3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Not EVERYBODY on here has trad values  (Read 1923 times)

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Not EVERYBODY on here has trad values
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2012, 07:14:00 PM »
i agree well spoken, i have had nothing but good from everyone i have delt with on this site so far. i will continue to keep my fingers crossed. i do however like the paypal cause its safe and i got ya if you try to rip me. i dont like doing money orders if i dont have to.
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2012, 07:21:00 PM »
For those that don't like MO you can always send cash. I'd never turn it down, but if you use Paypal it costs to do the transaction so be prepared to pay more to be fair to the seller.
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2012, 07:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by mmilinovich:

Anyway, I'm disappointed that dishonorable actions are so readily accepted on TradGang.

Mark
Exactly what are you basing that statement on?
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Kingsnake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2012, 07:25:00 PM »
In 'another life' I worked in sales, where we had a saying:  "Buyers are Liars."  I get it that stuff comes up.  Just say, "Hey, Man, I can't do it."

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2012, 07:25:00 PM »
I'd be scared to stiff Biggie - he knows where I live.I do understand the frustration, and I totally agree with the guys who say a man's word is his bond. Or to put it another way, if a man's word is no good, the man is no good. Thankfully most of the folkss on this forum are true to their word.
Sam

Offline sunny hill archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2012, 07:28:00 PM »
Originally posted by Sam McMichael:
I'd be scared to stiff Biggie -  
I'd be scared to stiff Biggie too....
The old order is passing. Swiftly receding into memory are the days of strong, earnest men who followed an atavistic yearning to pit their skills against wild animals.

Billy Ellis

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2012, 07:28:00 PM »
I think one of the points to be made here is Think before you say I'll take it. Sure, if you have to go count pennies to see if you can afford it and it gets sold you will be disappointed. But it's better then what's happened here. For Biggie to make this public it was more than a simple PM from the buyer with,I lost my job or my car broke down and I can't do it now. Be responsible folks!   :bigsmyl:
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2012, 07:30:00 PM »
Originally posted by ksbowman:
For those that don't like MO you can always send cash. I'd never turn it down, but if you use Paypal it costs to do the transaction so be prepared to pay more to be fair to the seller.
oh yea, thats not a problem to feel secure about it all. only money order i would take would be from the post office. and reason i say that is because i like to get guys there stuff out quickly. it's hard being on the receiving end knowing you either sent the money or sent out the item and not sure your going to be getting anything back.. but i guess a guy could wait till the money cleared before shipping the item out.
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Offline mwosborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2012, 07:31:00 PM »
Have only had a few transactions here on TG.  All went very well!!  Understand bad ones happen once in a while.  Fortunatley it is not the norm here.

Also, not that the # of posts make a guy honest, but I when see a guy has been around for a few years, it makes sending a MO easier.
Enjoy the hunt!  - Mitch

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2012, 07:33:00 PM »
Originally posted by ksbowman:
Again, agree 100%. I prefer to use PayPal for several reasons but I ALWAYS pay the 3% extra to cover fees even if the seller doesn't ask for it. Is just the right thing to do as far as I am concerned. Is worth it for the conveinence. Now if I am the seller I expect the same in return.

One other note, sending money to pay for items via PayPal as a "Gift" to avoid paying the fees is wrong. Same as stealing IMHO. If you don't want to pay the fees don't use PayPal, plain and simple. Maintaining a service like PayPal costs money it is a business just like any other.

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2012, 08:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by Terry Green:

Originally posted by mmilinovich:

Anyway, I'm disappointed that dishonorable actions are so readily accepted on TradGang.

Mark
Exactly what are you basing that statement on? [/b]
I think Mark was referring to the individual responses by tradgangers that were posted to his early comments.  He wasn't talking about tradgang as an entity but he didnt make that clear.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2012, 08:50:00 PM »
A man is only as good as his word.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2012, 08:57:00 PM »
Yep it is a bummer when you think something sold to someone and they back out. Of a greater concern to me would be someone who has a habit of not honoring a commitment made. I think we all would agree that sometimes things happen that necessitates a change in plans, but even so, it is still important to contact the person you're dealing with ASAP and let them know so they can move on.

