3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: GoldTip Heavy Hunters?  (Read 260 times)

Offline RM81

• Trad Bowhunter
GoldTip Heavy Hunters?
« on: January 27, 2012, 08:41:00 AM »
Just saw these advertised at the top of the forum.  I was really excited to see the GPI on them, and then pretty shocked to see what they cost.  Anyone know why they cost twice as much as the GT Trads?  If I had to pay almost $14 per shaft, I'd have to give up bowhunting.  Anyone use them yet or are they new?

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: GoldTip Heavy Hunters?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 08:46:00 AM »
I am like you, liked the gpi, but can't swallow the price.
But I guess their thinking is if you never are going to break one, they won't have many repeat sales so they are more $.

Offline ssoden

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 09:43:00 AM »
Yep .. Some heavy Ash shafts would fit my budget awhole lot better!

Offline Reaper TN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 12:03:00 PM »
The specs on these shafts look awesome, but I'll have to wait for the blem versions from Big Jim.   :banghead:
TT Pinnacle II  45# 62"
Hoyt Excel  50# 64"

Offline RM81

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 12:13:00 PM »
Originally posted by Reaper TN:
The specs on these shafts look awesome, but I'll have to wait for the blem versions from Big Jim.    :banghead:  
Exactly what I was thinking. LOL.  Love my blem GT trads from Big Jim.

Offline Smithhammer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 12:13:00 PM »
They look really durable, but with a GT 5575 already offering 9.3 gpi, I really don't need a shaft that is any heavier - I prefer putting the rest of the weight up front, into high FOC. I suppose if I was going after Cape Buffalo, elephant, Baby Godzilla, etc, I'd consider them.

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 07:24:00 PM »
The price is high because of a limited audience. They simply MUST be profitable or whats the use of making them.

A tank of fuel in a big pick up truck is very expensive and lasts no time at all. A dozen of these shafts will probably last so long you`ll be buying new bows to match the spine of them.

I havent checked them out yet...hopefully they are made HERE!

Offline onewhohasfun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 07:35:00 PM »
Probably make a great bowfishing arrow. I wonder what the wall thickness is and what inserts they would take?
Tom

Offline motorhead7963

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 08:20:00 PM »
Well someone needs to point me in the right direction, I can't find them anywhere on this site. Guess I will checkout GT,s website. That being said there is no excuse for cheap equipment, GT's are all I shoot, I shoot the Pro Hunters out of my Bowtech and the XT Hunters and Expedition Hunters out of my recurves. I am very comfortable with the GT's, they are very durable and consistent. I like the history and the look of the Wood arrows, I even own a set of POC arrows for my Super Grizz that I bought when I first got the bow.

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 08:23:00 PM »
If they are the ones by "BearPaw" isn't that co. in Germany and Gold tips actually made in Utah?

Offline motorhead7963

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 08:58:00 PM »
Thanks Keefer! found them, for a dozen they are not much more than the Pro Hunters. according to my calculations and at my length arrows they will be one heavy arrow. A 29" 320 spine arrow will be over 440 grns and thats not including anything added to the arrow, I shoot mostly 60ish # bows I would need to add around 600grns up front just to keep some kind of FOC. That will make the arrow over 1000grns, thats akin to a 100# bow. I would have to check what spine I would need at my DL.Good to know that someone is building a heavy arrow out of carbon.

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 09:16:00 PM »
I was thinkin on trying some heavy carbon's, but for that price I think I'll just stick with aluminum!

Jason

Offline fmscan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2012, 09:47:00 PM »
Gold Tip are based in Utah, they get the shafts from Mexico, and then put them together in Utah.

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2012, 10:08:00 PM »
155.99 ??? a dozen ?????? That aint gonna happen!

Clint Eastwood was right, "There's nothin' like a fine piece of Hickory"

Eric

Offline David Yukon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 10:45:00 PM »
That is cheeper than the new Grizzly sticks, I think they sale for that price for 6.... I know they  are suppose to be super tough, and all, but what about loosing them? Would people using them, use them for all there hunting, like small game, deer, antelope, elk, moose , pigs etc? or just on real big animals like Moose and grizzly??

Offline AWPForester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 10:52:00 PM »
I sure hope nobody buys them at this price so they lower them.  To each his own but as a free market we the consumers control it.  We stand our ground on this fleecing and we  get it sffordable.  Economics 101.  Definately not my cup of tea.  God Bless
Psalm 25:3 Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: Let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.

Offline Glunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 11:49:00 PM »
I hope a ton of folks buy them which spurs more/leaner production and other companies jumping into the heavy carbon market. That way we get lower prices, more choices, and the market keeps humming along.

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2012, 07:37:00 AM »
These shafts are made  by Gold Tip for Bear Paw and sent to Germany. They are then imported back to the U.S. . On top of that, they are more difficult and expensive to build.

I understand not wanting to pay high prices for things such as arrows, but these are twice the quality of the "other" high $$ arrows and quality is expensive. Besides, I have been hearing complaints and I myself have been complaining about the cost of arrows for over 30+ years. Not gonna change anytime soon!

Compare the cost of a dozzen with the cost of a box of quality rifle bullets that can only be shot once each.

Do  you really think anybody is getting rich off of selling arrows? Don't fool yourself.

If it weren't for other countries buying the majority of our wood grained carbon arrows, we couldn't afford them  here.
BigJim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2012, 07:42:00 AM »
Jim-
Do they take the same inserts as othe other GT's?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©