3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Not EVERYBODY on here has trad values  (Read 1922 times)

Offline Steve in Canton

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Not EVERYBODY on here has trad values
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2012, 02:48:00 PM »
Originally posted by mmilinovich:
BobCo 1965:

I'm sure you're a good human being.  But you, my friend, are part of the problem.

You said (above):  "I will not judge."

A segment of our society has shouted down the majority, saying that no matter what offends a person, he should not judge; in fact, he has no right to judge.

That's crap.  Wrong is wrong.  When I see it, I not only judge, but I confront.

Lack of integrity, the subject of Biggie's initial post, is a BIG PROBLEM . . . and we need "judges!"

Mark
I agree with Bobco we should not judge.  Nothing in the original post by Biggie states why the person could not pay for the product.  If like me the person lost his job and can not pay for the product then the person should not be looked down upon.  by reading some of these post it looks to me that people are agreeing with biggie because of who he is instead at trying to look at the big picture and finding out what was the reason the person reneaged on the deal.  What is wrong in some peoples eyes is not wrong in everybodies.

Offline cbCrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2012, 03:01:00 PM »
mmilinovich, would you please tell us what integrity is because as I see it you have none! To me it means having a code or values that you live by and that you are willing to listen to others point of view, and never apply it unfairly. You are the problem, you want to be the judge, jury, and hangman without even knowing what really happened and always pass the blame to others. I try to live my life with one thing that helps me make up my mind,believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see, and never make a judgement without the facts. You sir,in all due respect to you, are the problem not the answer.

Offline monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2012, 03:03:00 PM »
seems like there are two different scenarios that have recurred in this thread.  That of being downright ripped off and, OTOH, having a promise to buy broken.  Two very different things.

All of my buying and selling on the internet has been satifactory at least and mostly superlative.  That includes ****, auction arms, various claissifieds such as here on TG, etc.  Have not used TG classifieds but expect If ever I do it will be satisfactory as well.

When one takes orders without deposits, it will always be subject to "the law of diminishing intent".
Monterey

"I didn't say all that stuff". - Confucius........and Yogi Berra

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2012, 03:03:00 PM »
I've bought, traded, and sold a few bows and other stuff here and up to a couple of weeks ago I had a person say he would take it and them e-mail me and said he changed his mind. But at least he e-mailed me.
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2012, 03:06:00 PM »
Oops!  Sorry, did not realize that "****" is unmentionable!  :o
Monterey

"I didn't say all that stuff". - Confucius........and Yogi Berra

Online Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2012, 03:14:00 PM »
Oh please. If the guy contacted Biggie and told him that he just lost his job I doubt Biggie would be upset. From his post it seems these people just don't care and never contact you again. I see it with a friend of mine who makes knives, they tell him whatthey want and that they will meet him at the club on this date and never show and keep blowing him off so he misses chances at selling the knife to someone else. Because of this he is now asking for deposits.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2012, 03:50:00 PM »
Well said!
James Kerr

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2012, 04:05:00 PM »
I have bought and sold about 2 dozen bows on this site, on one occasion I boxed up a bow and waited for the check that never came-so someone changed their mind, now I am boxing stuff up more slowly.
IMO This site is especially safe to deal on compared to any other.

Offline chanumpa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2012, 04:19:00 PM »
Right on biggy,glad you covered this.Twice now in the last 2 weeks I have found a new to me bows that was "the one"I had the green light from lil wifey to buy a new one for my 50th B-day.The first one,the guy must of sold it right away and then just never came back to his add(not on this site").I was bummed!Oh well,at least I didnt get took.I must add that the people I have bought from on this site,have all been great so far.I was real sorry to hear in the last year or so about a few bad apples popping in.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2012, 04:45:00 PM »
one thing I do is look up the persons recent posts on their profile page if they only have 20 posts and they are all classifieds in the last month, I pass on them.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2012, 04:56:00 PM »
This thread serves a good purpose....it will only make the site better....so please, do not loose control and start attacking folks personaly.

Like I said....mistakes happen, and when they are dealt with in the correct manner, then they are not a problem.  However, there are exceptions that causes frustration beyond just the parties involved.  THOSE are the one's Biggie is referring to.

:campfire:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2012, 05:04:00 PM »
I'm right there with you guys. Had it happen a few times. I actually had a longtime member on here send me a PM offering to sell me a set of BL longbow limbs. He quoted a price, I replied that I would take them and he has refused to accept e-mails or PM's since and, he deals on here all the time. I'll not mention his name but it sure left a bad taste here.

