3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Asbell Silent Stalker Green  (Read 437 times)

Re: Asbell Silent Stalker Green
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 05:11:00 AM »
Originally posted by Duncan:
 What sort of sacrelige would I be committing if I had a zipper installed, like a hoodie?
I was thinking the same thing.....perhaps Theresa would do that but it would be a lot more labor intensive.  Worth the money tho..

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2012, 05:31:00 AM »
William,
   I don't thin the 28 oz. will be too heavy from Late Nov. till up to end of your season cause your temps are just a slight few degrees from here in Md. aren't they? Mrs. Asbell does make a 24 oz. and I think Lee Hoots has one and lives n N.C. also...I can contact him or you can and ask him the weight of his....Also that pic of Mikes looks like the evening stand green to me cause I have the silent stalker and the evening stand and his patern looks like the evening stand green to me....I wore mine yesterday and it blends well with just about anythingin the woods...I was nesttled under a holly tree and I was blended in well with nthat pattern...Oh and temps were 17 first light and I was loving th warmth my Pullover gave me...

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 05:35:00 AM »
maineac - You have my look in a pic. The one I'm thinking about anyway. Evening stand green/green pants. I like the 28oz.
Those are my kind of woods, too. Time for a phone call...
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Offline tzolk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 08:01:00 AM »
Thanks to Roger and Steve here answering my inquiry to Silent Stalker green. I placed an order with Teresa for this pattern. I ordered the Mackinaw pullover and asked her to keep the hood on the pullover and not the removable part and she was ok with that. I would like one in Evening Stand Brown but don't know if she has that plaid anymore. If any one of you gents talk to her, could you ask? Good stuff!
64" Toelke SSLR
64” Toelke Whip SL
Great Northern Quivers only!

All the best!
Todd Z

Offline tzolk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2012, 02:32:00 PM »
Spoke with Teresa today and ordered a pullover in Evening Stand Brown. Can't wait! I will post pics when they arrive
64" Toelke SSLR
64” Toelke Whip SL

All the best!
Todd Z

Offline Chromebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2012, 02:44:00 PM »
Not much for deciduous hardwoods this far north.  Evening stand green is a killer traditional camo IMO.  Has an almost linear 3 dimensional appearance.   ~CB
62" JD Berry Taipan 53@28
60" Super Shrew 2pc 53@28
58" Ed Scott Owl Bow 53@28

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2012, 06:10:00 PM »
Sorry, I meant to mention that it was evening stand brown.  Either the brown or green are great patterns.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline Wampus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2012, 06:17:00 PM »
Originally posted by Tajue17:
does anyone find them too baggy up in the higher section of the arms, do any of you have times when the string hits the fabric between your shoulder and elbow?
Yes, and I think they run a little larger than standard sizes, at least the one I got does.  I wear XL in everything else, but probably would have been better off with a L in these.  Still works though, I wear an arm guard that comes up past my elbow anyway.

Offline Chromebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2012, 06:29:00 PM »
Tajue17,

I have both the vest and the fully armed garment and yes I did find the full garment was too generous for my liking.  I wear size large in most all my clothing, but the vest pictured is a medium over a large L.L. Bean fleece shirt.

~CB
62" JD Berry Taipan 53@28
60" Super Shrew 2pc 53@28
58" Ed Scott Owl Bow 53@28

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2012, 05:44:00 AM »
I can tell you this much If it doen't fit you right and you have some sort of problem I bet without a shadow of doubt that Mrs.Asbell will do all in her power to make it right and go far beyond customer sevice...Call her and ask what part you are concernd about rather it be the chest,arm or length and give her some time to make it and I bet you will never want to take it off...Except to bathe  once a week!  Now if you find that you need a bigger hood then I'd hate to ever see the head it will cover...    :goldtooth:

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2012, 07:46:00 AM »
I find the sizing just right for a hunting garment. We are all shaped a little different, and we all shoot a little different, but my Asbell Pullovers and vests fit me perfectly for thier intended purpose. I don't wear an armguard when hunting (usually) but instead wrap parachute cord or a leather thong around my bow arm. I do that because it is infinitley (sp) adjustable, and I never know what I am layering.

Mine ARE full in the shoulders, but I like that. They never bind, no matter what position I am contorting into.

I am about 5' 10" 220 pounds, and an XL fits nicely. The sleeves are about an inch long on me if it were a casual garment, but I leave them long for thier purpose, keeping me warm while hunting.

I wear mine often just around town.....but they aren't meant as casual clothing, they are hunting gear. Teresa has nailed the sizing, IMHO.
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline Duncan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2012, 11:02:00 PM »
Well lo and behold, I see in the add section up top some pullovers with zippers in the rotating slideshow of new products!
That does it, now I've got to get one.
Member NCBA

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2012, 06:32:00 AM »
I need one to wear while shooting my green Stalker recurve! It's silent too!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2012, 08:33:00 AM »
Asbell Wool with a zipper is a game changer.....trust me on this! These just became THE FINEST bowhunting garment available!!

G. Fred Asbell

Offline jbat73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2012, 01:13:00 PM »
SSSSWWWEEEEEEEEEEEETTT!!!! Will be ordering mine very soon, happy about the zipper style now.
White Mountain Traditional Bowhunters

Granite State Bowhunters

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2012, 01:55:00 PM »
Im planing on being at Kazoo when the doors open Fri. night to get my hands on one of those Jackets!!!!!!  :thumbsup:
The Lord Is My Provider......

Offline tzolk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2012, 04:23:00 PM »
I ordered a couple over a week ago, I bet she is very busy, can't wait to get em! If you want a zipper, you could probably go to any tailor. Easy surgery for them.
64" Toelke SSLR
64” Toelke Whip SL

All the best!
Todd Z

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2012, 05:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by tzolk:
I ordered a couple over a week ago, I bet she is very busy, can't wait to get em! If you want a zipper, you could probably go to any tailor. Easy surgery for them.
Be careful with that....adding a zipper afterwards will cost you a few inches around the middle.

G. Fred Asbell

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2012, 06:01:00 PM »
I had a tailor placing a zipper on my pullover,never considered it very pratical,now it is all another story!
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2012, 06:12:00 PM »
Back to the question about baggie arm issues (though the zipper announcement is huge).  I actually do not use my arm guard with the pullover.  I find it to be appropriately tight so that I do not need the guard.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©