3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Any news from K'Zoo !!!!  (Read 715 times)

Offline Koko Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Any news from K'Zoo !!!!
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2012, 02:06:00 PM »
I wanna see some pics.  Couldn't go this year.  Come on!
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! ~ Psalm 17

Dryad Epic

Online Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2012, 02:16:00 PM »
Monsterbuck,

Yes, maybe next year. But I wish we were there today.
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2012, 04:40:00 PM »
Here is Kathy(Killdeer) with Abe Penner of Cari-bow bows. This is the only picture that I took. Look how happy she looks. Must have just ordered a new bow.     ;)  

Offline 450 marlin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2012, 04:46:00 PM »
Seen a nice LH Kodiak Mag 1965 on the trade table I should have brought home..

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2012, 05:37:00 PM »
Decent crowds today but the roads were slick this morning. Not sure if Dr. Ashby's presentation went off as planned. We got there before 10 but didn't hear it announced. Zipper Zipstick was impressive, as well as the TwoTracks Exotic wood Longwalkers, and the Aluminum riser Predators. Saw several TG'ers. Killy was busy at the Shrew booth when we walked by. Nice flow to the crowd and less problems with arrows waving through the crowd.  :thumbsup:
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Joeabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2012, 06:29:00 PM »
I just got home from the show and plan to go every year now.  I shot 17 different bows!  I made the best of my time there!  After Friday night and Saturday morning I finally narrowed it down two bows.  If I could afford two bows I would have bought a Cari-bow Slynx but in the end I came home with the RER XR riser static tip 3pc recurve.  The folks a RER were very accomodating (read patient)....I shot the same bow no less than 5 times.  I found a bow that just shoots where I look, makes it seem easy.  I'm putting more arrows through her at home and am totally impressed.  Groups nice, quiet, fast and very forgiving.
Joe

Offline Sirius Black

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2012, 07:22:00 PM »
Joe, I have a RER LX, like your bow but with longbow limbs, and it's just a great bow. So fun to shoot, it's hard to put down, isn't it? Good luck with your new bow!     :thumbsup:
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member

Offline Joeabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2012, 07:57:00 PM »
Thanks Eric, yeah its a great shooter. I really liked the long bow limbs too. RER really impressed me.

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2012, 08:32:00 PM »
This was my first trip ever to a trad archery expo. Not terribly surprising, since I just got started in this exciting/frustrating/fun game 2 years ago.

I was the proverbial kid in a candy store. I got to not just look at, but pick up, fondle and shoot a lot of stuff that I've been following on company web sites and here on Trad Gang.

I was deeply disappointed in some of the bows I thought I'd really like and pleasantly surprised by some others. I had just bought a bow on the way to the expo, so it was window shopping only except for the obligatory small game points and some Zwicky left bevel 160grs.

I was advised to stop by Hill Country Bows booth and did. Roman is a very quiet but friendly guy who doesn't waste a lot of energy in frenzied sales pitches. Suddenly, a little 56" 1-piece recurve bow jumped off the rack into my hand and I instantly fell in love.

I figure if I sell a couple of my bows that I like, but have no special feelings for and maybe save a little lunch money, that bow with some different woods will be ordered in the spring. There was a lot of quality work on display at the show, but that one just won my heart. I drew it back to my 29.5" anchor and it just smiled at me and said, "Oh come on. Pull me just a little farther". So I did and it kept smiling and talking to me.

As a friend of mine used to say, "You're never too old to enjoy a happy childhood".  Great show!
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline emac396

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2012, 08:59:00 PM »
I am on way home had to make a stop in Akron for my daughters Cheer competition. First trip to Kzoo and I will be there next year for sure. Dr Ashbey did speak I stayed for 2 hours of it and reluctently had to leave. Mrs Asbell is a woderful lady bought some wool and other goodies from her and a doz new LW grizzlys, KME stones and some Tshirts. Met up with a few Tradgangers, I went alone but there was no shortage of friendship.

Ed

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2012, 09:15:00 PM »
I just got home, a 2.5 hr ride, roads were better coming home than going. Great time and great bunch people to be around!

Miss Theresa had a pile of wool goodies you wouldnt believe...and on SALE! Yup I did my part.

Got to check out the Classic Bowman wool wear, definately top shelf stuff. Anyone that knows Rob knows that he is comitted to offering nothing but the finest garment possible, it shows!

Relieved Ron LaClair of a couple dozen of those well seasoned Acme cedar shafts. Took the "ShrewHill" for a test drive...Purty nice bow I'll tell ya, just dont know if I can do that wedge grip, but other than that   :thumbsup:  

All in all, couldnt be a better day. Visit with old friends a meet some new ones.