Offline wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2012, 05:11:00 PM »
I've bought a few things here, clothes, bows and quivers and have always had a good experience. One time I did ask a guy if he accepted Paypal and he took it to mean "I'll take it", but that's really no big deal. Sometimes someones work or family issues could cause a delay in communication, but the key word is "communication"...
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline mjh

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2012, 05:24:00 PM »
I usually don't hit the I'll buy it button unless I've got the cash stashed away in the first place.  If need be I'll put something on the credit card, the vendor gets paid and I'll deal with the bill and interest.  I have been in the situation where the car actually did break down.  I had to cancel going to an event I had regisgtered for.  Stuff happens once in a while.  Who knows what people are doing or thinking today though.  I've had good dealings with folks here and have always done right by them.  I expect no less but am aware of the realities.

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2012, 05:34:00 PM »
You state he cannot judge you but your original post states that you can judge someone you dont know,Did I miss something    :confused:  

if you look 5 post above yours it was stated not to make it personal by the man who can judge what goes on on his site,so why not respect him and one another. Thats my thought!
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline RAU

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2012, 06:00:00 PM »
I pretty much agree with bobco1965. Backing out of a deal with a sad story after you said you'd buy it isn't the most honorable thing in the world but there's s heck of alot more rotten things guys are doing every day and none of us really do know what that guys situation is. If this guy cashed a check or received something and didnt pay or scammed someone, those thongs cant be overlooked or forgiven. I'm not trying to make light of the situation but none of us really know whether or mot spmething bad did happen to this guy. Probably didn't but coulda happened.

Mmilinovich I'm pretty sure you drew 1st blood in the judgment game when you called bobco 1965 "part of the problem" when  it's pretty obvious you don't know the guy. Kinda late to get huffy and complain "you dont know me and have got no basis for judging me in that regard"

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2012, 06:19:00 PM »
I agree with Biggie but also know that the tyranny of distance here in Oz can throw spanners in the works .
I have a knife and a bow I am still expecting almost a year after paying for them ...
but conversely I pulled out of a deal with a fellow TG'er just last week after [ through no fault of the seller ] the shipping charges grew expedentially .

I am still a fan of Int Money Orders because I can always cancel cheques etc p[ and have had to xcancel a few and reissue them ] , but I have had a couple go missing ... Paypal is a bit of a pain because I use it like a credit card and only transfer money onto it when needed , and that means a trip to the bank .....
So someone not using paypal is not a problem for me as I understand it . But I do understand that it can be frustrating for some as the transaction takes longer , particularly for those of us outside the USA ... it took me 6 weeks and  2 int' cheqies at $ 30 a pop incharges to get money to Dave Mitchell last year ......
And I was guilty , plain ol' forgetfullness , no excuses of forgetting to post a cheque a year ago to a TG member . Its all cleared up but I know how frustrating , AND how embarrassing it can be .....
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline mmilinovich

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2012, 06:29:00 PM »
RAU and BobCo1965:

You fellas are correct.  I called BobCO "part of the problem."  I shouldn't have.  I should have said that BobCo's stated position was part of the problem, not BobCo personally.  For that, I apologize to BobCo.

RAU, you excuse a dishonorable action by saying that "there's a heck of alot more rotten things guys are doing every day . . ."  Most people doing wrong can use that argument.  It's not a good one.

Furthermore, RAU, I was neither "huffy" nor did I "complain."  I merely stated a fact (i.e. that Crow didn't know me) and that, contrary to his stated principles, he was judging me.

Anyway, I'm disappointed that dishonorable actions are so readily accepted on TradGang.  But, I'm through arguing the issue.

Mark

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2012, 06:57:00 PM »
On a positive note, I have had nothing but good transactions here in the last year, but a little due diligence never hurts.

Oh and what's that verse - "let your yes be yes, and your no be no."   No need to make a big commotion, if you say you are going to do something, be prepared to follow it up.  I'm also sure most understand true emergencies versus backpedaling excuses.  

And . . . if you don't have much in the way of values and only adhere to the law of actions and consequences, just understand that screwing someone over once will undoubtedly hurt you far greater in the long run than any short-term benefit, especially on a site like TG.
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2012, 07:06:00 PM »
Yep, a man's word, spoken or digital, should be the law. But then again, there's some on here without values OR a sense of humor. Should be a G.I. Blanket party for the ones that break the code!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©