3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Show Us Your Hunt'n Rig.......  (Read 3130 times)

Offline OzarkRamblr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Show Us Your Hunt'n Rig.......
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2007, 01:05:00 PM »
Ron, you're a man after my own heart. I've owned many Jeeps over the years, CJ5's, CJ7's. I even bought a new Wrangler when they came out with the classic grill & headlights again in '97. Now I'm driving a Cherokee, but I am seriously lusting after one of those Wrangler Unlimited 4drs. myself. It's all I can do to hold off for a year or two till I can find a used one.

Here's the Cherokee

"A friend of mine said that I'm lucky, I told him luck has nothing to do with the life I chose, we choose the life we have and don't have, so choose wisely"...Kingwouldbe

Words to live by.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2007, 01:29:00 PM »
My huntin' rig? If I had a camera handy, I'd send you a photo of my boots and backpack.

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2007, 01:30:00 PM »
Ron...like I said yesterday...BUY IT!
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2007, 01:40:00 PM »
Roger, the dealer called this morning and told me the other dealer that had it sold it yesterday. It was the Rescue Green color that I wanted, 6 speed manual with 2 tops, a hard top and a soft top. but I didn't want that Satelite radio and those 6 infinity speakers that were in it anyway so I'll just keep looking.     :readit:

I'm still trying to work a deal on a Unlimited Rubicon, that's the one that will climb mountains. Do you think we'd need that up in huntin camp?
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2007, 03:19:00 PM »
Ron I always thought you were a GM man through and through!!  With all the faithful years of service you gave them then you turn around and look for something like that!!  I guess I was wrong.   :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:  just messing looks good I always said a jeep would be the best of both worlds, it is like a 4 wheel drive convertable.
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline rtherber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2007, 05:47:00 PM »
Three "specialty" hunting rigs-  

Offline rtherber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2007, 05:50:00 PM »
This is my Colorado elk hunt rig this year.-

Offline rtherber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2007, 05:55:00 PM »
The "zuki" stays up on property outside Land Between the Lakes for hunting/scouting that area. 19.00 for a fill up and she goes a ways on a tank of gas.

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2007, 06:27:00 PM »
Ron I have been told that the best place in the nation to get a Jeep is Jasper Jeep just north of Atlanta. A guy I know flew from Phoenix to Jasper and drove one home and still saved a ton. He said they had at least three of every model and color.
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Offline Elksong@work

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2007, 08:16:00 PM »
For all you "Boots and Backpack" guy's, do you get to start your hunts right out the backdoor?  I hike and hunt in "foot and horseback" areas 90% of the time, but I have to drive to get to the trailhead.  :cool:

Offline rtherber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2007, 08:31:00 PM »
I was hoping Jeep would go ahead with this concept truck. Its supposed to come with a diesel if they go ahead with manufacturing it.
 http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/23/jeep-jt-concept-more-pics/  - 106k - Cached - Similar pages

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2007, 09:59:00 PM »
rtherber, now there's a huntin truck. I'll ask the dealer about it tomorrow.
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline [email protected]

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2007, 01:34:00 AM »
Great gas mileage, seldom breaks down, good company and carries all I need.

Beware of all enterprises that require a new suit.

Don't give up what you want most for what you want now.

Offline rtherber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2007, 08:53:00 AM »
SHE bought the new '07 in the Sahara package,bought a personalized license plate with "HERJEEP" on it and by golly I sit on the passenger side when I get to ride in it.  

Offline Jason Lester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2007, 09:46:00 AM »
There is a conversion available to make the newer jeeps a truck like that. It's expensive though its from quadratec. I think the 4 door jeeps are interesting. Not a big fan of all the plastic they use for the bumpers etc. But there are plety of aftermarket ones availible. The rubicon is a great version. It has all the lockers and heavier axles alredy.

There is a bunch of these driving around here near me.
Jason Lester

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2007, 12:18:00 PM »
Huntin' rig, daily driver, offroad toy (my other hobby)

"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2007, 07:32:00 PM »
Man I couldn't do 2500 miles in a Jeep. I believe in my comfort...

PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2007, 08:47:00 PM »
Bob, I like your Two four wheelers    :thumbsup:

Serge
"The sportsman who accepts the sporting code of ethics keeps his commandments in the greatest solitude with no witnesses or audience other than the sharp peaks of the mountain, the stern oak, and the passing animal"
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2007, 09:15:00 PM »
Good lookin truck Biggie, here's my 3/4 ton Duramax Diesel, 2003 with 69,000miles on it. Love those 4 doors.

Well I went and did it today. I made a deal on a new Jeep Wrangler 4dr Rubicon. This baby has a long wheel base and rides like a dream, I think even Biggie would like it. I'm picking it up monday, It's just like this one only in Red with 2 tops, hard top and soft top with 6 speed manual tran. I'll post pictures when I get her home....I'm keeping the Chev. Diesel,

Offline bearly able

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »
Here's my '89 Dakota 4x4.  It's been a good one; currently has 316,000 on it w/ no rebuilds.   I  have a '95 just like it but a maroon color and it has the Magnum 318 V8.  It was abused by a former owner and has required alot of work.   If I can get it slapped back together enough to run tomorrow, I'll post a pic of it too!

Almost hit the target that time!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©