3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Congrats to Dan Fox (bohuntr)  (Read 270 times)

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Congrats to Dan Fox (bohuntr)
« on: February 02, 2012, 09:40:00 PM »
Just a hearty congrats to Dan. He is in this issue of Bowhunter with a well-written bear hunt story. Dan did a great job in the article and protrays our traditional "thing" in a very good light. It is nice to see such great written words and wonderful photos. I see more and more traditional articles in "other" magazines, and I think it's a good thing. Top shelf bud   :notworthy:
Mike Davenport

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Congrats to Dan Fox (bohuntr)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 09:56:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline David Yukon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 11:44:00 PM »
:wavey:

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 12:10:00 AM »
:clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:  

Bisch

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 06:38:00 AM »
I still receive Bowhunter magazine even though it often doesn't have much I am interested in.  But I was paging through it yesterday while eating lunch and there was Dan smiling back at me!  

Although we all like to read TBM, Trad Archers World, etc., personally I think it is even more important to have stories like Dan's in the mainstream hunting magazines where it exposes traditional gear to a much wider audience.  

Dan did us all proud, and is a great representative for traditional archery!  :scared:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Online Tater

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 08:53:00 AM »
Good Stuff...  :clapper:  ..  :clapper:
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 09:01:00 AM »
dan is a great guy an a very good hunter I cant wait to read the storie.way to go dan you are the man!

Offline md126

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 09:50:00 AM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  

well done.  i agree it's nice to see trad out there in the mainstream. there is a nice article about hunting water buffalo in Sports Afield. i believe it features denny sturgis

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 11:42:00 AM »
Wow, thanks Mike, Joe, Ed and all the rest of you for the kind words! I have always wanted to try my hand at writing and it was fun to do this article. I have to confess that as a rookie writer I sought out advice and input from a couple individuals with more experience than me including the originator of this thread, Mike Davenport. I want to thank Mike and the others for there excellant input and advice! I hope other traditional bowhunters will enjoy the article and maybe it will spark some interest in someone who has never considered hunting with traditional equipment.
       Dan
To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 12:11:00 PM »
Dan all I did was read a great story before it went to press  :)  Again, congrats! Can't wait for the next one...how's about a detailed account of the 380 bull you're going to arrow in WY this September?   :campfire:
Mike Davenport

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 12:14:00 PM »
Congrats Dan  :thumbsup:
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 12:22:00 PM »
One of the best! way to go my friend,we're represented well!
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 12:41:00 PM »
:thumbsup:     :campfire:
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline jbat73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 12:46:00 PM »
Just read that article last night as well, good article, sounded like a very exciting hunt! Nice job Dan, it's great to see more articles with hunters using trad equipment. I try to read the compound articles, but they are truly different from a trad hunt article, to technical, and sometimes removed from the outdoor experiance as a whole, no romance, or witchery of archery if you will during the hunt, J
White Mountain Traditional Bowhunters

Granite State Bowhunters

Offline PICKNGRIN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 07:06:00 PM »
Congrats on the article Dan!  I will have to find a copy of this issue.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 07:55:00 PM »
I wonder if my subscription ended?  Have not seen it yet.

You fellas should know Curt Wells is looking for high quality articles with the traditional bowhunting theme.  He is trying to show his accounting staff we are a viable alternative to all the cross gun ads and articles they are trying to stuff down his throat.  I'm pretty sure there will be more of interest to us in the near future    ;)  

If my magazine does not get he soon, I will have to buy it at the news stand just for Dan's article.    :thumbsup:

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 08:27:00 AM »
Congrats Dan!

Looking forward to reading about your hunt.  :thumbsup:  

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 10:47:00 AM »
Thank you to everyone for the nice comments! For those who subscribe to Bowhunter and have not received the issue yet I am sure it will be coming soon. Bowhunter sent me an advance copy since my article was in that issue but I have not received my regular subscription issue yet. If any of you are on the fence about submitting articles to a magazine I sure would encourage you to do so. I am a long way from being a professional writer and was pleasantly surprised that my article was so well received. I did get input along the way from some folks who are really good writers and I think that helped a bunch. If more people submit traditional bowhunting related articles to magazines we will be able to educate the general public more about why we do what we do, plus have more articles we are all interested in reading! Trust me, if I can do it, any one with the interest and a willingness to take some time can do it. Thanks again for the positive comments!
      Dan
To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 02:56:00 PM »
ttt

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 05:38:00 PM »
Got mine today Dan    :thumbsup:

Curt Wells is a good guy...do like Dan said and turn in an article.  Heck, let him know you heard he was looking for good stuff here on Trad Gang and maybe it will help us all out all around.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©