3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Feather Type Question  (Read 193 times)

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
Feather Type Question
« on: February 05, 2012, 12:44:00 AM »
Now I am sure the Majority of y'all use Turkey feathers in  ALL  of their Fashions and Styles. I am going to buy some Goose Feathers from a Memebr of this Fine Establishment, and was just Curious: Have any of you noticed any Markedly Difference in Performance between the 2 Types??   :confused:  
  I am gonna guess the Goose are a bit more Weatherproof? Just because they come from Waterfoul. Is this a safe guess? The Goose, Natural Feathers are Very Pretty without any Dye Jobs!  :thumbsup:  
   Next is: What is the "Best Cut", or Most Popular Cut? I am leaning toward the "Traditional Cut" or the ""Pope & Young" Shape". Any and All Info will be Greatly Appreciated! Thank you Folks!!  :notworthy:    :notworthy:    :goldtooth:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Feather Type Question
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 01:35:00 AM »
TTT
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Online Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 05:06:00 AM »
When I use goose feathers it is a 5 1/2 inch shield cut.Always have a couple of huntin arrows with honker feathers for foul weather huntin.Goose feathers do not seem to be as durable as turkey for me
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline cyred4d

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 06:15:00 AM »
You're right about the goose feathers being more waterproof. Personally I like a 5 inch shield cut.

Offline term

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 06:27:00 AM »
I dont personally like the Pope and Young cut. Makes noise in flight. I prefer shield cut. Just my thoughts.  term
Still looking for something I might of forgot.

Offline emt137

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 07:34:00 AM »
Traditional cut are cool looking, but are really really loud. I've been liking a 4" four fletch low pro banana or a 5" (and a bit) three fletch regular banana. Quiet with great stability.

I have some goose feathers I'm going to try on some arrows. I'll be interested to hear your experience.

~Pat
"For man only stays human by preserving large patches of simplicity in his life, while the tendency of many modern inventions...is to weaken his consciousness, dull his curiosity, and, in general, drive him nearer to the animals." -George Orwell

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©