3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 1st Hunting Trip need suggestions  (Read 209 times)

Offline Jayb

• Trad Bowhunter
1st Hunting Trip need suggestions
« on: January 14, 2012, 06:36:00 PM »
OK so last nite the wifey said we can book my 1st hunting trip (outfitter) but she wants the lodge to have a nice spa and scenery.  Looking for reccomendations and or links to outfitters that have nice spas..etc for the wife to relax when I'm hunting.  I've never did a guided hunt so not pickey on animal..Elk, Muley, Whitetail..etc.  

I'm thinking deer will probably be the best since short ride to the stand since elk will be more drop camps..etc.
I want the info to start following so I can keep my wife interested and strike when I iron is hot. Of course perferabbly an outfitter who's used to archery (Trad)clients would help.
Thanks!
Jay
Black Widow PSA II #52 @ 26"

Offline Uncle Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 1st Hunting Trip need suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 06:43:00 PM »
you might want to think about Africa. Never been myself but have seen pictures of hunting lodges there with first class accomadations. If you dont hunt the big 5 I hear prices are quite reasonable

may God Bless
Buck

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 06:49:00 PM »
Good luck my friend, you are not booking a hunting trip for you, you are booking a relaxing vaca for your wife. The two dont necessarily go hand in hand.  
Bass Pro, Cabela's are two good starting points. You can't do both. Take care of her interests first and take what you can get after that. PERIOD. There is not really a "spa" vaca unless its maybe a canned hunt. Hunting is hard, its not a relaxing vacation.  Hogs maybe, whitetails in Texas, Africa. Pricey no matter what.
David M. Conroy

Offline Jayb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 07:55:00 PM »
Yornoc your right!! I'm happy w/ a tent and hiking miles. It's not going to be wife approved  :)  I do have the Cabelas list I thought might be a good start and of course $ is an issue-can't afford tons for the best of both worlds.  
I've seen exactly what I'm thinking off on tv in Africa but again $ and my 1st trip
Black Widow PSA II #52 @ 26"

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 11:07:00 PM »
I'd check with the guys at Bowhunting Safari Consultants.  I would think they would be able to recommend exactly what you're looking for.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 07:55:00 AM »
I've heard some good things about them....
David M. Conroy

Offline adamgti

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 11:06:00 AM »
What about traveling somewhere nice, Alberta and the banff Canmore area, and placing here in a spa while you meet up with your guide and chase animals. End of the day you should have 4 hours to spend with her and then you can do it all over again.

Just my two cents..
This got me thinking, why isn't this option offered more? I mean spouse accommodation is a huge barrier for these "husband" trips. Anyways I'm not married and I'm only 25 so what do I really know about the subject.

Happy hunting in both regards,
Adam
Quartermoon 62" r/d longbow 53# @ 29"

Offline habujohn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 11:31:00 AM »
I have taken my wife on one trip to Africa and think that was about the only thing I could find for the spa treatment.  This spring though we are doing a trip to Alberta for spring bear.  It will be more rustic though for her as we are doing tenting.  Bear hunting will allow me to spend each day with her before heading to the stand for the afternoon.
habujohn

Offline killinstuff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 01:36:00 PM »
Truth is, neither of you will have a wonderful time if you both have to compromise.  The two of you should go on vacation together as a couple and enjoy the moment without bows and arrows.

Your first hunting trip should be with friends and or family and she should be ok with that.  Otherwise it's going to be a long regretful life brother.  .
lll

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 02:14:00 PM »
I just booked 2 weeks on Kauai, Hawaii for my family and I.  I get 3-4 days to do a DIY goat/pig hunt and then we get the rest of the time to deep sea fish and whatever her and the boys (7&8 when we go) want to do.  

I think you just found out how to compromise and both of you will be extremely happy with the results.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 08:02:00 PM »
My girlfriend at the time went on a hog hunting trip to  www.osceolaoutfitters.com  in central florida with me and my friends. You could hunt hogs all day and your wife could take the 1 hour drive up to disney or the 1/2 hour drive to melbourne beach. My wife wanted to see what bowhunting was all about since her best friends husband was a gun hunter who went hunting with the boys to go drinking and partying. She got to see what real hunting is all about. She ended up marrying me but one hunting trip was enough for her but I go back ever year with my buddies.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©