3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Pop-up Ground Blind advice  (Read 416 times)

Offline German Dog

• Trad Bowhunter
Pop-up Ground Blind advice
« on: January 18, 2012, 01:15:00 PM »
Hey Just looking to get a pop-up ground blind and am looking for advice on any that you have had the chance to use or you have and if you like it or not. I'd like to stay $275 or less on price. Also needs to be large enough for two people.

Thanks for any info that you can give.

Ed

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Pop-up Ground Blind advice
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 01:23:00 PM »
I don't know about the price, but I use a 78"x90" Ameristep Penthouse pop up blind. I use it so I can bowhunt out of it using my two 66" length recurves.

It's certainly big enough for two people.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 02:40:00 PM »
Originally posted by Night Wing:
I don't know about the price, but I use a 78"x90" Ameristep Penthouse pop up blind. I use it so I can bowhunt out of it using my two 66" length recurves.

It's certainly big enough for two people.
I have one too.
Big & roomy.
Easy to set up.
Little on the heavy side.
I've hunted with 2 people in it more than I have just 1.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 02:57:00 PM »
I think the Ameristep Penthouse pop up blind $199 at Cabela's.

Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline Hummer3T

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 02:57:00 PM »
I think a lot of the blinds are now very similar. I think it is important have one with horizontal walls.  I would try your bow in it before you buy.
Last thing you want to have to do is buy a shorter bow to fit in(shoot out of)your blind.  There are some in your price range that are good, just look at them and try if you can before you buy.

Tim
Life is about learning from your mistakes!

Chek-mate hunter I 62" riser with 60" limbs 49&42lbs@28

Samick Sage 62" 50lbs@28

Big Jim Mountain Monarch Recurve  60 inch / 50 lbs @ 28

Offline Bldtrailer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 03:27:00 PM »
Don't get the  Ameristep dog  :scared:   house way to small. Found out the hard  :banghead:   way 60inch wall to wall with a 60 inch bow.
As we get older our bow weight goes down and our body weight goes up, One of Lifes little jokes.
Bringing Archery to
 Wounded Warriors

Offline TSHOOTER

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 03:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by Hummer3T:
Last thing you want to have to do is buy a shorter bow to fit in(shoot out of)your blind.  Tim
I use whatever excuse I can get by with to buy another bow!  :D
He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son does not have life.  (1 John 5:12)

PBS
TGMM Family of the Bow
P&Y
Comptons

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 03:40:00 PM »
Check Sportsman's Guide....I picked up a Penthouse two days after Christmas for $126.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Online doubleo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 04:51:00 PM »
Check out Barronett Blinds. A couple of tradgangers had a post about them a while back. They had the grounder 350 model. 80" tall with lots of elbow room for 3 people. The Big Mike model is 80" tall also but not as wide. I think there priced under 200 bucks. Been thinking of getting one myself.
Wisconsin Traditional Archers Member

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 05:23:00 PM »
Hard to beat a Double Bull.  The recurve model is six inches taller if you shoot a bow over 60 inches long.  Plenty of room for two IMO.  A little pricey, but can often pick one up used.

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 05:50:00 PM »
Yes, I have a Barronett and i reccomend it. Plenty big enough for 2 people and I'm 6'2" and i can stand up in it.
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 05:50:00 PM »
Picked up a Barronet 350 model at Orschelins on close out for $99 after tax!! Checked online showed the closest store to Me and how many they had in inventory.

Nice blind for the money and 80" tall. Might go back and get another!!

bretto

Offline sbschindler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 05:54:00 PM »
Primos vison is a good blind

Offline BBWV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 07:39:00 PM »
X2 on the Barronet, I got the Big Mike and I shoot a 60" LB. I got it from Gander Mt
Tomahawk SS 62" 52#
Dala 60" 50#

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 09:50:00 PM »
I got a hidden hunter blind last spring.  Best blind I have ever had.  Roomy and very well built.  I think you can get it for under $300.

Offline eddings220

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 09:57:00 PM »
Just got a Barronett 350 and man is it roomy! Check them out on their website.
"Respect & Integrity" - Two things that will get you a long way with God and with men.  Mark Eddings

Offline Pops

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 09:58:00 PM »
I have a Barronet 350 like it a lot lots
of room.

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 10:28:00 PM »
I'm another happy owner of a Barronett 350.  Tons of room to shoot just about any bow you want.  They go up easy like all hub blinds and seem very well made.

Bernie Bjorklund

NC Iowa/SW Wisconsin

Offline captain caveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 09:47:00 AM »
My suggestion is to find a large 4-6 man tent and head into woods set it up bring your bow and decide do you like hunting out of a tent.  I think they are perfect for kids because they cover excess movement.  They also work great in a spot where you can set them up ahead of time and just go in and hunt.  I just feel like I'm watching a hunt on tv when I'm hunting out of one and they are too heavy and large to carry along as you still hunt and just find a spot you'd like to set up and hunt for a while.  The dilemma is I need something to cover up drawing my bow with animals really close.  I bought an apache pyramid trad archery guy who sells them is really good guy.  They are very light fast and easy to carry.  I am looking forward to turkey hunting with it this spring.  Very mobile and light but not full containment.  Everything has drawbacks.  I'm contemplating heading out next deer season with the base of my lone wolf climber or just the seat finding tree I can climb like a pine and setting up like that.   A lot of words to say try one first I thought I'd use mine more than I do.  Primarily because of size weight and noise make walking through woods with it.  Hope that helps

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©