3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Not EVERYBODY on here has trad values  (Read 1914 times)

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Not EVERYBODY on here has trad values
« on: January 31, 2012, 08:21:00 AM »
Traditional values, to me anyway, means more then just the way we choose to hunt. It's a higher moral committment as well in everything we do. ie; a man's word is his bond etc.

I've listed  several things on the classifieds over the years and have had no problems up until the last month or so. Two different times I've had guys say "I'LL TAKE IT" So, you post it as sold and box it up, ready to ship. The 1st sign is, "I'm out of town and will pay for them MOnday when I get back" Red flag! He still hasn't paid.

One guy finally said he couldn't afford them. OK, so WHY did he say he'd take them to begin with? Sad story? Car broke down? Wife said no way? C'mon guys! If you say you want something, follow through. YOUR WORD IS YOUR BOND!
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline 3Under

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Not EVERYBODY on here has trad values
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 08:25:00 AM »
Amen!  :deadhorse:
PBS,KTBA,HCB,UBK

...  When thru the forest glades I wander and hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees, when I look down from lofty mountain grandeur and hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze, ...How great Thou art!

Offline Breakfast Boy

• Corporate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 08:29:00 AM »
Amen Biggie!  I think some guys hit the trigger and say they'll take it before discussing it with the boss (wife).
-Jameson

Membership Secretary
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

www.comptontraditionalbowhunters.com

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 08:34:00 AM »
Yep, sometimes when you let your mouth overload...you just gotta eat cream of nothing soup for a while, and pay up.
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 08:38:00 AM »
Those are the ones you need to report to the mods,you may not be the first that they did it to. They may be hoping for a more gullible person who would trust them and ship on trust.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 08:43:00 AM »
Obsessive Compulsive (purchase) Disorder does seem to often be a part of trad archery, when it comes to buying stuff and wanting stuff.  There was a time when I had thirty bows, two of everything kind of the Noah's ark of bows. That is OCD. Right now I just know I gotta get a new bow, don't have a clue why, I just gotta.

Offline Stephen S

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 08:45:00 AM »
Couldn't agree more!!!!!

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 08:46:00 AM »
Biggie, I have had the same action out of a guy who told me I'll take it then didn't answer my pms. When I advertise something anymore and he responds I don't consider him a legitiment buyer and wait til my item sells then contact him to say it's sold. I haven't had any problems from others although some may wait til payday to pay.
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 08:54:00 AM »
It does chap ones behind to get stiffed by someone who has no honor.

I had a guy from Birmingham order a bow from me. The first bow I made broke just about the time I finished it, the next came in under poundage, the third was as perfect as an osage bow could be.

I had a month into the project, operate on a handshake and don't take deposits when I emailed him to tell him his bow was ready, no response.
More emails, no response, phone calls, no response. He finally picked up the phone and told me "a bunch of stuff came up, I am no longer interested in a bow". Boy, did I see RED, first and only time I have been stiffed by a customer.

Being a nice guy I let him off the hook, with steam rolling out my ears of course. To this day I can get mad about his total lack of honor and commitment, probably not a 100% trad guy and definitely didn't have the personal values I see in every other trad shooter I meet.

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 09:12:00 AM »
Eric, I think a lot of us have had that type of experience. I work the same way; when its done I contact the person who ordered it. I send it. If it meets his expectations, he pays me. I've had very few returns. Don't change the way you operate. Remember that 99.9% of us do rely on a handshake, physical or verbal. Like the rotten apple you find once in a while, you throw it away and enjoy the others. I always figure if I get stiffed on an order, I can probably sell the item for nearly as much, or possibly more, to someone else.

This "stiffee", however, remembers the "stiffer"'s name a long, long time.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 09:27:00 AM »
Well said Biggie!!!
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 09:36:00 AM »
My check is in the mail-honest!!   :bigsmyl:

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 09:38:00 AM »
I'm just a consumer. I've bought, traded, and sold a few curves here. So far my experiences have been top-notch!

Offline Joeabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 10:01:00 AM »
Sorry to hear that.  Bad deals or lack of integrity, dishonesty call it what you want is a big reason why I won't visit AT again.  I had never sold on the net before and when I did only 1/2 the deals actually went through.  I found this site and have already had only great dealings.  I do believe trad guys on average do have higher values.

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 10:02:00 AM »
Well said, Biggie. A sign of the times, I think.  More dishonest or at least disingenuous folks around now. We tend to let our guard down on this site, but they're everywhere.   :dunno:

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 10:08:00 AM »
Bowwild, I have had excellent overall luck buying and selling. I bought a Morrison TD when I first arrived on tradgang from a guy in Wyoming. The day after I sent the MO to him the bow arrived. He had sent it on my word, a $500 bow! I knew then that tradgang had a very high,honorable standard and I said to myself "My kind of people". I could not have been that trusting dealing with people I didn't know. When a membership grows to the size that tradgang has there will always be some glitches, but as long as a man is upfront and honest there won't be problems.
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 10:10:00 AM »
I hate to say but that is the way it goes. I think that is just buisness as normal for these times. I think guys get excited and they want it but they are not at the store where it gets in there hands and the cash is in yours. If they have buyers remorse its to late then. but for the most part they have 8 to 12 hours to think about it and they change there mind. It bothered me at first when it happened to me. But now I just dont even give it a second thought. I usally see the customer later on buy the product so I just dont make it personal.
Don't ever try to be like any body else and don't ever be affraid to take risks. Waylon Jennings
Honesty is something you cant wear out. Waylon Jennings

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 10:13:00 AM »
I have had that happen as well and it is not much fun. But until I am standing in the other persons shoes in their circumstances, I will not judge.

Offline bow_man_66

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2012, 10:33:00 AM »
I have to say that the Trad Values is what keeps me here. More great people on this site than the few that are here that do not follow through. Things do come up, we all understand that. None of us are perfect. Communication is the best thing for all though, make sure all involved know whats going on. I do stand by my word, its the only thing we really have in the end!!!
May your arrow always fly true and your hunt be an adventure.

Shoot Straight,

Bow_man66

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, 10:40:00 AM »
I have sold two bows on Trad Gang. When each person said they wanted the bow, I went back to my classified ad to edit it. The edit in the title didn't say, "Sold". I put, "Sale Pending". If things went wrong (and they didn't), I'm covered and this also lets other people know who are watching the ad what's happening with the transaction.

Once the sale is complete, I again go back to my classified ad, re-edit the title (again) by putting "Sold" in the title so people following the ad now know the bow is no longer available.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©