3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Another Hog Heaven thread  (Read 284 times)

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Another Hog Heaven thread
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 10:05:00 AM »
I've been to Ray's once, and am looking to go back in the next few months.  This is what I took from my first trip.

1) Lighted nocks will help a lot in low light.  After trailing a hog after dark, its nice to know he's laying 10 feet from you when you climb into a thicket with him.  Its impossible to turn around in a bunch of cane with a longbow and nocked arrow.  Trust me.

2) Traveling light is the way to go.  I used an Arrowmaster last time and found it a bit too much.  It was nice, however, to be able to put my puffer bottle in the bottom for easy access.  Probably would go with a bow quiver next time.

3)  Already been said, but listen to Ray.  When you hunt an area long enough you just know what to do.  Ray knows what to do.

Almost forgot.  Bring a ThermaCell!
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline CV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2012, 06:54:00 PM »
It sounds like I need to get some lighted nocks. Can anyone recommend a good brand? I am shooting Beman ICS Bowhunters. Thanks.

Offline misfire

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 05:41:00 AM »
CV, I want to thank you for starting this thread as well. I've also been taking notes. Headed down with friend and fellow Trad Ganger, Rod Witkos, the end of March.
Mark

"The shortest distance from the earth to your mouth is the best." ~Wendell Berry~

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©