Eric

Offline huntingarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2012, 09:20:00 PM »
Did anyone of you shoot the Dryad Orion with the new ACS recurve limbs.Its kinda got me to thinking....dangit!
IF MONEY TALKS MINE SAYS GOODBY

Offline JJB2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2012, 09:38:00 PM »
My favorite bow of the weekend was the new Zipper Nitro.  Hammers em home like Bill's recurve limbs, whisper quiet and smooth all the way through the draw.  Also liked the Tall Tines 58" curve.  Really nice grip and balance.

In the end, I'm going to have to spring for a set of limbs for my sxt.

Ed Ashby's presentation was very informative.  It ran long but was well worth the time spent.
Life is tough but it's tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne

Offline BOWMARKS

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2012, 09:51:00 PM »
Just got home about an hour ago,had a great time got to meet some Tradgangers I have never met Killy being one.    

A very nicley held show with lots of bows to see and shoot.I would recomend to try and make it someday when you can!!
Kanati Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Hoot's Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Shrew Classic Hunter 56"-47#@28"

TGMM Family Of The Bow
United Bowhunters of Penna.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline JMR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2012, 10:42:00 PM »
I had great time today at the show. I only shot three bows. A new super Kodiak, a Holm-Made river runner, and a Hill Country K2. Fell in love with the K2 but didn't have the money to order one. I also had a nice conversation with Chad Holm about his bows which are real shooters also. I watched Killdeer shoot a 64# Hill Country recurve with ease that made jealous. That little lady can shoot! I also picked a beautiful handmade Cherokee Slim Turkey call. Walked away with a big grin and more things on my wish list.

Offline tracker1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2012, 11:56:00 PM »
Had a great time again at K-ZOO.  Shot alot of bows and met a few tradgangers.  The Dryad ACS Recurve limbs shot great.  Never shot limbs that felt like them at my 30'' draw it felt like a let off at about 29''.  They were a little twangy they needed a set of wool puffs on them.  The zipstick also shot great.  The hill country 56'' Cree recurve shot great.  I had a break down and bought a 56'' Shrew Classic Hunter 43#@28.  It shot to good to leave it at the show.  Have fun everyone and have a safe trip home

Offline BeNoIt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2012, 12:09:00 AM »
Had a great time there yesterday and today. Met AKBowbender, Chad from Holm bows that is on here, and a couple others that I don't remember their names. Saw Killy (now that I see the picture on page 2 of this post) but didn't meet. I wonder how many others I missed.

Had a great time with my son, shot a lot of bows, looked at a lot of good gear and got some great ideas of things I want to do. Very glad I made the trip and I'm sure this will be the first of many, Lord willing.

There needs to be a Trad-Gang tag thingy that you can get as part of admission so that those on Trad-Gang can easily identify each other. Maybe next year?  :)
David

Matthew 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Bigfoot Flatliner 55@28 64" (New!)
Spirit LB 55# @28" 62"

Offline BeNoIt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2012, 12:19:00 AM »
Oh - forgot to list my favorite bows of the show. Hill Country Longbow, not sure which model, Timberhawk longbow, not sure which model, and the Holm Osprey longbow. Not in any specific order.

I was surprised as I thought that I would really like some of the higher priced bows but found that I actually like the ones that I can afford better. My review really wasn't based on price either, just really enjoyed those bows.

My son really liked the Predator recurves and longbows. I think we went back there 5 times. Felt bad that I didn't take one home as much as he shot their stuff.  :)
David

Matthew 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Bigfoot Flatliner 55@28 64" (New!)
Spirit LB 55# @28" 62"

Offline Anointed Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2012, 07:39:00 AM »
It was a great show and it was awesome visiting everyone. Love our new Northern Mist's. Thanks Steve!

For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2012, 07:59:00 AM »
Originally posted by huntingarcher:
Did anyone of you shoot the Dryad Orion with the new ACS recurve limbs.Its kinda got me to thinking....dangit!
I did.  It was very fast, and yes, you can tell that even shooting the short distance range when one is that fast.  Very hard hitting for the weight.  Typically, they have bag targets, but this year they had Rinehart targets.  You could really tell when a bow was burying arrows. Most bows will have a little silencer material on them. The Dryad bows do not so it was loud.  I would like to shoot one again with some to see how it quiets down. To me it loaded up a little earlier, but was smooth and didn’t feel like it was gaining much as I got out past 28".  Overall it felt a couple pounds heavier than listed.

I also shot the Dryad static limb.  That was very quiet with no silencers.  It has a similar feel to the ACS recurve limb. I liked that limb a lot.  It is right up at the top of my list for of hunting ILF recurve limbs so far along with Zipper limbs.

I live in Kzoo and typically shoot bows over three days so shoot a lot of them.  I like to shoot favorites and all the new stuff, and then there are always a few that in the past have not been available in my weight range or bow length requirements.  I will try to comment more later on some others I tried this year.  Here is my list of stuff I shot this year for the first time.

BW KB
Hill Country Bobcat
Zipper SXT
Zipper 4pc TD longbow
ACS one piece
Dalaa longbow
Predator metal riser
Great northern fireball

I know there are a couple more I am not thinking of right off.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©