3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I meet Killdeer  (Read 1122 times)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: I meet Killdeer
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2012, 05:54:00 AM »
LOL - Yer all heart, Whip. Take names, and kick butt, Ron -   :campfire:
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2012, 08:16:00 AM »
Originally posted by ber643:
"Now they can help keep her on the straight 'n narrow whenever she starts to get a little bit rowdy"      "[dntthnk]"  

Bernie, why would we want to do that?    :D
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline Pepper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2012, 10:08:00 AM »
@Mike, my TG name and my street name are the same.
I agree with you.
Archery is a family sport, enjoy it with your family.

Online Kelly

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2012, 10:20:00 AM »
Met her Friday night-then had a chance to talk to her a little bit Sunday morning.  What an awesome lady and a true representative of our way of life-think she should be "The First Lady of Trad".    :clapper:    Wished I would have had more time to talk but with her being such a "celebrity" had to share time with everyone else.
>>>>============>

Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

>>>>============>

Yours for better bowhunting, Kelly

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2012, 12:34:00 PM »
You are right, Fletcher, nobody ever tries to - least of all me -   :biglaugh:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2012, 07:39:00 PM »
It was I who was honored, and very deeply touched by the kindnesses shown me on my weekend adventure.

Firstly, Fletcher and his lovely wife Madeline took me under their wing, gave me a ride home to the motel and also graced me with company at dinner. And such company! I was surrounded by the PBS, leaders and accomplished hunters, and just plain nice people.

Gregg Coffey kindly allowed me to mail him my arrows (and pocket knife) so that I would not have to check them as baggage. Ron LaClair permitted me to stash them and my growing pile of purchases under his table, and to lollygag in a chair in his booth.

Whip gave me a ride Saturday morning so that I could slip in early and take pics before the Expo got crowded.This is when I missed out on buying that Caribow that I noticed when taking pics.

There is more, but my sore neck needs a hot shower, and that will give me time to reflect on other events that need telling.

Killdeer    :notworthy:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2012, 09:14:00 PM »
Yep, I got to see my favorite Trad Lady too. I didn't shake her hand though. I got and gave a big hug.

I first met Kathy at ATAR 6 years ago. Shared a campfire and Cigars as well as refreshments. I could sit and talk/listen to her for hours.

She often posts exactly what I want to say on threads when I can't find the words. Good to see you again, Friend.
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline JDinPA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2012, 09:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by Mike Vines:

I just wish more guys would use there real names instead of cool street names as a TG "Handle".   I have a hard time remembering everyone's handle, then I have to try and remember the names associated with it.  I guess if that's all I have to complain about, Life ain't to bad.
I agree - maybe Terry could comment on the process.

Another site I frequent (duckboats.net), we went through it a few years ago. It makes for a nicer experience for everyone.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2012, 02:46:00 PM »
Killdeer said

There is more, but my sore neck needs a hot shower, and that will give me time to reflect on other events that need telling.  
You should have taken me up on my offer to use the HotTub in my room that day while I was working at the booth....but I guess we don't know each other that well yet..   :biglaugh:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2012, 02:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by JDinPA:

I just wish more guys would use there real names instead of cool street names as a TG "Handle".   I have a hard time remembering everyone's handle, then I have to try and remember the names associated with it.  I guess if that's all I have to complain about, Life ain't to bad.

Another site I frequent (duckboats.net), we went through it a few years ago. It makes for a nicer experience for everyone. [/b]
This could help you guys out.
 http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=084596
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline smoke1953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2012, 03:42:00 PM »
Rick it was great to get to know you and your wife.

