3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I meet Killdeer  (Read 1121 times)

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: I meet Killdeer
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2012, 07:27:00 AM »
We met her, she hung out at the Shrew booth quite a bit. Very impressive lady!!
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2012, 07:46:00 AM »
O   Thank you  Bernie for   that  tawdry bit of imagery! That pic that you referred to just may need a bit of sprucing up in Photoshop.    :readit:

Did I tell you about the bows from Pine Hollow yet? What an awesome display! Sinew backed, rawhide backed, stained, painted, straight, wiggly and flipped, each was a work of art lavishly bedecked with paint and painstaking care. The quivers, also, were crafted with pride, somewhat more quietly in their way. I was looking over the books, some of which I already had, and noticed one which I had meant to buy for way too many years. I allowed as how I would need to come back for it once I got to seriously shopping.

I was over by Ron's booth about twenty minutes later when here comes 4runr with Al Herrin's   Cherokee Bows . It was a totally unexpected and gracious gift from a generous friend. Kenny, I don't know what I did to deserve this, but I am very grateful.

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2012, 07:53:00 AM »
I do remember when you used to post here and I hadn't realized at the time that you were one of those "gurrrllls".  It never mattered then, and it doesn't matter know.  Your opinions and thoughts are always sought out and respected.

I'm glad that you eventually felt comfortable enough to come out of Fibber McGee's Closet and sit a little closer to the fire.  You really are "one of the guys", and one of the most pleasant people to hang out with that I have ever been around.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2012, 08:49:00 AM »
Killy,

I of course never doubted your taste in liquid refreshments. Part of the joy of Shrewhaven over the years has been to sample different scotch, bourbon and other distilled beverages that everyone brings to camp along with some incredible cheese and sausage (in fact I just tried a new cheese called Parron that's going to come to camp next fall-wow in both taste and price-those shops that put out those little "bait" piles with toothpicks should be ticketed). Anyway, I've strayed into a nice bottle of cabernet sauvignon or chardonay at camp as well. And Tim Cosgrove from Kustom King brought a couple of batches of his homemade beer and it was outstanding.

So Killy, I guess we're just kindred in spirit(s) and enjoy whatever is appropriate for the occasion. Your posts have always been a joy to read and your words well thought out.

I did have to laugh at the mental picture of Ron in a hot tub with brandy.  It reminds me of the picture we have somewhere of Ron in his birthday suit flailing in the Armstrong Creek in August the year we started remodeling the cabin.  It was a scorching hot day and we were all working our tails off on putting a metal roof on the cabin (Ron was the ground "go-fer" and latrine hole digger that day) and by late afternoon we had all lost 3 lbs of water weight. Ron was first to jump in and of course our eyes have never been the same since.    :bigsmyl:
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2012, 08:59:00 AM »
Someone even took a video of the event...   :rolleyes:  

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2012, 09:03:00 AM »
I was terrified to click on that link!  :scared:    :scared:  

But I just couldn't help myself - kinda like trying not to look at a car wreck on the side of the road....  "[dntthnk]"
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2012, 09:06:00 AM »
Lost your cognac again, too. I see you finally found it!

Killdeer   :biglaugh:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2012, 09:11:00 AM »
For no other reason than just me appreciating you being a friend, Kathy. Nothing more, nothing less.
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2012, 09:19:00 AM »
You post a simple message about meeting someone and it blows up Mr. La Clair Skinny Dippin?????   :scared:  

:campfire:
The Lord Is My Provider......

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2012, 09:21:00 AM »
Oh Killy, you'd want to take that salmon away from that bear before you took a glass of cognac from Ron.   :readit:    :eek:    ;)
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2012, 09:38:00 AM »
I think we're getting off topic..    :readit:  

I've been to all 17 of the Expo's and this last one is at the top of the list. The new building was fantastic, much roomer, we never seemed crowded as in past shows, plus the lighting was like being outdoors on a sunny day.

The people of coarse are the highlight of this event and at the top of that list, for me at least was finely getting to met face to face our own Killdeer...the quickest wit in town..    :D    

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2012, 09:41:00 AM »
Originally posted by Killdeer:
Street name or real name...    :dunno:    
When I started posting here, I was very careful to keep my sex hidden. I wanted to be taken for the content of my words and experiences. I didn't want to be derided because I was female, nor coddled because I was a gurrrrlllll.

Killdeer
This wasn't directed towards you Killie, it was just an observation I had and voiced.  I wore a name tag for our organization (Michigan Longbow Association) and guys would come up and introduce themselves.  It was just hard to connect Gorilla Stomper 3000 with a name or post.  That is just an example, not a real name, but I think you get what I'm saying.  

Killie, you will always be known as Killie to me.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2012, 09:41:00 AM »
Sorry double post.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2012, 11:26:00 AM »
Boy, Ron had a lot more hair back when they took that video - and yet ... a shorter beard. Heck of a fisherman though.

I agree. shoots/rendezvous are always about the folks, along with good times and good trad gear, (plus the pictorial reports, and retorts, afterwards - LOL.)
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Lee Viv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2012, 12:53:00 PM »
i guess Killdeer is Ok, for a girrrll!  EW!

I am sure that will get me a punch in the arm at Baltimore in May!

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2012, 05:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by Lee Viv:
i guess Killdeer is Ok, for a girrrll!  EW!

I am sure that will get me a punch in the arm at Baltimore in May!
or two...............!!!!

:laughing:
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline David Bartholomew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2012, 07:00:00 PM »
What matters is that when one speaks... they speak from a solid foundation of knowledge.  Killy does just that.  Well, mostly (and a good dose of humor).  

Killy, you've earned these kudos.

David
WTCS(SW/DV)  USN Retired

« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2012, 07:02:00 PM »
Does Clark know how many boy friends she has on here? For myself, I have never met a lady that knew how to handle a canoe paddle or a trad bow that I didn't like.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2012, 07:37:00 PM »
Me neither ...   :eek:  

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2012, 07:38:00 PM »
BADDA BING!!
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©