3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Catquivers/back quivers  (Read 341 times)

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Catquivers/back quivers
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2012, 10:16:00 PM »
I had a Safari -Tuff and it was good for everything....till I went Elk hunting. I just made to much noise scraping against all the stuff it the dark timber, Great product but not for my usage! Where I hunt up in this part of the world I got the same result.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2012, 10:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by ron w:
I had a Safari -Tuff and it was good for everything....till I went Elk hunting. I just made to much noise scraping against all the stuff it the dark timber, Great product but not for my usage! Where I hunt up in this part of the world I got the same result.
HighNoonLeathers!
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2012, 10:40:00 PM »
LOL....it's good they make something for everyone...   :thumbsup:    :notworthy:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2012, 10:45:00 PM »
I knew Jerry back when he started making them and still have one.  I also made one from aluminum that is sturdy as heck.  There have their place and the can actually make less movement on a second shot than most other kinds of arrow carriers.  Shoot ,drop the bow at a correct angle while reaching for number two, and then slide it on the string.  Lot less than a back quiver
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2012, 10:51:00 PM »
Cat 3.5 in ASAT Fleece...

"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2012, 11:07:00 PM »
I have been using my new Art vincent back quiver and absolutely love it. I also have a High noon Hunter and it is by far my favorite hunting quiver.
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline Rustic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2012, 08:56:00 PM »
Originally posted by MikeW:
All you guys that like the Cat 1 and GFA quiver(or any other side quiver)you need to check out HighNoonLeathers quiver, way more versatile and the workmanship is a 11+ Serves as a back quiver a side quiver..ect. ect. Must be a dozen different  ways to wear it.

TTT
wow... do I like that set up.
Bear Montana Long Bow 50#@28"
PV Longbow 48#@28"
Bear Grizzly Recurve 45#@28"
Darton Trailmaster Recurve 35#@28"

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 07:57:00 AM »
Originally posted by gregg dudley:
I do not like bowquivers and I do not care for catquivers. I have had several of each and they just don't do it for me. The best quiver I have found for my purposes is the Safari Tuff.
I'm with Gregg ... I own a few Cat Quivers and have use them when the weathers gets gloomy and they worked well ...
And then I got my Arrowmaster from Rod ... all the positives , plus quieter , more maneuverable, safer  and none of the negatives ...
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©