3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Caribou "D" Day we are off with pics YEEEEHAW  (Read 5795 times)

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Caribou "D" Day we are off with pics YEEEEHAW
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2007, 09:35:00 PM »
Donald, Donald, Donald,,,,, breathe take a nice sloooow deep breath.
I have a feeling those will be either Ray or my words that we whisper to you as that massive racked bull goes loaping by.
Then we'll pat you on the back and you will realize that its not a dream.
We have got make sure we get good footage of you.

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2007, 11:19:00 PM »
Bubba, chill dude! You will do fine, I have seen you shoot and that Blacktail must be working fine for you. Make sure your broadheads are scary sharp and you will smoke one,just remember "PICK A SPOT" don't shoot at the whole animal and if he is walking just follow through with the shot.

Yall take care of my twin now, don't make me come looking for ya,LOL. Have a blast

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2007, 11:31:00 PM »
At this rate I think Donny is going to fly there Danny. No plane needed.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2007, 12:12:00 AM »
Ya got that right David!ROTFLOL

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2007, 06:47:00 AM »
I'm gonna put wings on the Ford.  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :jumper:
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline MountainTool21

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2007, 05:46:00 PM »
Good on ya Donald! What outfitter are you hunting with? I leave next weekend for my caribou hunt. What is the make of your bow and arrow? I'm taking both Carbon and Cedar. Good luck!

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2007, 07:01:00 PM »
We are hunting with Tuttulik Outfitters. I am hunting with a Blacktail Elite VL Special Edition. 62" amo 49# @ 28". Forgewood arrows with Tree sharks on them spined 60-65. Taking my Morrison Shawnee W/ Dakota limbs as back up.

Those Tree Sharks are some scary looking heads and are scary sharp.  :scared:    :scared:  

Are we thereyet?? Are we there Yet??  I wanna go play!!!!!
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2007, 05:59:00 AM »
Hee heee!!! Gotta love you Donald, I was exactly the same when I got the chance to hunt Texas earlier this year! I dodn't know which is more of a buzz, the hunt or the anticipation!

Hope you all have a great time up there in the frigid, frozen North. Wish I was going along with you (just to see Donald vibrating & bouncing all the way there!  :D  :D )
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2007, 09:55:00 AM »
Hey Guys,

Sorry I"ve been away for a few days. The Detroit airport is way north of Cabelas's so scrap that idea. From the airport Port Huron is a much better bet for crossing border. I don't know the airport area well enough to suggest where you guys should meet. HWY 94 turns into HWY 402 at the canadian border. From there you have one hour on HWY 402 before it turns into HWY 401 at London. I would be more than happy to meet you guys for coffee or lunch. In fact my place is only 5 minutes off of 402 and you are all welcome to drop in and I'll have lunch or dinner ready for you guys. Just let me know what works best for you guys.

Somewhere I read someone asked about colour phased bears in Quebec. I have never seen one or heard of any so it will be a real special one if you do see one.
hunt it

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2007, 01:19:00 PM »
Dave, I saw a chocolate one for about 30 seconds...but it got chased off by a bruiser. It could have been completely covered in mud, but I don't think so.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2007, 01:33:00 PM »
JC, we are going to be at treeline..800 miles further north than where you and I were in Quebec....think that makes a big difference..not a bear expert by any means.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »
Wonder how cold it will be?Don will never feel a tempature change the way his bloods pumpin but I wonder if the rest of us will need a heavy parka?
Your best shot is only as good as your next one!

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2007, 03:00:00 PM »
51 degrees farenheit right now..with 14-18 MPH winds. That's kind of typical of my experience in NWT...could be a little warmer...if we luck out and get bluebird weather we will really be doing something...my opinion, prepare for the worst- sideways rain, hail,sleet, and yes, even snow. then if that doesn't happen, you will still be fine.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2007, 06:30:00 PM »
I am taking my wools just in case. And rain gear. I am set boots to headgear. I am ready. Is it time to leave yet??? I wanna go now!!! I may leave real early the 27th. Brad and Mike ya'll better be packed and ready.  :bigsmyl:    :biglaugh:  

The Red Ford is already chompin at the bit. She wants to run. Ain't no holding her back when she gets like that. LOL

Hmmmm  two or three gas cans and Brad in the back. May not even have to stop much for gas. Whatcha think Mike.

51 degrees man won't that be great. 106 here today.

Bring on the chill!!!!!    I am sooooooo ready for this. LETS ROLL!!!!!!! YEEEHAW

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2007, 08:27:00 PM »
Gang, Ray and I talked briefly this afternoon and we are going to come up with a plan for the food this week. We figure since we are planning on meeting at Wal-mart we will do the shopping there. We will get an email out to you all once we come up with it.
It has been one hectic weekend and monday. I am like you Donald, sooooooooooo ready for this trip.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2007, 08:33:00 PM »
if we are going to take items like CampMor, the freeze dried or meal in a boil in bag type stuff, we cannot get that at WalMart.I suggest if we decide to do some of that- benefits? Light weight...meal in a pouch...so very little trash or garbage...full of calories...it tastes good, you can hunt all day, boil water and voila,meal is ready...might be mighty handy when guys are rode hard and put up wet from hunting all day...some bread, some freeze dried orpowdered eggs, some bacon, jams orjellies, spaghetti and sauce in a plastic jar...beef jerky and dried fruit to carry inyour pack during the day...allwe needto know is what we have to cook on...gas stove...firewood...and do we need to bringpots.

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2007, 08:52:00 PM »
Sounds good Ray. Where can we get it. We can be varried on this. Some of this and some of that. all easy to fix.

I think all the pots and pans a stuff are there. I do not know what type of cooking fuel.

Mike did you say you had a check list?

I agree on the shopping for the other stuff besides campmor, at Walmart where we meet up.

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2007, 09:58:00 PM »
I have a list that says camp will have a oil cook stove and utinsels.Pots pans silverwear etc.We just need to plan our snacks individually and organize some good evening meals.chilie,stew,biscuits and gravey tators in a box pasta,40lbs apeice is enough to have just about anything.Thats a lot of food.Don I hope tou have exra bow strings and limbs.They tend to buckle when you pull them past your ears,and we'll I know how pump you are  :bigsmyl:
Your best shot is only as good as your next one!

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2007, 10:06:00 PM »
www.campmor.com  is where you can purchase the backpack meal items. There are several varieties and my backcountry hunt guru tells me NOT to use Mountain House as its full of preservatives...there are a couple other brands that are better.Backpackers Pantry were the ones he felt were much tastier. and very filling.

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2007, 10:50:00 PM »
Ray, I'll call you tomorrow and we'll get this soldified.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©