3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Not EVERYBODY on here has trad values  (Read 1921 times)

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Not EVERYBODY on here has trad values
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2012, 08:17:00 AM »
I think the fact that this fellow came on when he could have remained anonymous says a lot.....
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2012, 08:29:00 AM »
Originally posted by Roger Norris:
I think the fact that this fellow came on when he could have remained anonymous says a lot.....
Yep, me too.....
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2012, 08:31:00 AM »
Originally posted by Roger Norris:
Agree whole heartedly!

Offline OBXarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2012, 08:35:00 AM »
Fin, that says a lot that you posted that. takes a man to fess up.

I have bought and sold so many bows on this site it is scary. Knock on wood I have yet to have a bad experience. I can't say that about two other sites.

Just last year I bought 2 sets of bear TD limbs from 2 different guys. Both sets busted with in the first 10 shots. I was absolutely sick. I called and e-mailed both guys, not an issue both refunded the money and did not question it. That is incredible, I wish I could call them out for their good dealings but as I said I buy and sell so much I loose track.

Don't mean to get mushy but the MAJORITY of guys on this site are a cut above your average hunter.

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2012, 08:42:00 AM »
MTarrowlauncher, to step up was a humble and honorable thing to do. As stated in many post, others do and will continue to do things in the classifieds that may not be on the up and up. Hopefully things will change. Humans make mistakes, ALL OF US!!

:campfire:     Lets keep the fire burning,so even the lost ones will see the light.Tim
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2012, 08:48:00 AM »
A man's word is paramount in my book.

But I think each person deserves grace.

I try to give each one some as I have been the recipient of it unconditionally.

I am proud of how this thread has worked out.

You folks are just the best of the best.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2012, 09:12:00 AM »
I've had more than a few interactions on this site with Cody (MT ARROW) and would say that I find him honorable and respectful.  Loosing a "friends" trust is probably worse than a sale gone awry.   :(  

That leaves one other incident Biggie had that moved him to post... an impulse buyer who reniged.

There seems to be a line drawn in all this: Pro and Con. I think we all agree Biggie was rightfully irritated at 2 deals gone sour.  They can shake a man's faith in his fellow man.

But we didn't know the whole truth and Biggie chose NOT to give a lot of specifics but seemed to come here simply to 'vent' to his 'family' about trad values going beyond a style of weapon. Amen.

In one case, someone trying to do a sweet thing for his Sweethang, went awry due a a "non-friend's" lack of integrity.

In the other case of Biggie's, from his brief post, the guy reniged after the fact. There is that pressure on the Classifieds to "jump, froggy, Jump" (no pun intended Lanier)  :)  or it will be gone!

Someone in these 6 pages mentioned how easy it is to get sucked into the "impulse" buy on the net.

Doesn't excuse the behavior, Maturity demands honor too, but it does suggest a lack of rancor or premeditated malice.

That MAY (can't read another's mind thru a post)so I'm guessing but it MAY have been where someone stepped up to suggest we don't "judge" in advance.

Only Mr. Hoffman truly holds that right to hold bad feelings as he is the one hosed on these deals.  

I now hope that our own Officer in AK can recoup his lost funds from his "friend" and that Biggie can re-sell quickly the items and recoup his revenue.

Peace out.

:notworthy:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2012, 09:25:00 AM »
There are lots of "classy" folks here..  By far most of the members are honorable, I would guess..

We are very fortunate to have men like Doc, Mudd, Crow, Bob and many others in our flock..

I'm glad that Biggies frustration has been laid to rest, at least in part.

Offline doctari

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2012, 09:25:00 AM »
I beleive what just happened here just shows how great this site and the people on it are.   :clapper:
"So long as the new moon returns in heavan a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold the hearts of men."   Maurice Thompson The Witchery of Archery

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2012, 09:26:00 AM »
Good post Fin. You should be commended for your courage and integrity of making this public.
  :thumbsup:

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2012, 09:32:00 AM »
Like I said.....this topic will make the site better.

Thanks Tim Jones.....I removed his post last night and walked off the keyboard.

Gregg....I hear ya, just wanted to make sure he wasn't trying to say WE at TradGang don't take care of business when folks get truly screwed.

There's a Hall of Shame list to prove it.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2012, 10:56:00 AM »
Great Thread.

I have had several people back out of sales.  Like has been mentioned earlier, Communication is key.  The no response for weeks on end is frustrating, especially when you have other people who want your item.  I always do the honorable thing.

