3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bart Schleyer Article/Video  (Read 482 times)

Offline wood slinger

• Trad Bowhunter
Bart Schleyer Article/Video
« on: July 22, 2007, 01:06:00 AM »
Anyone who enjoyed the article about Bart Schleyer in Traditional Bowhunter, be sure to watch the video of his brown bear hunt under the Paul Schafer and Company link. That bear looks huge on the video!

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bart Schleyer Article/Video
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 01:21:00 PM »
Yeah the article was good I have watched a bit of the video but wonder when someone will take all these pieces and put them together for a "Memorial DVD to the ones that have gone" give the proceeds to their children they left behind.

J
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 01:38:00 PM »
I liked the article and have watched the video before. But after i read the article i had to revisit the video, not knowing much about Paul and Bart i don't think i really appreciated the video as much as i did after i read the article. If that makes any sense.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline wood slinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 01:46:00 PM »
Stone Knife, I felt the same way watching the video again after reading the article and seeing the tribute to him at the end of "Primal Dreams".

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 03:03:00 PM »
I am glad you guys can appreciate Bart. He was much more than the simple words I tried to put together for the articles. We tried to get a hold of some of the video footage that Bart took over the years, but all of that stuff belongs to his son now. The family would prefer that he make the decisions once he is of age. To do the work justice, someone would have to have the original footage. Most of the stuff Bart shot in the ‘90s was in High-8 format and would still be of reasonable quality.
We did get permision to show his image at the end of Primal Dreams. To see their incusion was a touching moment for me, my brothers and Gene and Barry. Those photos of Bart have given cause for many to relect on their own life and purpose.

Thanks again and please look for Part 2 in the next TBM.

Mike

Offline wood slinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 03:54:00 PM »
Herdbull, thanks for the article and Primal Dreams. I am looking forward to the second half of the article. Bart sounds like he was a great person.

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 08:47:00 PM »
Mike did an outstanding job on the recent TBM article. I'm sure Bart would have been proud, as well as Paul. For those of you unaware, we (the Mitten and Wensel brothers)have twice given a seminar on the making of the Primal Dreams DVD. At the end, as a special treat, we have included a segment on Bart which includes dozens of unpublished photos as well as footage taken of Bart doing his research with Siberian tigers. It's very impressive footage of a very impressive man. bw

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 12:52:00 AM »
Nicely done article, Mike.   Bart was indeed a special person and having known him personally during our college years, he would have been blushing at the words and fuss over him.   But then again, he would have recognized our admiration for his dedication and values and would have understood why, I think, we look to his life as such an example.  

It was the first article I read in this issue of TBM and I can hardly wait to read part 2.  Thanks for great read Mike.
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 02:28:00 AM »
awesome job Mike, can't wait for the follow up. Barry i was lucky enough to see the seminar and it was indeed a special treat.     :thumbsup:
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 01:09:00 PM »
I loved the article and I am very happy to have seen this thread as I did not realize the video existed here. I watched the video on Sunday and it was awesome!!! If there is anyone here who has not yet seen the video do yourself a favor and watch it as soon as possible. Thanks for the article Mike and thanks to you and the others involved in putting together such a quality video as Primal Dreams!!!
To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Offline droptine59

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2007, 01:15:00 PM »
That article was great. Mike really put his heart into the piece.

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2007, 04:22:00 PM »
Thanks guys. I had to do a little soul searching before I wrote this piece. I had to reflect on the sensitivity of the friends and family. I had to ask if it was fitting to write about a very humble and private guy. It wasn’t until I read a letter Bart wrote to Barry Wensel that I felt it was OK for me to write about Bart. In that letter Bart thanked Barry for the tribute he wrote about Paul Schafer after Paul died. Bart said it helped him get through some tough times and he was glad that the memory and inspiration of Paul could be shared with others. So, if Bart’s own words showed his pleasure and gratitude towards Barry, then I am very honored to help share the memories of Bart. If I have connect to only one person through Bart then it has been worth it. There are many folks out there who encouraged me in this project. We owe them thanks.

Mike

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 04:40:00 PM »
Yes... Brothers of the Bow. Thanks Mike. bw

Online Gun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 10:54:00 PM »
I remember watching a National Geographic Special about Siberian Tigers and seeing Bart as part of the capture team. Pretty neat stuff. Looking forward to part two as well. Good job Mike!
It's really simple. Just don't take those borderline shots. Tomorrow is another day.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©