3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: TradGang T-shirt Pass around for 2012 St Jude Auction!! on bid FORUM #5  (Read 2299 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: TradGang T-shirt Pass around for 2012 St Jude Auction!! on bid FORUM #5
« Reply #140 on: April 21, 2012, 09:22:00 AM »
Careful, Sweet Thang...

Us old people don't get even...weze get ahead...then wheeze!    :knothead:      :laughing:      :nono:

Just figured, Killy, Since you're the Starlette of Trad Gang, everyone knows you, so at B'mo they can use you to find the shirt!  :)
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #141 on: April 21, 2012, 09:30:00 AM »
Killy we need you, your famous!!! and you make a good locator beacon for Dock.

Dock I think a nice bottle of brandy and a campfire of friends may make her remember you.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2012, 09:43:00 AM »
Nice touch!
But the brandy is to FORGET!   :laughing:

This is my camp. I will be out shooting. Knock on the wall of the hardside Apache camper which will be afflicting the immediate area. An old guy in there will hobble out with the shirt.

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2012, 03:38:00 PM »
Yeah, Tim...and her drink of choice is/was Woodford Reserve bourbon... but that's now in a class of hooch beyond my simple means...   :)  

I'll leave the shirt with Spirit- The wonder Dog, cause I intend to shoot, too, till I'm outa arrows and that might be quick way I"m shooting!   :(

Course, I didn't get this profile by not eating so I'll be around the grill at some point for sure!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #144 on: April 26, 2012, 08:57:00 AM »
Just a reminder the shirt will be at Whittingham this weekend for those who want to sign it.Tim
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #145 on: April 26, 2012, 02:03:00 PM »
Yes it will be, Lord willin and the cricks don't rise too far!

I have the shirt in the truck and gear packed...waiting for the wet to stop falling up there to arrive and set camp.

Look for the white(ish) Apache hard-side pop up camper, Green F150 w/ green peeling paint cap and a silver fly set up (if it doesn't blow away)...

...or inquire at KME booth...they'll know where I am!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Got a bunch of signatures from Gang members at Whittingham.

NOTE:  There are NO donation required to sign the t-shirt.

WE're just trying to make it a "keepsake" of current trad gang members' signatures that someone will treasuer enough to bid high on St. Judes Auction.

There has already been a significant investment by participants who mailed it endlessly around the country since early in 2012

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline PowDuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Where's the shirt going next? Or is it on hold now since the auction is so close?

Never mind. Didn't read back far enough. Understandable decision. Just my normal luck. A day late and a dollar short.
Romans 8:28

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Bruce,

Please don't feel slighted.  There were people signing up for WEEKS after the shirt was wandering from TX to Maine, back to CO, to MS, etc.

Tim had to make a tough call and once he said to hold it when it got here, I offered to physically carry it to 2 regional shoots!

If it does well on the auction and another such venture ensues next year,I think Tim is considering an early sign up period, then put the names in some sort of spread sheet(?) and sort by zip so it travels more efficiently and hits more folks and less time juggernauting back and forth across the USA.

Once the sign up period is closed... it rolls and maybe get around folks more quickly.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline PowDuck

• Trad Bowhunter
No problem, Dave. I totally understand. The logistics lots of times are hard to navigate. I'm just proud to be a part of this here family.  :)
Romans 8:28

Offline Dave Worden

• Trad Bowhunter
Just a thought guys.  If you want to do this again next year rather than mail it to people for one-at-a-time signatures, figure out a list of shoots and shows that it can be taken to and find someone to take it to a shoot, get sigs, then mail it to the guy who'll take it to the next shoot or show.  I'll volunteer to take it to the GLLI (Great Lakes Longbow Invitational) either this August (if you want to get a jump on next year) or next August.  Wow, I just had another thought...perhaps we could a vendor or two to have it in their booth at a show or two.  That way, there'd always be someone there to "manage" it and Doc and Killie could shoot more!
"If I was afraid of a challenge, I'd put sights on my bow!"

Offline tishtail

• Trad Bowhunter
If time allows i'd be happy to partisapate thanks

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Another thought....

Pony Express it.

Shooter to shooter, face to face.

Would need to be planned well in advance with a cutoff date before first mailing or transfer. A zip code sorted spreadsheet sent with the shirt with phone numbers and street addresses so each participant can get it to the next nearest person. Either by mail or by arranging a meetng.

Maybe two shirts? East Coast and West Coast? Competition to see which one raises more $  :)  ?

No time like the present to think it out....

Love this idea and hope this T-shirt raises large funds for St. Jude's.

Thanks for thinking of this lpcjon2!!
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
Bud, I love the East coast vs West coast idea.Now the wheels are turning.

Maybe I can get a pair of inexpensive back quivers(Hill Style for the amount of writing space) and do the East West showdown.Tim
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
When the time comes, PM me.... :)
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
Will do thanks
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Lots of good ideas... only trouble with GLLI is being August, the next year's shirt design won't be out yet and the following year, it will have missed the auction...

For now, might I remind my east coast folks that there will be one last signing flurry at the BBTC shoot in B'more May 17, 18, 19, 20.  Those are the dates I should be there...

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
David, Thanks again for taking it to Whittingham and the BBTC.Tim

And you can guarantee next year will be an East Coast VS West Coast signature battle. The ? is what will be signed.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Good point, Tim.

Years back, I carried a "bracer" to B'mo and guys signed that for a "cause"!

Guess it could be most anything that is big enough to hold sufficient signatures to raise a bundle...  :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Just an FYI:

Anyone on Gang wishing to sign the T-shirt for the St. Jude's Auction can still do so at the Baltimore BBTC trad classic May 17-20th.

White-ish hard side pop up camper, old green F150 and a big silver fly over my cook area!

Ask around...folks will tell you where I am and we'll "git er done".

Thanks!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©