3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Camo Dip  (Read 185 times)

Offline coachA

• Trad Bowhunter
Camo Dip
« on: January 23, 2012, 11:15:00 AM »
I have gotten a huge amount of great information on this website, so I was hoping yall could help me a little more. I have a bow that I want to camo dip. I would like to hear your opinions on camo dipping. I would like to know what the best patten is and where is the best place to get it done?

Offline coachA

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Camo Dip
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 11:30:00 AM »
If yo have any pictures you can post, I would like to see them.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 12:27:00 PM »
We have a sponsor camodip.net that has had rave reviews.  Check them out.

Also do a search on camo dip in the subject and you will get three pages of results to play with.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 12:54:00 PM »
Yep, camodip does an awesome job. I've had 2 bows done and my buddy has had one done. Excellent service and product. The "Ultimate Camo" is a fantastic pattern by the way!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 01:20:00 PM »
Ryan,

I have replied to your email answering your question.....check your email if you haven't already done so.

Billy

Offline Jimscol

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 01:49:00 PM »
I just had Billy dip a set of Bear limbs in Predator brown.  I haven't received them back yet but he sent me a photo of them and they look great.  I have a set of Black Widow limbs that I am thinking about getting dipped in Predator gray.   Jim

Offline OS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 02:26:00 PM »
St. Joe River bows offers a Predator camo dip that look sweet!! I would check with them.
It's not the size of the game you take that means Success!
It's the experience of pursuing game that give true Outdoor Success!!!!!

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 02:52:00 PM »
Ryan, If you think there is any chance you might ever want to sell or trade your bow, I would give the camo dipping serious thought.  I had my bow (Brackenbury Quest) dipped a couple years back before Billy Shipp owned the company. The finished product was very nice, but I have since tried to sell the bow at a rock bottom price and the camo dip seems to be a big hang up with a lot of potential buyers.  I have had several ask if the camo dip could be removed.  I corresponded with Billy about whether it was doable or not.  The answer I got was that it might be possible, but would be a major undertaking to get all the dip and primer off, and not very practical. Didn't recommend it. I think I would have had the bow sold by now if it weren't dipped.  I'll probably end up keeping the bow because it looks nice to me and I'm not going to give it away.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 09:00:00 PM »
Burnsie,  If you seriously want the camo dip removed and a new finish applied send me an email or a pm. It's not a problem. i can, and will do it for you.

Hey Coach,

I just got a couple bows dipped by Billy and he does an excellent job.   :thumbsup:

there are all kinds of different paterns but here are the preditor patterns in Green and a snow pattern.

Offline mountbkr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 09:56:00 PM »
Thinking about doing one in the Predator green myself, that's sweet looking.
Genesis 27.3

Offline thumper-tx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 10:08:00 PM »
I had Billy dip a Dalla riser a few weeks ago and it turned out great. Do a search on "film dip resource" and you will find my post with some photos.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 04:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by thumper-tx:
I had Billy dip a Dalla riser a few weeks ago and it turned out great. Do a search on "film dip resource" and you will find my post with some photos.
I looked for that post and couldn't find it...   :dunno:  

Could you post some pictures on this thread? Purdy please....thanks Kirk

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©