3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Traditional Artworks for a new home?  (Read 775 times)

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
Traditional Artworks for a new home?
« on: July 22, 2007, 10:17:00 PM »
G'day to all the Gang here.

Well as some of you already know my wife, kids and I have just bought our first home. If I get things my way ( wish me luck here peoples!) It's kinda allright to put up "Tastefull"... (what ever she means by that I'll never now...  ;)  ) artworks and the likes to turn our house into a home. I/we  are looking for good wildlife pencil drawings, Jack Paluh type items as well as things from yesteryear.

I did see a cool looking Bronze from the crew at Black Widow some years back, it was of a Longbow shooter leaning around a tree stump drawing down on an Elk. If any one knows anything about that item than I'm your new best friend!!  :saywhat:  

Thanks,

A.K.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Barney

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Traditional Artworks for a new home?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 10:30:00 PM »
Check out the ones on the Wensels website.   :thumbsup:

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 07:06:00 AM »
A.K, You might want to take a look at Brian Aliff's Turkey Feather paintings also. You can see some in the current "Returned From ATAR" (or was it "Back From ATAR") thread. He does the trophies for ATAR. He has a web site of them also.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 07:45:00 AM »
Also Bernie "The Gal" Patrick-Duty's husband, Edsel Duty, has some great prints that are widly known.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline V I Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 11:40:00 AM »
Whatever happened to Heritage Prints.  They had some real neat artwork, some stuff with papa Bear, Ishi, etc..  Last time I tried their website it didn't come up.
But be sure you live out the message and do not merely listen to it and so deceive yourself - James 1:22

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 06:47:00 PM »
Thanks Bernie & Barney. I'll do a search. Any other ideas ?

A.K.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 09:07:00 PM »
Are nice longbows tasteful?  :bigsmyl:    Perhaps call em working art instead of a work of art?
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 10:20:00 PM »
mabey a small display case filled with stone points, like on the cover of the new tbm
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 10:47:00 AM »
Ian, I like your idea.  Except the "small" part.    ;)
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 11:01:00 AM »
I just saw some of those turkey feather paintings at Mojam.  BEAUTIFUL...they truly were pieces of art.

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 11:22:00 AM »
Al, send me your addy...I've got something I need to send you that should go nicely in your new home.

I'll second the feather paintings...the one I got on the St. Jude's auction is simply stunning.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 11:46:00 AM »
like I said arrowheads represent trad archery better than anything I know, I tried to make some, but ended up just breaking the rock, a feather painting of a knapped arrowhead would be awsome
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Offline chrisg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 01:14:00 PM »
Old or 'aged' topo maps are cool, I went to  a lodge far  out in the Kalahari once and they had some magic looking maps up. I was impressed that they'd leave such valuable old used maps in public areas, then I looked closer and saw they were standard govenment survey issue maps with a stained wash over them and made to look like old prospecting maps with fold lines tears, notes in 'old script', scribbles and dirt marks, stains etc ! Very convincing and maps of the area make it so much nicer. I plan to do that with maps of areas I've hunted or guided in my home. The ones from the survey office are really cheap and of course the authentic item.

Chrisg

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 07:22:00 PM »
I've got a map that dates to 1960 of the Cascade Mt. here in Oregon. It has a wilderness  designation now of Three Sisters Wilderness Area. But back then it is called "The Three Sisters Game Area". So, this map is being framed! Ahhhh, the good old days!

I just bought some Damascus broadheads from Doug Campbell that are real beauties. I am going to make up a couple of spruce arrows with real turkey fletching to put in a display frame for the wall. I would sit down and cry if I ever lost one of these!
I am going to try and make an antler chandeler too.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 07:43:00 PM »
Some real good ideas comming through here, many thanks. Having spent eight and a bit years in the Infanfty I'm a lover of maps, got me a stack full in my new workshop, out back . I do like that idea! None are old though.... only colour topos. But I'll do some thinking on that one. Thanks Chrisg...  :)

I do have a modest Bradhead collectin so something like that may take fold. Doug being the fine natures gentleman that he is already sent me a few of his heads. To purdy to shoot so thay may be wall hangers too.

Where can I find feather paintings...?

PM sent JC.

Regards, A.K.

Offline longstick

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »
http://www.jackpaluh.com/ARpge.html
 I like this guys stuff
>>-TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2007, 08:01:00 PM »
Yes that is cool. I'm planning on placing an order asap for something from his range.

A.K.

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2007, 08:18:00 PM »
Hey Al,

A shoulder mount of one of these rascals would be very tastefull.  :)  

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2007, 08:25:00 PM »
Hi Denny,

Yes mate how very true you are! I am allowed  to have a few mounted in the house, how lucky am I !!

I see he has the winter coat on. All dark on top. A fine animal well taken indeed.

A.K.

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2007, 08:44:00 PM »
Al, Even a fat boy can stalk in a pouring rain!  :)  

I believe this Paluh print is availible from Black Widow.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©