3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Show Us Your Hunt'n Rig.......  (Read 3131 times)

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Show Us Your Hunt'n Rig.......
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2007, 09:52:00 PM »
its a jeep thing, ya wouldn't understand!

ya know what i mean right!   :saywhat:
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2007, 10:27:00 PM »
Congrats on the new Jeep Ron.  Look forward to seeing pics of it when you get it home.
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2007, 10:39:00 PM »
Here's my 94 Toy extra cab with crappy $25 camper shell my family hates...but it was only $25....and I'm an engineer (read "Cheap")

This was on the annual Trad Bowhunters of Georgia January hog hunt.  Note shiny red paint - that's courtesy of a spike buck that ran out in front of me and came $700 short of totalling the truck.....thank you little fella for the new paint and the tasty hams!

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2007, 10:49:00 PM »
SOS, get a grill guard like is on my black chevy above and Biggies red Dodge. I hit a deer with the truck I had before this one. I was only going about 30mph but he busted through the grill and punctured my tranmissiom cooler. I thought it was anti freeze leaking so I drove home only 5 miles....burned up my transmissiom. I wouldn't be without a grill guard now.
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline captaincaveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2007, 11:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by Elksong@work:
For all you "Boots and Backpack" guy's, do you get to start your hunts right out the backdoor?  
yup.  Between my (little 6 acre    :rolleyes:    ) place and three of my neighbors about 1000 acres total of private land (all connecting) right out my door. Our land also borders on the Wayne National Forest, and the closest public access to the Wayne is a good 10 miles away.  Many, Many thousands of acres right out my back door in S.E. Ohio.  To bad there are no big deer left around here    :biglaugh:    

Josh

Offline Scooter Trash

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2007, 11:07:00 PM »
That new JT concept looks like an updated version of a CJ-8.
  I used to have a 78 CJ-5 it was kind of a hassle trying to put the 68" longbow in it.

Offline Jason Lester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2007, 11:38:00 PM »
Scooter,
   Check out my CJ5 on the first or second page. as far as putting a bow in it... your right not much room in there. But my little regular cab pickup doesn't either. LOL so the CJ5 is roomy in comparison.
Jason Lester

Offline cjones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2007, 11:43:00 PM »
well i can't seem to find any of mine so this is the best i could do. Thats it in the background!

Chad Jones

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2007, 06:14:00 AM »
Ron lemmie know how you like the 4 door jeep after you've had it awhile....I like the looks of 'em and was considering one for around here.

I agree on the grillguard. I hit a deer on the way to the airport once and it caused me to mmmmmmiss all my flights on that trip. I've hit two with a grillguard and have had no damage to the truck itself. Be sure and get a heavy duty one. There are cheap ones on the market that look good but don't do much to protect your fenders :-(
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2007, 07:59:00 AM »
I guess we'll have to call your new Jeep the Bigmobile once you get her all tricked out. I have to whole heartedly agree on the grill guard. My truck is a 4 door Ford F-250 4 wd. I lunched a fat doe in the fog one morning running 70 mph. Instant hamburger with a lot of noise. I jumped out to inspect the damage to my front end, The Ranch Hand grill guard did it's job. It got a little nasty in the process but didn't bend and I didn't need a repair shop. Can't say the same about the doe.

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2007, 07:59:00 AM »
Here's my truck and one of my old buses that I keep for hunters to sleep in.

What she looks like loaded and finished with a hunt out west. 8 hours of driving and I'll be home. This was the final pic from TXS07. Me, Dad, and Rick Savage. The trailer is the reminance of another hunting truck I owned and drove when I was 20 years old.

CK

Offline W.Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2007, 08:17:00 AM »
Curtis, i have a 1959 Ford school bus down behind my camp, i used it for camping before i built my cabin, they make a GREAT place to camp,i now use mine for storage, for deer stands etc.

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2007, 08:31:00 AM »
Thats cool Tim! I actually have a couple. I wanted a bus since I was very young. I suppose the Partrige family and the hippie buses of old intrigued me. Besides, I like a goood challenge and if you've never built a bus you wouldn't understand. There is nothing square or level in the whole project. Here is a pic of the inside of my personal hunting bus. There's been a few Tradgangers catch some beauty rest in this one. Jason Westbrock even rested his long frame on the couch there while Charlie took the lower bunk and I took the top. It was a full load!

CK

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2007, 08:49:00 AM »
Do you need that bus to push the F250 everywhere you go or just in camp?
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2007, 09:02:00 AM »
:bigsmyl:

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2007, 09:41:00 AM »
Jason Westbrock even rested his long frame on the couch there while Charlie took the lower bunk and I took the top. It was a full load!  
Who was driving??   :scared:    :eek:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2007, 12:53:00 PM »
Well here's my truck and my crew. This baby has the 300 6cyl and will run till the body falls off! the crew is our boxer Stella and my sons two boxers Brutus and Lillybean. they all three love venison.<><  
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2007, 03:14:00 PM »
Here's my diesel from the back. Can you tell I'm a Bow hunter?    :goldtooth:

Offline rtherber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2007, 04:28:00 PM »
Ron, she bought hers in October when they first came out here. She was getting 22mpg up in the Smokey Mtns. back in December(no air conditioning)and that seems to be the best gas mileage so far. The Rubicon is geared lower so I don't know about yours.  BTW, that soft top removal takes a little getting used to compared to taking the soft top off my regular Wrangler. She really likes hers and I'm still partial to the smaller one. The next thing you need to get for the Jeep is a:  www.adventuretrailer.com-  I like the "Chaser" model.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2007, 06:14:00 PM »
Roger, I've got both tops. I figured to use the soft top in summer and the hard top the rest of the year.

On the jeep site they make it look easy to put down the soft top.

Is Her's got a Automatic or Manual transmission? I was hoping the manual would do a little better on milage.   :confused:    :readit:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©