3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: KUIU Attack Pants  (Read 332 times)

Offline Onions

• Trad Bowhunter
KUIU Attack Pants
« on: January 22, 2012, 04:22:00 PM »
Wondering if anyone else has issues of threads "pulling" on  Attack pants? I really like these pants, however I was surprised to see how much wear they showed after one season. (Esp. from what I read on how tough they are). I Wore them on apx. 50 different hunts here in Michigan. From temps in the 80's to low 20's (with proper base layers was quite comfortable).The "pulling" is everywhere on the pants, however the worst areas are the ankles and knee areas. They stretch/move with you. Great for climbing into stands.They dry extremely fast.
Can't wait to try these out in the "Rockies" this fall!

chris <><

Offline onewhohasfun

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: KUIU Attack Pants
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 05:00:00 PM »
Just the nature of the fabric. Wild rose and blackberries will snag that stuff up pretty good. Michigan cactus.
Tom

Offline Robhood23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 05:31:00 PM »
Ya I just noticed that on my pair today! Took the kids sledding and wore them over base layer instead of snowpants! I love them and plan on getting another pair when they go on sale!
The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right!!!

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 06:25:00 PM »
Adds to the camo.  :D

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 06:28:00 PM »
I love mine!

If I could I'd wear them to work too.
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline slivrslingr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 09:30:00 PM »
IMO, if that's all the wear showing after 50+ hunts, I'd say there's no issue, it's normal wear and tear.

Offline turkeyslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 10:00:00 PM »
What kind of material are they made of....just curious?

Offline shdwhwk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 11:03:00 PM »
Mine looked worse than that after a hour hunting around blackberry bushes.

They're good pants - comfortable, good camo, but you have to be careful where you wear them. Which means I can't wear them in my favorite blacktail area  :banghead:

Offline Ward / Texas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 11:28:00 AM »
I'm just jealous you were able to go on 50 hunts in Michigan!  That's bragging!

Offline Onions

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 08:36:00 PM »
Thanks all for your responses. It is interesting to me that others are seeing the same thing.
I disagree with the statement that this is "normal wear and tear". A pair of hunting pants should be able to handle what I have put these through last season w/out this many thread pulls.
For example I have a pair of Microtex pants for over 10 years. Only hole in the pants is where I accidently pushed a broadhead through and into my calf. However after the 2010 season the stitching started to "rot" away, however they are still in "working order" (now they are my backup pair). Not bad for a pair of pants I bought for $10 on sale.
Now.... in no way am I trying to "slam" these pants or am I complaining. I LOVE these pants, and I would buy another pair. I am just curious if anybody else is having this same situaion.

chris <><

Offline Hummer3T

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 08:43:00 PM »
These pants are made for mountain use, briars, rose bushes, etc. can be really hard on certain fabrics.  I have some attach pants on order and its good to here about this, I think I will try to restrict mine to prairie and mountain use.  maybe leg gators may help in the briars?

Thanks for the heads up, I was wondering about wear in a forest setting on these pants.

Tim
Life is about learning from your mistakes!

Chek-mate hunter I 62" riser with 60" limbs 49&42lbs@28

Samick Sage 62" 50lbs@28

Big Jim Mountain Monarch Recurve  60 inch / 50 lbs @ 28

Offline Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 09:59:00 PM »
Aint too many fabrics going to make it through rose, blackberry and briar bushes without snags.  Some of the ones I get tangled up in will stop you in your tracks.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline Tater John

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 10:16:00 PM »
I call it 'wait a minute vine' and stay out of it without briar chaps.
I have KUIU base layers, looks similar to the Attack Pants from the photo fabric/weave wise. Brambles eat that stuff right up  

Rusty
"Mystic rhythms,Under northern lights or the African sun,Primitive things stir the hearts of everyone"

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 03:16:00 AM »
My favorite pants -- bar none -- for hunting and daily wear. Just got out of my charcoal Attacks to go to bed. I plan to buy several more pairs in addition to the two I already have if Jason makes them in more colors. No doubt any fabric like that will snag on thorns, but they are extremely comfortable and abrasion resistant. Perfect for the mountain hunting they were designed to be worn for!

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline shdwhwk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 02:14:00 PM »
Perhaps, but Kuiu should have been more careful when advertising the fabric as "tough & durable"

That being said, when I used them on a 6 day elk hunt in the Oregon Blue Mtns, they worked great.

Offline Smithhammer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 02:18:00 PM »
I'd say that the KUIU Attacks are quite "tough and durable" so far in my experience.

But 50+ hunts in midwestern thorn country is something else. If you can find any fabric that performs as well in every other way, and stands up to that much use/abuse, buy it. But I would expect a lot of fabrics (other than tin cloth) to actually look a lot worse than what you've pictured after that much.

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 03:17:00 PM »
After a week long elk hunt this Sept. my attack pants hardly even looked dirty.  Wore them once here in Wisconsin scouting through some thick prickers and they look like your photos.  Still the best hunting pants I've worn, and if I'm going to be busting the brush I'll wear my "cheap" pants.
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Offline screamin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 11:44:00 PM »
I wore mine for about 5 weeks last yr and you can't even tell, they look like new. But I wasn't busting through any sort of sticker bushes either. They are better than my Sitka Ascents thats for sure. I had the threads come right out of the crotch in a pair of those after 2 weeks 2 yrs ago.

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 10:46:00 AM »
How do the sizes run on these pants?  I'm looking for a good quality pants for Colorado elk hunting, and it sounds like these might fit the ticket.

Bernie Bjorklund

NC Iowa/SW Wisconsin

Offline Hummer3T

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 10:49:00 AM »
Originally posted by Bernie B.:
How do the sizes run on these pants?  I'm looking for a good quality pants for Colorado elk hunting, and it sounds like these might fit the ticket.

Bernie Bjorklund

NC Iowa/SW Wisconsin
I started a thread called Kuiu fit, check it out for fit parameters.
Life is about learning from your mistakes!

Chek-mate hunter I 62" riser with 60" limbs 49&42lbs@28

Samick Sage 62" 50lbs@28

Big Jim Mountain Monarch Recurve  60 inch / 50 lbs @ 28

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©