3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Any news from K'Zoo !!!!  (Read 714 times)

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
Any news from K'Zoo !!!!
« on: January 27, 2012, 07:58:00 PM »
Come on Day one, post em if ya got em
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline eflanders

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Any news from K'Zoo !!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 09:14:00 PM »
Lots of attendees, lots of vendors and lots of folks mingling around with big grins on their faces.  I can't say for sure, but I think the grins are because of all of the new toys they are going out the door with.  Or it might be that they are still trying to figure out how they are going to explain all of the money they just spent to their significant other!

Many of the most popular bowyers are here in person and it's really great to be able to shoot all of these great bows.  There are also the likes of G.F. Asbell, Ron LeClair, the Wensels so you just don't know who you will run into!

p.s. there are also some really nice bow collections on display by the many of the most famous American archers like Bear, Pearson, Hill and more.

As before, these folks have put on a great show and it only will get better as the weekend goes on! Tomorrow they start with some of the guest speakers and seminars.

Offline COLongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 09:19:00 PM »
Longstick, I'm with you man.

I couldn't make it but wait for reports like a kid at Christmas!!

Bring on the photos!!!
BW PCH III

His servant

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 09:37:00 PM »
Just got home.  Saw many people I know including more than a few well know Trad Gang members. I didn’t do a lot of socializing or photo taking tonight.  My Friday night plan is always to shoot as many bows as humanly possible and get that done before the bigger crowds on the weekend.  

There was a good turnout.  The renovated facility is nice.  I think  there were a few less venders this year, but not by much.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline Irish Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 09:44:00 PM »
Didn't get to the room until around 7:00pm. Checked in and grabbed some dinner, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see the goods.

Usually, go Friday evening, but got a late start. I'll hit'em in the morning.

Offline fz4vgq

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 09:46:00 PM »
I took lots of photos but wont have the ability to post them till Sunday or Monday. I'll be there tomorrow also so if you see me walking around with my big ole Canon (camera) say hello.  :D

Offline JJB2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 10:18:00 PM »
Just got to the hotel with my wife and kids.  Already spent too much money but completely worth the trip.  Shooting all the bows is a blast and my daughter finally got her fox hide for her new quiver. I've been wanting to shoot a Pine Hollow bow for the longest time and shot three of em tonight.  Also loved the new Zipper Nitro.  That longbow smokes an arrow and is smooth as silk.  

Lots of great folks here on the vendor side; they all went out of their way to engage my girls - they crested some arrows, shot bows, talked Daddy into some jewelry and candy.  They really enjoyed it.  For those of you guys with kids, it makes a great family weekend.  We got a relatively cheap room at the candlewood suites.  Free kids movie, some snacks and they couldn't be happier.

Looking forward to Ed Ashby tomorrow morning.
Life is tough but it's tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 10:21:00 PM »
I'll be there around 9am tomorrow, for the mass crush.   :)

Offline David Yukon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 10:36:00 PM »
That sure sound like a blast!! I wish I could go to something like that one day... just to shoot all the bows, would make it a treat!

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 11:50:00 PM »
Met quite a few people from TG tonight.  It's always nice to put a face to the name, yes even Whip's      :biglaugh:    

Then there is Killdeer, she took two planes and a taxi to get to the hotel, then walked from the hotel to the Expo.  Now that shows determination.  Especially since most the people were staying at the hotel she was in.  I'm sure there won't be a morning walk in her future tomorrow.

Some very beautiful bows on display.  Tall Tines and Zippers caught my eyes this evening.  

The new layout of the place is different, so please do not forget to go right once you pay, or you might miss some very good displays, including the Michigan Longbow Association's "kid's shooting area", along with Lonnie's Recycled Recurves and the huge hill dispay and Broadheads I could only dream about.  

If you are lost, and have no idea how you could be SO FAR away from all the action, don't feel bad the Sitka Gear booth is right there with you.     :biglaugh:    

For as warm as the weather is, there should be record numbers of people there this weekend.  If your on the fence about coming, don't hesitate.  There are some very awesome deals that you will not find anywhere else, but to find out what they are your gonna have to see for yourself.

Please say hello if you see me there.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 12:40:00 AM »
I picked up a few things and shot a few bows. Those Tuffhead broadheads are awesome. It is hard to imagine something stopping that 300 grain beast!  Bob Morrison didn't make it. Too bad, was really hoping to check his stuff out. Kevin at RER bows had some real nice bows. Lots of nice stuff to see. Sorry Kathy had such a rough time of it. Tomorrow will be better.

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 05:47:00 AM »
Hill Country Bows is also tucked away back in the corner with Sitka gear. Please make the effort to stop by Roman's booth and say hello and check out his new bows.

Great to see all old friends and make some new ones.
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline doctari

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 05:51:00 AM »
I am on my way this morning.  :bigsmyl:
"So long as the new moon returns in heavan a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold the hearts of men."   Maurice Thompson The Witchery of Archery

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012, 06:34:00 AM »
Keep it coming and we need many pics, the drool is forming.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline Lechwe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2012, 06:49:00 AM »
The most impressive bows for me this year were the RER bows. I didn't know much about them before but was extremely impressed with their performance.Kevin was great at explaining the aspects of a static tip. Going to have to have one of these bows someday. List is getting pretty long.

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 07:09:00 AM »
Didn't make K-zoo this year.  Last year I found the folks at RER exceptionally patient and helpful.  They were a pleasure to talk to and their bows shoot very well too.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline akbowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2012, 08:45:00 AM »
Had a great time last night. Met a few Tradgangers, and had some great conversations with venders. I spent quite a bit of time with Roman and his bows. Really like them both.

Looking forward to today's activities. Hopefully my rental car will handle the snow OK.
Chuck

Offline highcountry

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2012, 11:33:00 AM »
Pictures brothers, pictures!!
  :campfire:

Offline Swiftspeed10

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2012, 11:50:00 AM »
any pics? I wish I was there =(
Benny
-------------------------------------------------------------
Centaur Glass 57# at 28" (58")
Sauk Trail Kenu 40# at 27" (52")--->waiting for build

Offline monsterbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2012, 01:08:00 PM »
Keep us posted on the new bows!!!   Sounds like a great time. Wish Charlie and I could of attended, guess well have to wait till next year,(that's what we said last year)LOL.  Thanks!!!   God bless.
John 3:16  Whosoever Will

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©