Offline GREATBROWNKNOCKEMDOWN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2012, 05:17:00 PM »
One thing i really wanted to do was meet Killie, something about a woman that shoots Traditional Archery makes my knees weak and my mouth dry.  Guess i just got a lil nervous to say hi.   :rolleyes:   Hopefully i will have the opportunity again sometime.
Big River 1pcs longbows 60 47@26
Big River 2pcs longbow 62in 50@26
Big River Flatbow 60in 57@26
Dave Ricke Recurve 60in 47@26
WISCONSIN TRADITIONAL ARCHERS
Neosho Archers

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2012, 05:30:00 PM »
Originally posted by JDinPA:

Another site I frequent (duckboats.net), we went through it a few years ago. It makes for a nicer experience for everyone. [/b]
Am just the opposite, what drives me nuts is some folks know each other here on a first name bases and you read a post where someone says "I agree Joe Blow" and then you back up to find "Joe Blow" and there is nobody like that and you can't figure out what that poster is talking about. What needs to happen is when replying personally in a thread that person needs to be refereed to as their Tradgang handle not their real name so the rest of us can figure it out.
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2012, 05:56:00 PM »
Killy is truely a gem of Tradgang and I wish I would have had the chance to meet her if I could've gone this weekend.

I'm am a little surprised at the color of the liquid in her cup in that hotel lobby picture. I was expecting a little more amber and a little less redness to it. Hmmm, perhaps Basil Hayden isn't her beverage of choice???  ;)
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2012, 10:06:00 PM »
The beverage was the result of the kindness of newfound friends, and it was tasty in its own right. The brandy warmed us all right up, and I will treasure the quiet talk we shared as the "rowdies" raged in the next room.

I think it was at this point that a certain Basil Hayden fan was busily juggling a glass of cognac and a hot tub, miraculously not losing the bottle. He did, I was told, finally become one with the cognac.

Basil Hayden is good, but so is Balvenie, Duff Gordon Late Bottled Vintage Port, soo bok, Coors Lite and a certain Texas vodka. All have their moments and milieus. (Sorry for the Franglais)

Hot tubs require a certain finesse. Or an attendant.
Killdeer   :biglaugh:

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2012, 10:22:00 PM »
Street name or real name...   :dunno:  
When I started posting here, I was very careful to keep my sex hidden. I wanted to be taken for the content of my words and experiences. I didn't want to be derided because I was female, nor coddled because I was a gurrrrlllll.

Also,I was aware that there were predators on the internet, and I wanted to preserve a bit of privacy.

I am always a bit surprised when somebody wishes for someone to fix something for them, when they could fix it themselves, and the fix deprives somebody else of a choice. Sounds like most legislation.

Killdeer

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2012, 10:41:00 PM »
 Hot tubs require a certain finesse. Or an attendant  
I agree, them hot tubs ain't the easiest vessel for a fat old man who lacks finesse to navigate...but I'm too proud to have an "attendant"....   :biglaugh:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2012, 11:01:00 PM »
Ron, Killy........  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2012, 05:17:00 AM »
Killdeer, I could never call you "just one of the guys" because of the person that you truly are.  But any woman/girl/lady or what ever they liked to be called at the time, that will go to a traditional archery gathering and buy three bows instead of going and buying shoes and purses, is one fantastic type of human being, and a lot more so than some of others of the same gender.  Nothing like a person that loves traditional archery the way you do and spreads the word about it as you do.   :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2012, 05:55:00 AM »
I love it - by next year's K'zoo, the "waggin' tongues" will have it that it was rumored "by reliable sources" that well known "Mountain Men", and notables of the Traditional Archery World, Ron LaClair and "Killdeer", were seen in a hot tub of Brandy, still in their ever present checkered wool jackets, of course, splashing the warmth giving amber libation all over "some nameless rowdies" in the lobby of a certain high end hotel, at 2012's Kalamazoo. (Oughta be great for "speculative" attendance at K'zoo - 2013.)

(Killie, serves ya right for releasing "THAT" picture, again -   ;)  )

As far as names/handles go, I'll admit that I'm blamed lucky to remember my own street name  ... or handle for that matter, a lot of the time - let alone other folks monikers. Worst of it is,  I don't think there is a thing that poor, beleagured Terry (or anyone else) could do to help me do very much better - But I am sorry, and I love y'all anyway, name, handle, or none of the above.    :campfire:  

(My work is done here      :jumper:   )

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©