yucky stuff. I can see right now I am gonna have to confiscate any that is remaining when I get to Dallas.LOL

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2007, 10:58:00 PM »
I was just informed that we probably cannot take buffalo meat into Canada. CWD and Mad Cow to blame. So the bison burger is out. I do not need any hang ups at the border. Sorry guys. We will have lots of bou meat, fish and maybe bear to feast on.

And Bro, if there is any left when you get here it will not be for lack of trying to finish it off.LOL Hamburgers on the grill everytime I am home. Makes great chili also.   ;)    ;)

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2007, 11:18:00 PM »
Talk to your guide before dropping the cash on a bear tag.  Eight of us hunted the east end of Lac Minto and nobody saw any bears or sign.  Bear sign would have to be VERY obvious for me to recognize it, tho.  Lots of caribou, tho.  Good lake trout in the lake, too.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2007, 02:42:00 PM »
More pics to feed the fire. Can ya'll say OOOOOOOEEEEE. Man I am getting more pumped every day. Lets leave NOW!!!! Darn I am still at work for 9 days.  :(    :(  

Are you drooling yet????

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2007, 02:44:00 PM »
Dang I wish I was going on this one!
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2007, 02:51:00 PM »
I wish you were too Dave.

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2007, 03:13:00 PM »
If I wasn't already going somewhere else, I'd come along just to cook and fish.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline northern trapper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2007, 04:45:00 PM »
I have hunted up past Radisson and had a blast . When you drive through North Bay Ontario honk your horn and the very best of luck

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2007, 09:04:00 PM »
Will do Trapper, thanks.

Guys I can't wait. Come on lets parte' !!!! I am ready. Consistant 2" groups at 20 yrds. Hold on there he is!!!! 10 yrds, full draw concentrate, let fly. Smoked Him!!! What? Ok I am awake. Sorry must have been a dream. One that will come true.  :bigsmyl:    :thumbsup:    :biglaugh:

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©