3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Show Us Your Hunt'n Rig.......  (Read 3126 times)

Offline rtherber

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Show Us Your Hunt'n Rig.......
« Reply #120 on: July 28, 2007, 06:43:00 PM »
She's got the automatic and also she has the full doors. Did you get the half doors? Heck, she even has power windows-who ever heard of a real JEEP having power windows?LOL- Ask your dealer if they got the quality control problem with the T-tops on the hardtop straightened out. I heard there was a leaking issue. She only has the soft top but it comes with the "Sundowner" version-which allows for a flip back front compartment top back without taking the whole top off. The V-6 seems peppy enough but I'm hearing this mini-van engine(already in production) is just a temporary powerplant- maybe a small diesel in the future.I like that truck prototype-and the top comes off on it.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: July 28, 2007, 07:22:00 PM »
Heck, she even has power windows-who ever heard of a real JEEP having power windows?LOL-  
Ahhhh... no comment    :rolleyes:    :o  

:biglaugh:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline bearly able

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2007, 09:31:00 PM »
Got the '95 Dakota back on the road today.  The 318 V8 runs really smooth.  Just gotta run down a used transfer case and I'll have the 4wd working.  Till then I'll have to make it somehow in 2wd.

Almost hit the target that time!

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2007, 10:53:00 PM »
Pickin her up Monday Morning..1 more day and 2 more nights    :banghead:  
          :biglaugh:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline bowfiend

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2007, 11:23:00 PM »
Somebody around here has a jeep truck that looks just like that concept truck - it's a "Brute" coversion from American Expedition Vehicles. Pretty sweet if you have the cash. A local guy does it for Flannagans Jeep in Missoula.

http://www.aev-conversions.com/products/brute/  

I loved jeeps when they had the straight 6. I had a cherokee with it and that thing had some get-up-and-go.
Is it September yet?!

Offline Richie Nell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2007, 11:39:00 PM »
Richie, You need to to edit your pix to the right size...NO BIGGER THAN 640 WIDE.......I've deleted a dozen of your pix in the few hours.....Please edit them before you post them....
Richie Nell

Black Widow
PSA X Osage/Kingwood 71#@31

Offline Jason Lester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2007, 12:15:00 PM »
The link was wrong for those trailers

But my gosh those things are expesive
Jason Lester

Offline rtherber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2007, 12:36:00 PM »
I think the AEV conversion is about $8,000- I couldn't stand to mess up my little Wrangler for the conversion. I'll wait and see if the JT comes out.
Jason, they do think alot of their trailers. I made the little trailer I carry my wall tent,gear to Colorado with a lot cheaper than what they want. OF course, it doesn't look as "purty", either...

Offline rtherber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: July 29, 2007, 12:40:00 PM »

Offline J.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: July 29, 2007, 01:54:00 PM »
My daily driver/hunting truck is a CJ8. I had a friend take a picture and email it to me. I can't figure out now how to get the picture from my email to here.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2007, 02:14:00 PM »
J.D. on the bottom of the page click on "contact us" and email them the picture to post for you.

Offline J.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: July 29, 2007, 02:25:00 PM »
Thanks Ron I will.

Offline DAGATOR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: July 29, 2007, 03:38:00 PM »
Here is my rig. 1980 International Scout II. The last year they were made. Took me a full year to get her into hunting shape. Looks like there are now two scouts on this post. That really is old school with old school trad gear!
Clay

Offline DAGATOR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: July 29, 2007, 03:39:00 PM »

Offline J.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: July 29, 2007, 06:37:00 PM »
In the early 80's as someone else said jeep made a pickup version of the cj7 added about 2 feet and called it cj8 or scrambler. Mine is a 83 with a 360 v8 and more mods than I can think of. Jeeps are my other hobbie. Unfortunately computors are not I am not going to get a picture posted.

Offline W.Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: July 29, 2007, 08:18:00 PM »
DaGator, neat looking old scout, i saw one for sale last week that was camo and no top.

Offline Scooter Trash

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2007, 09:12:00 PM »
J.D. Yeah those CJ-8's were the best, too bad they only made them for three years.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: July 29, 2007, 11:22:00 PM »
J.D., I had a Scrambler, bought it used in 85. It had a custom cap over the little box, like a little pickup. It was a great huntin vehicle.    :thumbsup:  

I should have a picture of it somewhere.

I'm picking up my new Wrangler 4dr Rubicon in the morning.    :jumper:    :jumper:    :jumper:

Offline 702plmo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: July 30, 2007, 02:24:00 AM »
heres my rig and all my friends,

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline 702plmo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: July 30, 2007, 02:28:00 AM »
This is Hunt3r's truck.  

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©