3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: new pic  (Read 136 times)

Offline tnhornhter1099

• Trad Bowhunter
new pic
« on: January 18, 2012, 06:34:00 AM »

ok I tried to shrink it, hope it works, the story goes as this, for 3 yrs I had photos of this deer but had never actually seen him, so if not for the cameras I would never have known he existed.  Even the cameras would only catch him once ot twice a year and always in the wee hours, I named him the "Ghost" Oct 9, I had been hunting on the mtn. (i live in TN) seeing nothing, then that afternoon I decided to check a ridge for acorns and found a bunch of trees rubbed all to heck, I hung a stand right then and there.  About 30 min before dark a doe and fawn walked by, as they got to the end of the ridge the suddenly turned and stared a hole thru me, I am thinking what the h ? then I heard something and when I looked back there he was, the "ghost"  I would go into detail about my great shooting (LOL) just to say I got him!
2-black widows 45# & 43# @28
leon stewart LB 50# @28
predator 47# @28
blacktail snakebit 45#@28

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: new pic
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 08:19:00 AM »
Looks like a nice deer. But would like to hear more about the shooting and your equipment. Congratulations. I shot a buck back in 1990 that I knew was around because of his super large tracks and his rubs always had a broken off oak sapling. I saw him only once, the afternoon I shot him...so I know how you feel. It took me 4 years to finally catch up to him and it all happened in a heavily hunted area during gun season.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline wildgame

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 08:59:00 AM »
Congrats!! For tenn he's a giant!!!
"go afield with good attitude,and with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and the forest and fields in which you walk" -Fred Bear

Offline tnhornhter1099

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 11:49:00 AM »
I have several bows, 2 black widows, 1 Bighorn-Fred era- 1 Leon Stewart and the predater that I was hunting with that day.  The predater  is 47#@28 with a SBD string, 550 gr carbon arrows and a Wensel Woodsman elite on the business end.  My shooting is normally pretty good as I shoot almost every day, however I missed the "spot" on this buck bad! my arrow went in front on the shoulder angled down and got at least one lung, no blood trail at all, I was lucky he didnt go too far and I was able to find him.
2-black widows 45# & 43# @28
leon stewart LB 50# @28
predator 47# @28
blacktail snakebit 45#@28

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©