3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: GFA Haversack review  (Read 651 times)

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: GFA Haversack review
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2012, 11:36:00 AM »
Thanks Justin for the pic!
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline SS Snuffer

• Trad Bowhunter
  • At home in White Oaks and swamps
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2012, 01:04:00 PM »
Ya I was wondering about that too. I wanted the plaid one but the leather straps are on the edges and I was wondering if it would just fold up? Great product lots of interest in it! Don't like backpacks.
Would be using it to carry small binos gruntcall,gutting gloves and cell phone in case I do sumthin dumb.
Chuck
Kodiak Mag 52" 41 lb.
Kota Kill-Um 60" 42 lb.
Kanati 58" 38 lb.
Black Hunter Longbow 60" 40 lb.

No Guts - No Story

Offline Bishop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2012, 01:18:00 PM »
Mine doesn't have a snap and its he plaid one.

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2012, 02:31:00 PM »
They do look very trad and seem to hold a lot of stuff
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline AWPForester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2012, 03:51:00 PM »
I think a lot of how it holds the gear is how it gets packed.  I have seen no tendencies to see the thing want to flop open caused by everything flowing to the middle..  i do believe it is undoubtably the handiest thing I have seen in a while.  God Bless.
Psalm 25:3 Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: Let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2012, 07:31:00 AM »
Guys,
 You can get the plaid without the leather strap cause that's how mine was done....Now if you put everything into it except the kitchensink then it will be too heavy....Basically look at what you really need to store for a days outing and re think it again..If some things can be left in the truck and easy to reach in case you get a late evening hit on an animal then don't pack it till it overflows...I had everything possible packed in my backpack and had to really think have I used this in the last few years? I also saw a post where someone sewn a hole and added a butten to hold it closed and that is something anyone should be able to do...These haversacks take loads off your back and so much easier to carry a haversack on your side then something hurting your back..Mrs.Teresa even explained over the phone that you can just simply slide it back behind you if a shot is presented or moving through thick brush and getting it hung up on branchs etc...Maybe we should all get together to list the most valuable items that we should put into our packs just for a one day sitting nothing more...Lets not go overboard but ask ourselves this..Is it 100% nessary for this sitting and what I'm hunting and can I put it in my pocket and not my haversack to keep the weight down?  Keefer's <><

My item would be headlamp with only 1 spare set of new batteries...

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2012, 08:33:00 AM »
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline AWPForester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2012, 09:30:00 AM »

Well, I carry alot of stuff that includes treestand things like safety belt, screw a bow holder because some of the grounds I hunt have stands hung and I hunt from palce to place or climb on a whim.  The saw I carry to make blinds and cut limbs with a climber stand.  It stays always.  My bino's are huge and they go everytime.

I like to go prepared if possible so I carry 2 lights due to distance I travel, 2 deer calls, which will probably be taken out next year, flagging, handwarmers, water and food.

This thing will allow for clothes to be hung through them and paked in when you swing it to the back for quick walking.  Going to down size the bino's one day so this will basically due away with the weight and bulk mine has.  And I have a fleece neck gaiter and gloves that I carry in there so I don't fprget or lose them.

God Bless
Psalm 25:3 Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: Let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2012, 09:51:00 AM »
Rob,
  The little survival kit is something we all should carry in ours incase we accidently cut ourselves...The jerky is another thing but can go into another pouch Like your belly so that will be gone by the time you head home..    :thumbsup:

Online CDR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2012, 10:16:00 AM »
I did check them out, and made a big mistake not buying one.   :banghead:   I will get one soon though.

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2012, 11:18:00 AM »
Its amazing whats in that kit for the size. I did replace the stock knife with a swiss buck and upgraded the compass. My extra bowstring also fits in it. The little blue dry bag has campers toilet paper, extra batteries, some para cord to make a deer drag, and travel size hand sanitizer. Works good to clean hands after field dressing and is very flammable.

On a bit longer trip I replace a water bottle with a water filter and include a backpackers tarp.

If we could phone in a deer kill here I might never leave the woods. Might have to include some bbq sauce though  :D  

Rob
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline Seeking Trad Deer

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2012, 05:45:00 PM »
I love when guys buy products from wihtin the trad gang circle and not the big Chinese manufacturers.  Kudos to the Asbell's for fine products and all of you who support the trad community.    :thumbsup:
The Lord is my Shepherd

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2013, 04:06:00 PM »
up for
Lon Scott

Offline Lee Viv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2013, 04:16:00 PM »
I used mine the entire deer season instead of a fanny pac.  It held everything I needed, flap never came open, and with careful packing items stayed in place!  It was quiet, and easy to carry around....just what I needed for daily hunts!

Offline Brock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2013, 04:59:00 PM »
same here....carried spare tab, compass, spare inserts for thermacell, surveyors tape, small flashlight, non-fog for glasses, map if needed and a snack...worked great.

on recent hog hunt to Georgia carried a bit more as I was in unfamiliar territory...so added GPS, gloves for field dressing, spare string for bow, etc.

I loaded it down and it never lost anything.  I might add a loose antler tip thong to help keep closed for rough terrain though...just in case.
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2013, 05:56:00 PM »
Hmmm.... These do look sweet indeed! I am a die hard back pack guy but I am liking the idea of a more trad style haversack to do small hunts.

Cheers,

ak.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©