3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Any news from K'Zoo !!!!  (Read 716 times)

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Any news from K'Zoo !!!!
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2012, 08:41:00 AM »
Jeff, Did you order the recurve?

Steve hasnt made one of those in a while.

Eric

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2012, 08:58:00 AM »
Brought back a LaClaire Little shaver. Ron signed the sheath for me. He is good guy for sure.

Also sat in Ashby's seminar and learned a few things that didn't stand out in his previous reports. Interesting info on the types of internal cutting a single bevel BH does on tissue.

Troy Breeding did a nice job showing the benefits of excellent tuning and ultra EFOC. Did you know that an arrow can recover from archers paradox in just 1 yard with ultra EFOC?!?

Ron from KME helped me learn a thing or two about sharpening!

GREAT EXPO FOR SURE!

Offline bodmanjack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2012, 09:09:00 AM »
I was going to buy some feathers and an arm guard.  I didn't get the arm guard.  Stopped by the RER booth and came away with a new longbow..You just can't have too many bows.  Jack

Offline Sirius Black

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2012, 10:04:00 AM »
Bodmanjack, which model did you get? I have a LX w/ Tigerwood riser and limb veneers. Kevin is a great bowyer.    :wavey:
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2012, 10:57:00 AM »
Heard one of the vendors had a bow break on the draw. Wasn't there to see it. Kevin ar RER has a mind like a steel trap! I think he remembers every single bow that he has made. Super nice guy. Lot's of great wool products. Chuck at TwoTracks had the warmest wool vest ever, and the stuff that Rob at Classic Bowman Sporting Woolens had was the nicest  looking stuff I have seen. Nice to put a face to some of the names. Everyone was very nice. Strange sitting in the hotel lobby with my wife and dirtybird and looking around seeing giants of trad archery like Ron Laclair eating breakfast and drinking coffee.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2012, 11:19:00 AM »
Originally posted by pdk25:
Heard one of the vendors had a bow break on the draw. Wasn't there to see it
I heard something go and saw parts fly Friday night.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2012, 11:26:00 AM »
PDK25,  I agree on Chucks' TwoTracks vest, those things are incredible!!

Eric

Offline JJB2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2012, 11:26:00 AM »
Yeah, it was the guys just next to the zipper booth I believe.  We were standing just outside the zipper booth and part of whatever exploded hit my wife.
Life is tough but it's tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne

Offline Irish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2012, 11:30:00 AM »
Home!!   Had a great time.  Met quite a few Trad Gang members.   Opened the trunk when I got home, and found a new Zipper Recurve!!!   Wonder how that got in there??  :bigsmyl:
Mel Riley

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2012, 11:35:00 AM »
Who could have put that in the trunk....lol!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Anointed Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2012, 11:56:00 AM »
Hey Eric I talked Steve into making it for me this past summer.
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2012, 12:26:00 PM »
Here is a pic of Killy and Ron. She walked from her hotel to the Expo, a long walk through a rough neighborhood. I packed a .357 driving through it, Killy made it with just her Fedora!! She sure earned my respect by making to K-zoo, lots of effort on her part. I was thrilled to meet her!!

"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2012, 12:32:00 PM »
The big news to me was Teresa Asbell had zippers in her garments now. If i'm not mistaken, she is calling her zippered jackets "The Woodsman Classic". My cousin and I each bought one Friday night....by noon Saturday they were just about gone. AWESOME hunting garment!!

"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2012, 01:02:00 PM »
I was able to pick up one of Teresa's Silent Stalker Green pullovers to go with my nearly silent green Stalker Static Limb recurve. I'm asking my wife for a GFA quiver covered in the same material for my birthday. Teresa is awesome!!!  :thumbsup:  I left her a beaver pelt quiver she made for me 20 years ago to be repaired and readied for another 20 years.  :pray:
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2012, 01:31:00 PM »
Originally posted by JJB2:
Yeah, it was the guys just next to the zipper booth I believe.  We were standing just outside the zipper booth and part of whatever exploded hit my wife.
Wow! Glad she is okay.

Offline Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2012, 01:34:00 PM »
Went to Kzoo Saturday with my son.  We left at 4:00 am and arrived shortly after opening.   Roads were a little dicey from Chicago to Kzoo, but no issues.
First thing that surprised me was the shiny new exhibit hall.  The old building has been adequate over the years, but this was a big improvement.  High ceilings, well lit, and well ventilated, a quality facility for a quality Trad Expo.
First thing on the to-do list was to order a new set of limbs for my Fox recurve.  Ron King was great to deal with and after seeing his display bows it just reaffirmed my decision to buy my Fox years ago.  The limbs will be 46# with juniper veneers, I can't wait!
I also tried out one of the 50"  Two Tracks -Ambush bows.  It was a neat little bow, I felt like I was carrying a kids bow up to the shooting line, but that feeling went away once I let a few arrows loose.  It threw them out there with authority.  Would make a nice turkey blind bow - great price too.
I stopped by Dryad and gave their new ACS static recurve hot rod a test drive.  It was a smooth draw and was fast even at the short practice range.  I wish I could have it for an hour to try out, kinda hard to really tell with just a few arrows.  Definitely on my wish list.
The shooting lines got pretty long at times so I backed off on doing too much more shooting,  but I admired and drooled over many bows.  Especially liked the Tall Tines Brian had on display.   Black Widow, Great Northern, Zipper, Dwyer, Predator, Holm-Made, A&H...on and on.  
I really like the Tuff-Head broadheads and tried on the Big Shot glove from American Leathers - defintely gonna have one of those.   The woolens at Classic Bowmen  were outstanding, just need to save up the funds.  Bought a DVD from Gary Davis to help with my dream of making my own osage self-bow.
I intentionally brought limited funds to keep myself from going crazy, and I certainly could have.  I try to make it Kzoo every year, but it sometimes turns out every other.  We headed back about 1:00-1:30, and had plenty to talk about on the drive home.  Roads had dried up nicely and the sun was shining, so it was a pleasant drive home and we arrived in time for dinner. About 8 hours of driving for about 4-5 hours of  Expo, but I have been enough times now that I can make my way around pretty quickly, especially if I have a plan of specififc things I want to see. I noticed Morrison, Great Plains and Stalker were missing this year - hopefully they will be back next year?  
I know distance is a big factor for many,  but if you ever get a chance, you owe to yourself to make it to Kzoo some day.
Sorry no pics, totally forgot to grab the camera in the early morning hours.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline flint kemper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2012, 02:19:00 PM »
Anyone know what bowyer had a bow blow up? That just makes your heart jump especially if it is you drawing the bow.

Offline finkm1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2012, 03:02:00 PM »
Just got back from K-ZOO. Been going on sundays the last few years, less people. Shot a few bows as usual and I ordered my Black Widow PSA X Camo grain. Shot a Zipper, nice bow but mainly tryed out some longbows. I liked the Dwyer long bow that I shot. Wanted to buy a new Michigan Traditional Bowhunters hat but I think they pulled their booth out early.   Good time, good people.
"When in Rome, DO Rome"

"Expect more than others think is possible"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©