3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Catquivers/back quivers  (Read 342 times)

Offline Matthew Bolton

• Trad Bowhunter
Catquivers/back quivers
« on: January 22, 2012, 12:42:00 PM »
I have been looking a catquivers and different back quivers since the season ended. I don't shoot quite as well with a quiver on my bow and my quiver rattles just a bit which bugs me. My question is what back/cat quivers do you guys use while hunting? I mostly tree stand hunt but I will use it on the ground turkey hunting this spring.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Catquivers/back quivers
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 12:58:00 PM »
I have used the Cat  Quiver II, enough pockets for gear and still not to big to be an issue. Cat Quivers aren't for everyone....seems you either love'm or hate'm...lol!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 01:01:00 PM »
I like my Safari Tuff Arrowmaster much better than my CatQuiver.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 02:26:00 PM »
I tried a Safari Tuff, nice quiver.......sold it and still have my Cat-Quiver. Like I said you like'm or you don't!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 02:30:00 PM »
I love a Catquiver right up till I need to use a climber stand or carry a pop up blind, then I need a bow quiver.

If you mainly do spot and stalk, use a hang on stand or hunt from the ground, Catquivers are awesome.  :thumbsup:
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 03:05:00 PM »
Much easier getting arrows into and out of the Arrowmaster.  :bigsmyl:  Even if you use Muzzy or Thunderhead broadheads.  :p    ;)
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Online David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 03:08:00 PM »
I like my back quiver or my GFA quiver, probably the most versatile quiver I ever had and I've tried all types.  The GFA is my "go-to" quiver.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 03:12:00 PM »
I like my CQ4 and CQ2.  They are fun and pretty convenient.  Eventually I'm going to sell the CQ2 because I promised my wife I would, when I bought the 4.  But they are both pretty good quivers.

The CQ can be more difficult for me (full-length 2216s) in brush, or when kneeling down, making it more difficult to remove arrows.  But for walking around, it's a blast.  If you practice inserting and removing arrows a few times, it becomes as natural as taking your wallet out and putting it back in.
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Offline Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 03:12:00 PM »
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Offline PeteA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 03:20:00 PM »
Started using a cat quiver this season. By new predator just did like a bow quiver. Really like the cat quiver. Need to work a little to get arrows back in.
Predator Hunter 46#@28
'70 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28
'72 Bear Grizzly 45#@28

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 03:20:00 PM »
I can't remember which model I had but it was like a day pack with side pockets around the waist. Really nice if you need to haul a bunch of stuff with you. Getting on arrow out was easy but putting it back in was an other story. I'd buy an other in a heart beat if I needed something like that again.

I think a better bet is if you need a pack also is to buy a good pack that fits your purpose/needs then strap a CAT 1 or GFA. to it.
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Offline onewhohasfun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2012, 04:40:00 PM »
Tried em all. GFA with a fletch cover for me.
Tom

Offline mongoose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 05:04:00 PM »
I almost always use a bowquiver, but, I also really like the GFA style quiver. The GFA is nice in that it can be carried at different angles. I've even been known to carry both at the same time  :thumbsup:    :campfire:
stalk softly and carry a bent stick

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 05:04:00 PM »
I have a cat and just picked up a back quiver. Went stumpin with the back quiver today. Liek them both so far. I can't really say I like one for than another from a functional perspective, however, I like the back quiver better from a "Traditional" perspective.

Offline T Lail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 05:12:00 PM »
I use a Cat Quiver III and have for years.....practice slipping around and under stuff in the off season.....takes a little getting used too.....  :archer:
NCBA Life Member
Compton Member
Carolina Traditinal Archers
Bowhunter Education Instructor

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2012, 06:31:00 PM »
I ise the cq for turkey and most of deer season. Be carefull when its loaded with scary sharp heads. I almoat cut myself a few times. Lucky for me my shooting glove took the cut not me. I still like em though.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2012, 07:54:00 PM »
I don't know that there is a single quiver that's best all the time. I love my bow quivers but the first time I went to Canada moose hunting and my fletching was soaked for two days I bought a Cat Quiver 3. I just picked up a Cat mini for roving around.The backpack on the three holds more than enough for all day hunting and fletchings stay dry . I still have bow quivers as well and they still see action.Oh ya my traditional back quiver is great for 3 d shoots.
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline eflanders

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 08:28:00 PM »
You might want to also check out the Safari Tuff and the Elite arrow quivers.  They both cover the fletches for weather resistence can be strapped to a backpack or climbing stand when hiking in and both are top quality side quivers.  Personally I like this style best for hunting whether it's spot & stalk or stand hunting.

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 09:01:00 PM »
All you guys that like the Cat 1 and GFA quiver(or any other side quiver)you need to check out HighNoonLeathers quiver, way more versatile and the workmanship is a 11+ Serves as a back quiver a side quiver..ect. ect. Must be a dozen different  ways to wear it.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 09:19:00 PM »
I do not like bowquivers and I do not care for catquivers. I have had several of each and they just don't do it for me. The best quiver I have found for my purposes is the Safari Tuff.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©