3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: JD Berry Vixen American Longbow  (Read 378 times)

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: JD Berry Vixen American Longbow
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 10:03:00 PM »
Holy cow!!! Great seein' you here James!!!
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline MercilessMing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 11:11:00 PM »
Hi James,

Nice to see you here!

Offline stickgunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 02:16:00 AM »
I am gonna brag about James Berry to you guys if thats okay. I was given the opportunity to build a bow with James for my up and coming Cape buff hunt this June. So I took full advantage of James offer. The bow turned out just beautiful. I will post pics later this week.It's a Vixen 68" #78@28". I can't tell you guys enough how great of a bowyer James is. If your looking to buying His Argos, do it.Your in good hands and you will get a great bow. My wife loves her Argos James made for her this past August.It shoots very nice and it spits her POC arrows out like lightening.Her bow is 60" #43@25" Heck, call him up you can't go wrong. James will treat you like Family. I will let you in on a little secret, Take mickydo french frys for his dog if you want past the gate. lol

Online ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 03:01:00 AM »
Nice looking bow, Brian!
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Iowa Tom L.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2012, 05:01:00 AM »
Matt,

I have a 64" Pit Viper that was built for me in the early '90s ('93 or '94 - would have to dig out the paperwork), 65# @ 28".  It is a wonderful narrow-limbed, deep-cored longbow; still going strong after all these years.

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2012, 07:00:00 AM »
Originally posted by JDBerry:
Tajue 17, this is James Berry. I will try to answer your questions the best i can so here we go. Each model is built on it's own form except the reverse handle, the Apollo and Taipan.
   The two top models the limb laminations are balanced and the glass is tapered. " they tend to shoot sweeter". There is not a big difference
between the $400 and $800 model in preformance.
  All JD Berry longbows are "D" shaped.
 Give me a call I am not following your question on the D shape ref/def.
 Heres my number 509-299-3029
James, So your saying you registered on here and made your 1st post for me????  I knew I'd leave a mark here somehow before I faded away but I will be giving you a call this afternoon and thank yuo for posting and answering my question.
"Us vs Them"

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2012, 10:22:00 PM »
Originally posted by Iowa Tom L.:
Matt,

I have a 64" Pit Viper that was built for me in the early '90s ('93 or '94 - would have to dig out the paperwork), 65# @ 28".  It is a wonderful narrow-limbed, deep-cored longbow; still going strong after all these years.
Love to see it. Dig it out!

Matt
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Offline huntsmanlance

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 11:23:00 AM »
I havent called James because i dont like to bother bowyers while they are working! So i will ask here before i call.

The Taipan is the less expensive model of the Appollo right? So is the Argos the less expensive model of the Renaissance? And besides the more fancy woods and such is there a real difference in the performance???

And what about the Viper???

Thanks!
Lance
St. Huberts Rangers
Mudd's Merry Men

Offline huntsmanlance

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2012, 10:49:00 AM »
I called James and he really is a great guy to talk with!!!  He talked to me about what i was wanting out of a bow, which makes a difference in how he does the limbs.

After that i ended up placeing my very FIRST order for a custom made bow !!!

I ordered an Argos that will be 70" long and 50# @ 29" and it should be ready in only 2 or at the most 3 months!

I am so dang excited!!!

Lance
St. Huberts Rangers
Mudd's Merry Men

Offline Shawn Rackley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2012, 05:26:00 PM »
james knows his bows thats for sure.im sure you will be happy with the bow. now the hard part ..... the waiting lol

Offline Goshawkin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2012, 08:29:00 PM »
Just started shooting again after about a 7 year layoff.I got into falconry and that takes up my whole hunting season now.
My youngest daughter(she's 8) just asked to start shooting a bow,so I broke all mine out a couple weeks ago. I shot them all the 1st day and stuck with my Berry Serpentine.I can't even remember when it was made for me.James if you're seeing this do you keep any records? What a beauty she is and shoots like a demon. Beautiful wood work and rock python backed. I sold alot of my bows since I stopped shooting.I had her up for sale,man I'm glad she didn't go!!! I think I'm going to order a Vixen now as well. Here's a pic of my Serpentine-

Offline Goshawkin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2012, 08:32:00 PM »
Python skin

Offline huntsmanlance

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2012, 10:35:00 AM »
Great looking bow Nick! JD told me the serial number is always the date he built it.

I just got my Argos and it is good to know that even after so many years your bow is still going strong!!!
St. Huberts Rangers
Mudd's Merry Men

Offline Goshawkin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2012, 12:39:00 PM »
Thanks,I tried to take a closeup of the wood work in it,but the pics don't do the work any justice. No serial number on it.Doesn't even have the length or draw weight marked. It's 62" and If I remember right it was about 60-62lbs@26"
Here's a close up,much better in person-

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©