3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone in Upstate SC?  (Read 1583 times)

Offline PeteTschantz

• Trad Bowhunter
Anyone in Upstate SC?
« on: January 15, 2007, 09:24:00 AM »
Hello all. I'm just getting started, I'm going to get some arrows, glove, arm guard etc this week.

I'm hoping to find someone in the Upstate SC / Charlotte, NC area who might be interested in mentoring a newbie. I live in York County, just south of Charlotte, but I have no problem driving an hour to get some pointers.

Thanks, Pete

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone in Upstate SC?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 07:16:00 PM »
Pete,
If you get down to the lowcountry, I'd be glad to sling some arras with you.  Good luck.

Offline MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »
Pete:
  I am in Simpsonville. Probably more than an hour drive but I would be more than glad to help out if I could. I hunt around Cross Keys about 15 miles out of Union, might could meet up there some time and shoot a few stumps.
 Duckbutt: My daughter is going to collage in Charleston, any where to shoot when I'm down that
 way visiting? Thinking of coming down in a couple of weeks for a long weekend to visit her and, maybe fish a little.
 Mike
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline PeteTschantz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 08:01:00 PM »
Thanks Duckbutt, I'll keep that in mind!

Mike, I'll PM you my info.

Offline waya

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 12:10:00 AM »
Pete,

I'm over here in Greer just inside Spartanburg County. Give me a hollar and we can get together sometime. I've got a buddy that has some targets set up on his property that lives just a few miles from me. He and I go to as many 3D shoots as we can.

Offline B-DOG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 12:28:00 AM »
i live in prosperity sc. would'nt be much help, but would like to get togather with some of you guys sometime. not many people around here that shoot trad. bows. most of my friends think i'm crazy. i've been shooting about 1 year

benji

Offline Mint Hill Mule

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 11:22:00 AM »
Pete,    The Carolina Traditional Archers had our first shoot this past weekend. The club shoots in Maiden, NC, which is about 1 hour from Rock Hill. There were 42 shooters on Sat. The next shoot is Feb 10. This is a great bunch of folks that are willing to help someone starting out.

There is usually a vendor or 2 selling arrows, arm guards, gloves, etc.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Offline PeteTschantz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 11:43:00 AM »
Thanks Mint Hill Mule. PM Sent!

Offline MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 07:56:00 PM »
Some of us from the upstate should get together and have a squril or stump hunt. Could do it on WMA land ( I dont think there is anything wrong with that) What do you all think?
 Mike
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline Grunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 08:03:00 PM »
Pete, the SCBA is having it annual Traditional Shoot 2/17-2/18 at Rocks Pond Campground, in Euatawville, SC on Santee Cooper...will be a great time....Hope u can make it.

tks,jamie

Offline waya

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 10:48:00 PM »
Why can't the SCBA have an event here in the upstate? I mean sheetfire not ALL the members live in the lower part of SC. There are some that don't have the time to travel that would like to attend an SCBA function.

I'll add to what Mint Hill Mule said-CTA is a fine club. My son and I used to be members but my job(having to work most weekends) kept us from going.

Count me in MCNSC for a get-together for some stumpin".

Offline varmint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 08:45:00 AM »
waya,

Have you brought this up to the SCBA??

We also have a Rabbit hunt coming up the first Saturday in Feb I believe it is.It is also in the same area,Eutaw Springs to be exact.After the hunt is the meeting for all the SCBA Officials.The hunt is to introduce more Youths to archery.
Bowhunting......A way of life and death.

Offline PeteTschantz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 03:49:00 PM »
MCNSC, that sounds like a good idea to me. Anybody have ideas for a location?

Offline B-DOG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 05:14:00 PM »
I'D LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE SHOOT AT ROCKS POND. WHAT ALL WILL GO OWN, NEVER BEEN TO ONE. DO YOU NEED RESERVATIONS TO CAMP. WHAT TYPE OF CORSE WILL THEY SHOOT, DO YOU HAVE TO BE A MEMBER?

THANKS BENJI

Offline varmint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 07:42:00 AM »
Benji,

You don't have to be a member.It will cost a little more $ not being a member,but it is not required to participate.I would recommend you think about becoming a member of the SCBA tho....help us keep archery around.

We usually have a range set up for practice,or just shooting.A few fun shoots,like pop up/lay down ground hogs,ect.A 30 target 3D shoot,through the woods,or basically down grass roads/fire lanes........good realistic shooting scenarios.Lots of BSing.

Not sure about reserving a site,but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt,we're usually way towards the back of the campground.If you ask the owner they'll know where to set you up.

Come on down and meet some of us.....
Bowhunting......A way of life and death.

Offline Raineman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 11:42:00 AM »
Hey all you SC folks. We go to Santee Cooper every year. We stay at Blacks Camp and come for the 10+ pound largemouths. This year I think I'll do some bowfishing as well. Some big carp and gar in them thar waters. I'd love to stick an arrow in one or two. Droptine is gonna hook me up with some bowfishing stuff (I hope). We'll be down March 25-30.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©