3 weeks of no contact is my limit, I would think any buyer would understand that I would repost sopmething for sale even if they had computer problems or personal issues.

The upsetting thing is when someone says they will take it, is actively on Trad Gang and then ignores you but is still on the classifieds telling other people they will buy their items and eventually give you a song and dance about why they are backing out of your item.

I always live up to my word as do 95% of the people I have dealt with here.  If the person is someone I dont know from this site, I research their other dealings and contact people that have dealt with them.

I understand exactly where Biggie is coming from and am glad he posted this thread.  

I try not to pass judgement but sometimes it can be difficult. I keep my mouth shut when I feel someone is negligent or irresponsible unless tehy are outright corrupt.

I am grateful for this site and will continue to use the classifieds.

Thanks for all the Mods who keep it a great plce to visit.  :thumbsup:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline cbCrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »
Furthermore, RAU, I was neither "huffy" nor did I "complain." I merely stated a fact (i.e. that Crow didn't know me) and that, contrary to his stated principles, he was judging me

mmilinovich, I will apologize for what I said but did it to show that when we don't know the circumstances or the why's and wherefore's its best to know the truth before outing or reprimanding them. I just like to give the benefit of the doubt.

Offline RAU

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2012, 12:31:00 PM »
That was the right thing to do mtarrowlauncher, alot probably wouldnt have. I love this site!!!

In my initial post i can see how someone could have thought i was excusing a bad action by listing worse actions. Wasnt my intention but i can see how someone could have thought it. Im not going to edit or delete it tho.

Where did the "you cant judge me you dont know me"  post go? Thats weird! Its gone!

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2012, 12:32:00 PM »
Well, I didn't read 7 pages to say nothing!   :D  

This has nothing to do with the specific situation in previous posts but I have also had folks back out and just want to say ... Please do not drink and shop the classifieds!  

I reiterate, this is not a reflection on the previous posts or Biggie's specific dealings.  It is just another reason why people have "buyer's remorse".  You should not be shopping with impaired judgment!  No matter how relaxing it may be for you, it is sphincter tightening for the seller.
Do or do not ... there is no "try"

Cum catapulatae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2012, 03:43:00 PM »
:)  Good one, Jedi,

To quote Tom Selleck in the series The Sacketts, "Whiskey gets blamed for a lot it didn't do!"

Another good point and cautionary note for all.   :thumbsup:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2012, 03:47:00 PM »
I have been extremely fortunate in all my sales here on TG and I want to thank all those who purchased items from me. I get kidded because I "over pack" the items so no way will they get damaged in shipment.

When a member asks me to put the item aside for him because of certain reasons....I will. Like I said, they all came through when they told me they would. Small items we can live with...but to bail out on a bow, quiver, expensive arrows the last minute...NOT GOOD.

Personally, for me, it would be the last time I deal with that individual. For the buyers out there....THINK BEFORE YOU SAY YES I'LL TAKE IT. You bailing out might cost another buyer a chance at a product he really wanted. Keep The Faith...
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2012, 04:12:00 PM »
I often wonder if its a "I cant afford it, but I dont want anybody else to have it either" situation. Or better yet its a way to put a hot item on hold until the "boss" clears the purchase. Either way it s steaming pile of horse apples in my book.

Offline PaddyMac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »
That's the right thing to do, Fin.    :thumbsup:  The best rule of thumb in Internet sales is to "go in a straight line" The more zigs and zags the more chance for a wreck.

And I'll second the "Don't drink and post, period." And that is coming from a whiskey peddler.

One of the first things I read on this site was the advice to never say "I'll take it" unless you can actually pull the trigger. But I can see where a problem could result that is not a matter of honor or character. If it does, man up, and as quick as you can, confess.
Pat McGann

Southwest Archery Scorpion longbow, 35#
Fleetwood Frontier longbow, 40#
Southwest Archery Scorpion, 45#
Bob Lee Exotic Stickbow, 51#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 47#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 55#
Howatt Palomar recurve (69"), 40#

"If you leave archery for one day, it will leave you for 10 days."  --Turkish proverb

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2012, 04:27:00 PM »
I have had only excelent dealings on this site.  I bought a bow and the bow came in the day after I sent the money order.  This was a $600 Robertson.  

That impressed me so much that now I do the same.  I will ship on agreement.  If I get stiffed... well, I can't help that.  They are the ones that have to sleep with that.  I will say that I have never been stiffed here.

God Bless,
Nathan
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©