3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bow Grips  (Read 730 times)

Offline Budog56

• Trad Bowhunter
Bow Grips
« on: January 15, 2007, 10:16:00 AM »
Im planning on ordering a bow in the very near future and I;m findin gout there is much more to it than I thought..I was studying the silvertips order form and I notice it says high medium or low grip..I have a Super Kodiak.what is my grip?
What are the differences and advantages/disadvantages of each? Thanks for the info. Pics would be a plus.

Offline RayMO

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow Grips
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 09:08:00 AM »
I noticed no one has answered this so I will give it a try.

First, don't spend a lot of money on a custom bow until you know what you want and why you like it that way.

Second, there is no easy answer to your question. It depends on what you like and what works for you.

I really don't know the answer to the grip on a super Kodiak,  but most stock bows have a medium to low grip.

You could also talk to a good bower like the people at silvertips and see what they suggest.

I have went from a high grip to a lower one so what you like may also change over time. You will hear a lot of different opions on this, but the bottom line is figure out what works best for you shooting form.

Maybe that helps some...I hope so.

RayMO

P.S. Send old Charlie Lamb a PM he will have so good advice also.

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow Grips
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 09:30:00 AM »
RayMO said, "First, don't spend a lot of money on a custom bow until you know what you want and why you like it that way."  That is excellent advice.

Calling your bowyer is also a good suggestion, if you tell him your shooting a Super K and want that type of grip, I'd wager he'll be able to do that no problem.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©