3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Winding Down  (Read 155 times)

Offline kykiller

• Trad Bowhunter
Winding Down
« on: January 13, 2012, 10:00:00 PM »
Our deer & turkey archery season ends on Monday but tomorrow is the last day I can go.  After filling my last deer tag last Friday I headed to my blind this morning positioned in a powerline where my Dad had been seeing birds.  I put a trail camera out on fence post the birds where staying tight to when they crossed, but didn't get a chance to check it this week.  I arrived in the blind early this morning and sat till 11:00.  We had our first snow last night and it was COOOOOOLD!!!  I never saw any birds but after arrive home it appears between 3 and 4 in the afternoon are the majic times.  I'm going to try again tomorrow and considering an all day sit since its the last day.  Wish me luck, I'd love to put another notch on the Tall Tines.  I'll take a few pics tomorrow as well.
Do or do not.  There is no try.

Offline wildgame

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Winding Down
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »
Good luck!!
"go afield with good attitude,and with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and the forest and fields in which you walk" -Fred Bear

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 10:03:00 PM »
I wish good luck to you for sure , hope to see pics !   :thumbsup:      :thumbsup:      :thumbsup:
David M. Conroy

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 10:39:00 PM »
Good luck, Ky.  Sunday is our last day here in Illinois. I still have my turkey tag, too.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline David Yukon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 10:40:00 PM »
Good luck, have fun, stay warm, and take pictures!!
Enjoy!

Online Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 05:57:00 AM »
Sunday does it in Okla
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 09:05:00 AM »
If it was me and it was the last day of turkey hunting, if it wasn't too cold, I'd sit from daylight to dark.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline kykiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 07:04:00 PM »
Well today was fun but it didn't work out like I wanted it to.  First off I woke up late (problem I have when my deer tags are full) which wasn't a big deal since my camera showed most activity mid day to the afternoon.  Then when I reached my popup blind at 8:00 I realized while I was messing with my camera last night I left it on and the batteries where dead.  Around 9:30 a squirrel bounced out of the woods in the powerline about 7 yards away and I thought I'd like to shoot at him but I rushed off this morning and forgot my judo point arrows.  I had 3 broadheads in my quiver and thought 1 won't hurt.  I focused came to full draw and released, the shot went right over him but it didn't sound right.  I looked up and realized I had hit the top of my blind with my upper limb on the shot and tore a hole in it.  Then I went to retrieve my arrow and couldn't find it.  White feathers in snow are hard to find.  I'll have to borrow a metal detector from a buddy next week.  Around 2 the birds finally came by, but from the opposite direction I thought they would.  I ended up trying a long hail mary on the last day and came up empty and lost another arrow, really need that metal detector now. LOL!  It was a fun day and only a hero shot at the end would have made it better.  Now the post season work begins.  Mineral licks, clearing some new stand locations, taking down stands, and brushing in fixed turkey blinds for the spring, and getting ready for crappie.  I'll also run my beagles some in the next couple of weeks.  I'm kinda glad its over but in a month or two I'll be anticipating September like a kid on Christmas Eve.
Do or do not.  There is no try.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©