3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Help me make a list (big trip)  (Read 328 times)

Offline LinemanARK

• Trad Bowhunter
Help me make a list (big trip)
« on: January 29, 2012, 06:08:00 PM »
I am fixing to take a trip, a float trip with a few freinds. Camping huntn fishing all the fun outdoors stuff. I need help making a list of things to make sure I got everything. I am bringing my bowfishing gear fishing gear trad bow and arrows. Gonna do this 4 day trip bout the middle of turkey season. Gonna bring a few food idems but mostly we have to eat what we kill, catch. I just need help with this list. Things you brought with you on a trip or things you forgot.  Mike

Offline Outwest

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Help me make a list (big trip)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 06:15:00 PM »
I'll start off.

TOILET PAPER!!!

John

Offline cyred4d

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 06:18:00 PM »
Utility tool like a leatherman.

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 06:30:00 PM »
Waterproof bags for clothing and everything else. A few good poly tarps(solid not woven) for rain and such, you can cover you and gear.Sharpening stone,compass,map, an emergency cell phone, and or SAT phone, and GPS with extra batteries for all electronics.And do let someone know entry and exit dates and times and have an extra map with the route marked on it in case you dont return on time.That is the single best advice I can give you.

And most important, you all should go to your house and watch Deliverance! bet ya get some tips from that...LOL
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Gentry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 06:43:00 PM »
Originally posted by lpcjon2:
Waterproof bags for clothing and everything else. A few good poly tarps(solid not woven) for rain and such, you can cover you and gear.Sharpening stone,compass,map, an emergency cell phone, and or SAT phone, and GPS with extra batteries for all electronics.And do let someone know entry and exit dates and times and have an extra map with the route marked on it in case you dont return on time.That is the single best advice I can give you.

And most important, you all should go to your house and watch Deliverance! bet ya get some tips from that...LOL
Dam 1pcjon2 You afraid you going to get lost or something is going to happen to you? lol
Gary Gentry
Cari-bow Wolverine T/D 62@28

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 06:49:00 PM »
Gentry,
  I spent 4 years in the Corps(lost most of the time cause of others) and spent 18yrs as an EMT and high angle rope rescue for the fire department. Spent plenty of time rescuing and searching for those who didnt plan.Its better to over compensate for what mother nature, and Murphy's law can put out than to be unprepared.Even in warm climate you can fall victim to the elements.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Gentry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 06:52:00 PM »
I hear ya it is always a good idea to have a plan. I am always hearing about people getting and being lost. lol
Gary Gentry
Cari-bow Wolverine T/D 62@28

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 06:59:00 PM »
Dry bags for your clothing and sleeping gear are VERY important on a float trip. Also first aid kit, waterproof matches, space blanket, dry tinder, rain fly, ropes and poles. I always carried a 50 cal. Army surplus ammo box for all of my important things like wallet, keys, incidentals with my name, address and phone number on it (they're waterproof and they float). I never felt I needed a GPS on a float trip, the river went one way and they didn't have them invented yet. Don't forget the fishing pliers for unhooking fish and getting a barb out of the skin.

Sounds like fun, wish I could be there.

Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline LinemanARK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 07:28:00 PM »
Gonna be a good time the best part is the river were gonna be on is where I grew up not that its still not dangerous but I feel better knowing were I'm at. We can get off the river in any number of places so just in case we have to get off, bad weather, someone sick, but I am excited about this can't what.T-Paper got it that is a good one, I also like the dry bags were did ya get them?

Online jess stuart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 07:50:00 PM »
Seems I always forget the chapstick and sunblock.  I think those and some bug dope would come in very handy.

Offline LinemanARK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 08:26:00 PM »
man this is gonna be a big list lol

Offline Caleb Andes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 09:29:00 PM »
Beer and thermacell
>>----> Lovin the mystical flight >>---->

Offline JamesV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 09:34:00 PM »
5 gal plastic buckets with waterproof lids works for keeping things dry when you turn over. If you are gonna eat what you kill or catch, might need to pack extra FOOD. I would have to cheat on that one.

Good luck and enjoy your trip, take plenty of pictures for us to see when you get back
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 09:49:00 PM »
sharpening stone for your knife & fish hooks, extra cap/hat and sun glasses (in case you tip the boat & lose yours). rope to tie your dry bags full of gear to your boat. small weather radio so you can know ahead of time if you need to leave the river. Possible condsideration - a firearm. extra life jacket, because somebody always forgets theirs. More food than it sounds like you plan to take in case the fish don't bite. first aid manual in addition to the first aid kit.
Sam

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 09:58:00 PM »
Originally posted by Outwest:
I'll start off.

TOILET PAPER!!!

John
That was the first thing I thought of.
It's like American Express - "Never leave home without it."
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline jrbows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 10:45:00 PM »
Something bright or reflective,CD,Mirror etc. just in case someone needs to see you from the air.Technology is great but don't bet your life on it.
SAVE A STUMP SHOOT A DEER

Offline Smithhammer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 11:08:00 PM »
A good first aid kit and just as importantly, someone who knows how to use it.

A spare oar.

A firesteel/waterproofed tinder.

Offline Blackstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 12:25:00 AM »
Smithhammer beat me to it with a spare paddle. I once drove 400 miles to do a new river and when I got there, I realized I had no PFD (lifejacket).

What river are you planning to bowhunt for four days?

Offline LONGSTYKES

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 08:59:00 AM »
Looks like about everything is pretty well covered. But I would suggest an extra string or two already set-up. Had mine cut on a trip, by an exuberant buddy who was helping to pack up to go. Bow should of been in a tube, fun when I tried to string her. But had an extra string. Have a great trip.
" The History of the Bow and Arrow is the History of Mankind " Fred Bear

TGMM Family of The Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline LinemanARK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 09:37:00 AM »
We'll be on Current river first then it runs into Black river here in Pocahontas were I live. We will start in the edge of MO. Then as soon as we get to AR its time to hunt and fish its only 1/2 mile to the state line when we start thats the boat landing were leiveing from. I got a nice first aid kit and I have to take F-A classes every year at work so that helps. The list you guys are helping us with is great. Extra strings for bows got it.  Mike

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©