3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ground Blind Camo  (Read 134 times)

Offline bolo7735

• Trad Bowhunter
Ground Blind Camo
« on: January 12, 2012, 07:22:00 PM »
I purchased a Hidden Hunter Blind in the Digital All Terrain cover. When I used the blind and brushed it in the blind color still stood out. I hunt in Florida in evergreens and brown vegetation. This is where I need your opinion. Should I sell the blind and get the correct Camo finished for my area or it doesn't matter. Am I worrying too much about it?

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ground Blind Camo
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 07:27:00 PM »
What are you hunting and are you going to set it up for each hunt?
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline bolo7735

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 07:41:00 PM »
Hunting deer and yes, I will set the blind up each time for the duration of my hunt. I live in South Florida so I can't leave my blind or it will get stolen.

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 07:44:00 PM »
For deer I either like it to be there awhile or blend in perfectly. I have found a leafy suit to suit my needs much better than a blind.

Rob
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline bolo7735

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 05:18:00 AM »
Anyone else can give there input?

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 07:07:00 AM »
Take some black and white pictures then see how it looks. I think your over thinking the camo thing, Turkeys cold care less as long as it's some kind of camo and deer are color blind.

Post some picks here would also help!

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline bolo7735

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 07:15:00 AM »
Unfortunately I did not take any pictures of the blind in the field. I will definetly take a photo next time and do the black and white photo to see the different shades.

Do you guys need to brush the blind heavily? The reason why I ask was last hunt there were deer constant at the food plot. After the third day seeming deer I decide moving the blind in the brush and brush it in. For 3 days straight the deer no longer appear. Like they were completely spook. I just want to figure out what I did wrong. That is why I was wondering if it was the Camo on my blind.

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 08:52:00 AM »
Deer notice large changes and change is something that spooks them so it has nothing to do with the camo color.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 09:08:00 AM »
What night wing said. I wouldn't worry about it. If you've seen some of the blinds used in Texas, you'd think yours was in stealth mode. Put it up and let them get used to it.
Got wood? - Tom

Offline Altiman94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 10:05:00 AM »
Agree with night wing...if you do a good job brushing it in and not changing the surrounding area...you should be fine.  Like said, turkeys don't notice them at all.  But, deer notice changes on the area so that's why they are harder to hunt from a pop up type blind.
>>>--------->

Offline stabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 09:24:00 PM »
Have you heard of the 50 100 yard rule? If the deer can see the blind at a 100 yards you don't need to brush it in  if they round the bend and see the blind it will spook them .
The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you come home.

Offline stabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 09:25:00 PM »
Have you heard of the 50 100 yard rule? If the deer can see the blind at a 100 yards you don't need to brush it in  if they round the bend and see the blind it will spook them .
The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you come home.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©