Online Bigriver

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2012, 09:12:00 PM »
I hate to hear this, but with all the transactions on here, it is going to happen.I always leave my item for sale until I receive the funds. I also always request a postal m/o. If thats not ok, dont buy my item.

I have had such good luck on the classifieds, I am knocking on wood. I agree comunication is a big key. I believe tradgang does the best job of protecting its members from rip offs that it possibly can.I dont think we can be protected from buyers or sellers backing out, its an integrity thang.

Ironically, the only time I have been burned on here was on the ST Judes auction. I just sent the cash and considered it an addition to my donation.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Catskill Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2012, 09:46:00 PM »
I would never commit to buy anything here if I did not have the money to pay for it immediately. I like to use PayPal mainly because I can send the money within minutes of saying "I'll take it".  If the person doesn't want paypal I send a check or money order the NEXT day.  If I lost my job after I aggreed to buy it I wouldn't even know it until after the money is gone.

I think in most cases when someone backs out they found something else, decided they didn't really want it, or got the door slammed by the boss.  That being said, all my dealings here buying and selling have been smooth deals with top-notch people. Unfortunately, as the site grows so will the number of questionable characters.  As Uncle Buck said above, read the persons posts to try and determine what kind of person you are dealing with.

Offline hawk4570

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2012, 10:16:00 PM »
Ive had this happen. Had a member say he would take a bow at a less price than offered, I said ok and ordered another item with the money I though I was getting and the next he pm that he had changed his mind. lucky that I still have a little savings or I would have been in a bind as my only income comes from S.S.
 Also have had some back out of trades lately so now when they offer I try to make sure it is a go before I decide to do anything.
bill browning

Online Tater John

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2012, 11:09:00 PM »
Tire kickers who want to know if you can reduce an asking price and disappear after you agree to reducing. I always feel like I owe it to anyone else interested after to drop the price for them too, whether they asked or not.
Being charged 3% for a paypal shouldn't be passed to the buyer, fleabay started that...

Rusty
"Mystic rhythms,Under northern lights or the African sun,Primitive things stir the hearts of everyone"

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2012, 11:20:00 PM »
YIKES!  Did this go astray or what??   :confused:    Lots of Nasty Comments that I dont agree with. Harsh Words Gain Nothing.   :thumbsup:    My Hat is Off to the 99.9% and to the Mods! Talk about your Thankless Jobs!!  THANK YOU  to  ALL  the Mods!   :thumbsup:
    :laughing:    :laughing:   @ Fleabay!   :laughing:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline MTArrowLauncher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2012, 01:06:00 AM »
Mr. Hoffman was kind enough not to post anyones names, But i am one of the ones he is talking about.

I was going to buy items from him for my wifes bday, so i sent money to a close friend/basically family, to buy them and take them so my wife would not find out about it. My friend was supposed to have been getting ahold of him and take care of it, and for some reason did not even though i reminded him several times. It his show season right now but he kept saying he was going to take care of it.

Mr. Hoffman emailed me for an update, and I asked my friend why he did not take care of it yet, and he said that he emailed Mr. Hoffman and was getting it taken care of. I would have just sent him more money to just take care of it but unfourtunatly i didnt have more to send.

All of this is NOT intended as an excuse, the blame falls squarely on me and I feel awful about it. I was the one who made it more complicated to begin with and relied to heavily on my friend i guess. I should have just sent Mr. Hoffman the money and hid it better from my wife.

So i want to make a public and sincere apology to Mr. Hoffman, i am sorry for the trouble of it all.

I am not a dishonest or disingenuine person like some stated in this thread (Mr. Hoffman even stated he was going to just send them out right away, before i paid, and i told him to wait and the surprise situation, so i was ABSOLUTELY NOT attempting to take advantage of him!), but if that is how its seen then that is the punishment for the trouble i caused.

Mr. Hoffman was fair and nice through the whole thing even though he got screwed on the deal.

So again, I am very sorry to the trouble.

Fin
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2012, 07:05:00 AM »
Same here, just this week had a trade offered to me, when I accepted the offer....guess what ??? they changed their mind and wanted me to sell my bow and buy their's !!! Ain't happening . Just a mental note stored away for future dealings. Not that big of a deal really, for I have made some really good friends in swapping bows n such on here. More valuable than a block of gold !!!

Froggy
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©