3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Not EVERYBODY on here has trad values  (Read 1913 times)

Offline BOHO

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Not EVERYBODY on here has trad values
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2012, 04:43:00 PM »
a sign of the times for sure. if TG had a feedback system, you could leave negative and it wouldnt take long you'd know who not to deal with. 99% of the guys here are straight up tho
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow
Black Widow Recurve
Mike Corby Special
DAS Recurve

« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2012, 05:14:00 PM »
Even with friends at times you just cannot win. A couple of years back I decided to trim the bows down to two left handers and two right handers. At first I was thinking of selling everything and just getting one good bow and just shoot that. In the process I ended up not being sure of the quality of my used stuff, so instead I gave it away to folks that I knew would use it. I gave a Hill bow to one fellow and one of my Hill blank jobs to another. Then wouldn't you know,one day they compared their bows with a chronograph. My blank job was faster and the one that got the free Big Five felt screwed. I had to remind him of the four deer he had taken with it, his first four deer in 12 years of bow hunting. Then he acknowledged that it was a better draw weight for him and thus the better bow of the two for him. It is time again for me to trim the ranks by a couple of bows and I am already getting nervous about it. If someone backs out of a sale, I know it may cause frustration, but it is not worth demonizing someone over, times and finances are variable and tough for some folks.  I have been there and I may be there again, besides it is fun helping out those in need, most of the time they really appreciate a little help. Is a friend worth the price of a used bow or some arrows? Every time.

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2012, 07:50:00 PM »
This site is the best. I've learned alot, made new friends, bought, sold and traded and never had a sour deal. Maybe I'm wrong but I've found that the Trad community in general has a certain sense of honor that I've not found anywhere else. I try not to let a few bad situations change my opinion.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline LC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2012, 08:08:00 PM »
I've never sold traded or done anything remotely like this on here or on any another site. I will say that I was brought up believeing 90% of folks were good and 10% were bad. I'm sad to say that after 53 years wondering around on this planet we call earth I believe that 90% are bad and 10% are good. The good news is that I think the majority of folks on here are in the 10% GOOD. But it only takes that 1% to make it look bad! JMHO
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Offline jax

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2012, 08:35:00 PM »
If you had to dis uss it with the " boss" you have problems

Offline jax

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: February 01, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »
If you had to dis uss it with the " boss" you have problems

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: February 01, 2012, 08:57:00 PM »
And there is the other side of the coin, if you don't discuss with the boss you may have a very big problem lol.

Or as Mr. LaClair says it's better to ask forgiveness then permission lol.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: February 01, 2012, 09:04:00 PM »
I recently agreed to buy a bow from a bowyer and was/am extremely excited.

Two days later I was hit with a dental bill that was out of the blue. The dental needs are my daughter's.

Crap happens. I am fortunate to be able to take the hit with the dental bill and still keep the bow commitment.

Some folks may not be so fortunate. But as so very well said, communication and understanding are key. If your excuse is just a change of heart, that's where honor is lost.

I can see both sides.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: February 01, 2012, 09:10:00 PM »
If you are buying things with the last money in your account, then you are being a little reckless.  If an emergency pops up, then what? you back out of a commitment?

Not me.  I understand things come up, but to be reckless is poor planning.  Poor planning is the fault of the responsible who planned it.

My guess is a lot of people are bad planners and have poor judgement. I see it with drivers every day, why would it be different with money?

I am not harping on anyone specifically, just had a bad day. Thanks for allowing me to vent in this  thread.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: February 01, 2012, 09:14:00 PM »
Depends on the size of the emergency.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2012, 09:17:00 PM »
Cyclic you need a hug and a drink, your allowed to vent anytime.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline rnickl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: February 01, 2012, 09:26:00 PM »
It would be nice to have a feedback section in here somewhere to leave info on how transactions went with sellers and buyers.

@admin,
Would it be difficult to setup a section like this we could view when we maybe click someones profile?

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: February 01, 2012, 09:32:00 PM »
We had a rating system that didnt work out so good.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: February 01, 2012, 09:33:00 PM »
Don't like rating systems.....someone can bad mouth someone just out of spite.....and that we can't really control.  And what a can of worms that would be.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: February 01, 2012, 09:58:00 PM »
Originally posted by Terry Green:
Don't like rating systems.....someone can bad mouth someone just out of spite.....and that we can't really control.  And what a can of worms that would be.
I have seen this on other sites, not trad or even archery sites but other forums that have a "Classifieds Section". Many times instead of trying to "work out a problem" people just go off on a tear against someone and usually the thread has to be closed anyway because nothing constructive comes of it. I will say the "iTrader" type rating systems seem to work pretty well for both providing a feedback system but honestly, I do not see the need here. I have purchased a lot of gear here without a single problem. To the contrary I could fill a page with the generosity and kindness I have been shown by members here. I will also say that TGs "Wall of Shame" is far smaller than what I have seen in other forums. This has to be one of the best communities I have interacted with and I spend ALOT of time online in forums of many different topics and genres.

Kudos to all here who make this such an absolutely wonder site!

Offline Catskill Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: February 01, 2012, 10:01:00 PM »
I agree with Charlie, don't commit your last dime to buy something you want but don't need. Someone posted above that he committed to a sale using funds he had not yet received from his own deal with another person, and then tried to blame it on a deal gone sour. Thi

Offline Catskill Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »
I agree with Charlie, don't commit your last dime to buy something you want but don't need. Someone posted above that he committed to a sale using funds he had not yet received from his own deal with another person, and then tried to blame it on a deal gone sour. This is WRONG!

If you don't have the money in your hand DON'T AGREE TO BUY SOMETHING!

Offline Catskill Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: February 01, 2012, 10:04:00 PM »
Sorry for the half-post. I need some reading glasses!

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2012, 10:43:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bud B.:
Depends on the size of the emergency.
You are right, I had a clause in the there that had me off the hook, but must have edited out.

It does depend on the emergency.  Things come up, and always will. I think everyone will understand true emergencies.  

Some people seem to come up with emergencies often.      :rolleyes:   I am referring to someone who backed out of a sale 2 times and strung me out over the course of 4 months.   :mad:      

Now that I have worked through my bad day a little, I will will reiterate I have had much, much more positive experiences, than poor. That is a true testament to the people I share a cyber campfire.

:notworthy:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline wscruggs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: February 01, 2012, 10:53:00 PM »
Ok I have only read a few of these post and I have to say the ball goes both ways. I have agreed to buy bows from people only to have them to come back and tell me they were no longer for sale because there dad wanted to try out left handed and liked it. So don't just trash those who back out on buying something. Eather way if you want to buy or sale something let your word be your contract.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©